• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sensei Sethlon's Study: Taking The Ledge

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Learning from the experts is always a great way to improve and learn more about the game. Sethlon, known for his Roy play and skill in Project M, passes on his knowledge in a series called Sensei Sethlon's Study. His most recent video covers different ways to get to the ledge quickly and why players would want to do so.

Be sure to catch the rest of the Sensei Sethlon's Study video by checking out his playlist on Youtube. Learn something useful? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to stay tuned to Smashboards for other excellent Smash videos!

SmashCapps found the video very helpful and it gave him a new perspective of ledge play in Smash. To discuss smash tactics with him be sure to go follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Probably remove the WiiU/3ds tag as it is about ledge snapping and wavedashing, the advice given doesn't really translate to Sm4sh. (at least I'm fairly certain)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Probably remove the WiiU/3ds tag as it is about ledge snapping and wavedashing, the advice given doesn't really translate to Sm4sh. (at least I'm fairly certain)
It showed some sm4sh footage near the beginning of the video, but I agree it's worth taking the tag off. Thanks for the feedback :)

busken

Smash Ace
:troll: How do you do this in Smash 4
You can roll towards the ledge and if you input towards the ledge you will slip off, then you can down cancel(fastfall towards the ledge) However, since you have to wait for your roll duration to end you can't do it instantly like you can do it in PM.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It was a rhetorical question. There's no point grabbing the ledge in smash 4 anyway since they removed the "having a ledge game" thing we had going in the 3 previous games. Your opponent is going to make it back whether you edgehog or not so you lose that whole urgency in getting to the ledge first.

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure ledge snapping from stage is a thing. Could be useful for trumping

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
But are any of the given AT's possible in Sm4sh? I do agree trumping is still useful ledge game @ Doppler12 Doppler12 .
I was talking about standing on the edge and just falling off to ledge, like you can in PM. I know it has a name, but I don't really play Smash 4 much, but a DDD main in my group can do it with pikachu but not DDD really efficiently. I think it might be character specific/harder to do for some characters.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I was talking about standing on the edge and just falling off to ledge, like you can in PM. I know it has a name, but I don't really play Smash 4 much, but a DDD main in my group can do it with pikachu but not DDD really efficiently. I think it might be character specific/harder to do for some characters.
Ahh, well this video doesn't demonstrate that and anyone (me) looking for information on it for sm4sh will be disappointed. Therefore it's appropriate to remove the tag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom