• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's a Suggestion;
Fix the Social Thread.
The thing is crashing left n' right and we ain't even at 700 Pages yet over there.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I really don't think it's a page issue, nor do I think it's something that's easily fixed.
What I'm wondering about is that why the Social Thread (and only that) is crashing.
Seems odd. :\

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well I'm getting really slow response times from other threads as well, so
It's only the social for me, even when the site was loading slowly the social would straight up crash (still is right now)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Is there a way, or would it be possible to have multiple polls on the same thread? Let's say I have a character discussion thread, and I want to put to a vote a topic for discussion like biweekly or so. Once the first poll closes, how would I open a second one? I don't recall there being an option, but if there is let me know. Also, if the option doesn't exist, it coming to existence would be nice. :)

Edit: @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 I was also wondering about if notifications could show up in the actual tab of your browser (think like Twitter or Facebook for notable examples), that show how many notifications you have in parentheses next to the title of the page you're on. Just a thought!!

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What ever happened to those pre-uploaded avatars? I remember before the sever change, I think we had the option to upload our own avatars or picks ones based on a bunch here already. Please tell me I'm not going crazy and making things up

Some people may not care, but it may be a neat option for others. But since it never returned, I'm guessing the option is long gone.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'd guess it was just a remnant from the early Smashboards days as before you couldn't choose your own avatar and went off of those pre-uploaded ones...like on Serebii! Over time when custom avatars were allowed they weren't used really all too much, and now I'd guess not at all because there's no reason to bring them back.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
What ever happened to those pre-uploaded avatars? I remember before the sever change, I think we had the option to upload our own avatars or picks ones based on a bunch here already. Please tell me I'm not going crazy and making things up

Some people may not care, but it may be a neat option for others. But since it never returned, I'm guessing the option is long gone.
It could be brought back if people really wanted it I think

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Did people actually ever use those avatars? I used one for a day or two, I think, before I uploaded one.

That said, they were definitely better than the blank male, female and "?" avatars.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It could be brought back if people really wanted it I think
I'm trying to think of reasons why people would pick pre-uploaded avatars. Some people don't even have avatars (could be their own choice) or maybe because they're confused on how to upload one/don't know how (it happens, I've gave people walkthroughs on how before) and it would be easier to choose one here. Maybe their computer or wifi can't up save & upload images? Or maybe they just don't care what avatar they have and it would faster to pick a pre-uploaded one?

Anyway, you would have to ask members who used them pre-server change to get full answers (I have no idea how popular they were though). I say if there's no harm having both options, why not?

Did people actually ever use those avatars? I used one for a day or two, I think, before I uploaded one.

That said, they were definitely better than the blank male, female and "?" avatars.
Lol, I used a few when I first joined for a short time. But I think that was because I had no idea what to use for an avatar, and would rather have anything than a "blank" image for the time being. <-- I guess that could be another reason.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is the Friend Finder dead forever or do I gotta go back to allisbrawl

Last edited:

ndayday

BRoomer
When something's dead for 6 years it's safe to assume it's not getting back up is my answer.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
In regards to groups sending invites, for the longest time I wasn't able to find where the 'accept invite to this group' button was (I literally found it today). Because it's off to the side and there's plenty else on the screen as well, it often gets missed. I feel like if you've been invited to a group, the accept invite button should maybe come up as a pop-up when you enter the group or something like that?

I think it's the reason quite a few of the groups i'm in have had missing members since the old forums. :)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
In regards to groups sending invites, for the longest time I wasn't able to find where the 'accept invite to this group' button was (I literally found it today). Because it's off to the side and there's plenty else on the screen as well, it often gets missed. I feel like if you've been invited to a group, the accept invite button should maybe come up as a pop-up when you enter the group or something like that?

I think it's the reason quite a few of the groups i'm in have had missing members since the old forums. :)

Does it come up as a notification? Because it really should if it doesn't. Haha

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Does it come up as a notification? Because it really should if it doesn't. Haha
You get the invitation as an alert. However, it leads you to the group page, where the accept invite page is located on the right, near the group members. On mobile, it's located on the bottom.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You get the invitation as an alert. However, it leads you to the group page, where the accept invite page is located on the right, near the group members. On mobile, it's located on the bottom.
Yip you get the alert but that doesn't accept the invite. For several months I had no idea how to accept invites. =P

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 , you know how there was that thing that made it so all of your likes on one post are compiled into one alert?

Yeah, so today I made a post about Grimace, from McDonalds, and when I come home from school, it said only 24 people (Two specific users and 22 others) liked it.

But when I checked the actual post 67 people liked it.

Then when another person liked it, my alert still said 22 others.

So yeah. A guess that's a glitch.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Please tell me there's another payment method for premium. The paypal option is giving me a damn headache, and doing it by card requires me to make another damn account.

shapular

Smash Ace
Now that Smash 4 is out, can we take away the Project M main icons? It's confusing to see something other than Smash 4 as the fourth icon. PM is dying anyway so it's no longer necessary. There should at least be an option to hide them.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Now that Smash 4 is out, can we take away the Project M main icons? It's confusing to see something other than Smash 4 as the fourth icon. PM is dying anyway so it's no longer necessary. There should at least be an option to hide them.
I do agree with you that you should have an option to hide them, but PM is hardly dying out. We're all just kind of waiting for 3.5 to come out, and lots of us enjoy both games equally

D

Deleted member

For the sake of convenience, can we have a "1" button underneath a thread just so that I could get to the first page?

For example, instead of...
"Blah Blah Blah Thread"
...[37] [38] [39]

We should have...
"Blah Blah Blah Thread"
[1]...[37] [38] [39]

It's a minor thing, but it removes an annoyance. I think this should be done just so that I could look at the first page of a thread immediately, especially one that I have watched or have already read posts in.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
For the sake of convenience, can we have a "1" button underneath a thread just so that I could get to the first page?

For example, instead of...
"Blah Blah Blah Thread"
...[37] [38] [39]

We should have...
"Blah Blah Blah Thread"
[1]...[37] [38] [39]

It's a minor thing, but it removes an annoyance. I think this should be done just so that I could look at the first page of a thread immediately, especially one that I have watched or have already read posts in.
Clicking the thread title should take you to the first page

D

Deleted member

Clicking the thread title should take you to the first page
Of course, but I mean before clicking the thread itself.
Sometimes I want to look at the original post again instead of rocketing over to page 450 out of 600 when I click the thread title. It sometimes gets a bit annoying to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Of course, but I mean before clicking the thread itself.
Sometimes I want to look at the original post again instead of rocketing over to page 450 out of 600 when I click the thread title. It sometimes gets a bit annoying to be honest.
Hm, I think your issue is that these are 'Watched Threads' you're talking about, so the thread title links to the first unread post.

In this case, you can click the date of the thread

D

Deleted member

Hm, I think your issue is that these are 'Watched Threads' you're talking about, so the thread title links to the first unread post.

In this case, you can click the date of the thread
...Oh. Now I feel kinda dumb! Hahaha!
Thank you, though.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I would like to suggest something.

Ok so I made my account with facebook so easy and simple however whenever I'm getting free time in keyboarding/technology I do check the fourms (yes somehow the filter hasn't blocked this site) however there is one problem and well I can't sign in with facebook since that is blocked. So my suggestion is that in our account we can make a login that isn't facebook (basically same account but another way to get on) so please consider this it would be a huge help.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Can we get something like this as stickied threads for all Smash games and be well run/organized?
It would filter a lot of the "Hey I'm new to smash and I'm looking for people to play with in the ___ area."

Edit: The SSB64 community has a Google map with points mapped to help find people close to you. While a full map for each game would be severely cluttered, a state-based player locator would really help the community.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Is it possible to code deletable threads?Simply remove them?This could be done to inappropriate threads or certain locked threads,if requested.Some threads may be embarrassing to the creator,and they would like it deleted.
To rectify loss of evidence/harm being done by a disobedient staff member,deleting of threads could be a high privilege among staff.Also,deleted threads could be placed in a 'trash bin' forum viewable only to senators and administrators,and they could be restored if desired.

Just a thought.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Can we get a fix for whatever is making it so that my mobile viewing has all the threads listed like usual, but theres a giant image off to the side of the subforum/page?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, this IS a suggestion box...

With both versions released, I think that the logos beneath one's username and avatar on the front page should either be a single logo with a mention of both versions released or flat out removed. I don't see why they should remain for the same reason of the game being released worldwide.

That being said, when Mewtwo gets an official release date I'd be all for replacing it with a new timer counting down to his release.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom