• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Self-Prepared simple foods, let's talk about them.

What type of food do you eat when you're hungry?

• Sandwiches

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Snacks (candy bars)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Appetizer-like foods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soda / Soft-Drinks

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I just drink water

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Purple

Hi guys!
As they always say.

"hunger is the best seasoning".

Lately i've been holding off on eating in my house. I have a pretty good metabolism and eat like a pig with no consequence. However consequences financially are starting to set in. Originally I wasn't going to eat at all, and only eat when I needed to do physical labor for a long period of time.

Anyways, back to the point. Later last night I couldn't take being hungry, and at something I've never eaten before.

A Swiss Cheese and Smoked Turkey sandwich; I put a light leaf of lettuce, lightly coated one slice of bread with mayonnaise, and had a kosher dill pickle on the side (note, I hate swiss cheese, I never make sandwiches for myself, and i don't eat pickles by themself). I toasted the sandwich lightly on my pancake grill for about 25 seconds on each side.

That sandwich was absolutely amazing, plus the pickle was a great touch of flavor if I took a bite after biting the sandwich. I'm thinking about making another one tonight.

What are your favorite simple foods to eat when you're hungry? Is there any particular way you like to eat it? (You can't use fast food as an answer, it has to be something you have to prepare for yourself)

I go for cereal, Easy Mac, Ramen Noodles, sandwiches, and other microwavables.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Sandwiches is like one of man's best friend. I'd like to learn to cook for myself but if a guy ever needs munchies ASAP, he will more than always grab some bread. :chuckle:

That or something microwavable.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
when I've got the munchies I like to bake 6 potatoes chop up a half pound of jalapenos and a few tomatoes then chop up the potatoes and one large ripe avocado mix it with some lemon juice and cayenne pepper, little bit of Himalayan salt.

mmmm boy.

Purple

Hi guys!
you do all, of that to eat when you're hungry? I can't even imagine with that food looks like jugfingers :O

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Cereal is my best friend. I have 3+ bowls a day. Sometimes I have porridge with strawberry jam + chopped bananas (apparently this is weird...).

Peaches + cream and tuna sandwiches are good alternatives, depending on my mood.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Udon with scrambled egg.

Really simple to make and it's a hunger cure.

edit: Lol, ninja'd you ;o

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Everything in the poll I've eaten when I'm hungry. I drink water when I want to keep hungry for a big meal.

I must sound like a fat *******, but I'm pretty skinny.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Poll shoulda been multiple choice.

I eat unhealthy snacks as well as drink soft drinks but I went with the snacks because it sort of makes more sense on the poll (soda = drink)

Purple

Hi guys!
Whenever I have college classes, I end up realizing the joy of snacks like chips (usually jalapeno cheetos) as simple foods.

They're so spicy to me since I rarely eat them :X

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Usually I drown my hunger with a drink (c whut i did thar) or just a few bites of whatever junk food I have, but if I'm particularly hungry and a meal's not coming up soon I'm capable of cooking myself some noodles to eat. Sesame flavour, with sesame oil and mushrooms. Mmmmm.

Purple

Hi guys!
lol drown drink. I wish We still had ramen noodles, adding some seasoning and and vegetables really does the trick!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I envy your place of eating for selling the divine gift from the kitchen of heaven, noodles. :)

lol, I agree. Sometimes I deviate from the norm and just cook whatever vegetables that are on hand if we need to get rid of them. The oil packets could be bit bigger, though.

Darn, I can't decide whether to vote for snacks or other in the poll...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Which is tastier a larger deal of the time?

Oil packets, don't you mean the powder packets?
Noodles all the way. I'd already gone for 'Other' anyway, so it's all good.

No, with my particular brand ('Demae Ramen' iirc), we get a small plastic packet of sesame oil to drizzle over with once we've finished cooking them. Kind of annoying to get it all out into the dish instead of all over your fingers, though. XD

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Sliced bread is the best invention since.. well.... you get the idea.

Go Sandwiches!

RMZ

Smash Cadet
I'm Mexican so obviously my mother put me through "Good Wife" training. They only thing I'm truly grateful is that I can cook really well and purty fast.

When I have everything together crepes ( with strawberries, whip cream, nutella, and bananas).

If not I make a smoothie or some banana nut bread.

But if I'm really lazy some juevos rancheros with beans and cheese

Korvanica

Smash Rookie
Cheese toasted sandwiches, with stuffing and loads of mayo...

Or else whatevers in the cupboard, i usually mix a load of random things together...

Purple

Hi guys!
^

this guy knows what's up. i remember a girl came to a deli i worked at and asked for a sub sandwich with just a bunch of mayo and cheese. I tried it at home and that stuff is actually very good.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I eat snacky stuff, but not candy. Usually some fruit, or something a bit healthier than a candy bar. I try to avoid unhealthy stuff, but that usually doesn't work too well when you bring burgers into the equation. <_<

Top Bottom