• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Self Confidence and Self Esteem

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Well, then don't use people to strengthen your fallacious argument.

I am entitled to my opinions, I was there, you weren't. Everything you say is merely hypothesis.

They were amazing philosophers despite the character they chose to portray. ;)

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
You say silly things all of the time in a silly manner with sarcasm on the side. ;)

What's really the difference?

(Not saying anything after this because reasoning with you is pointless.)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Damn, this thread was getting really ******** for awhile there.

Good thing falcon and teran came in to put a stop to that. And i guess ... to talk about teran's penis too.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I feel a bit sorry for Nitewing lol.

Actually that's a lie, I don't feel sorry for anyone, but it would be nice if this blog weren't about how philosophers were ****s and talk of my special place but instead trying to be a nice verbal crutch for our poor forum goer.

Doubt he'd even listen to anything we say though, mostly I don't know why people even ask for advice and ****.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well if I let things go then I would drop them which would possibly end up with them being damaged and/or broken and that is just not a healthy habit to live with.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
The maturity of some of you makes me flabbergasted. Just.. Wow..

I mean.. Wow.. It's just so full of empty logic, and an attempt to get at me for some childish spiting. You will never listen/agree/relate/attempt to take seriously/when it comes to anything that has to do with me.

Oh well. :bee: That sums up this thread. I have too much self confidence/ self esteem to let your games get to me. :3

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Games aren't supposed to "get to someone".
They're supposed to be played for enjoyment.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yes, me being a **** is childish but what got you banned in the first place was all in good mannered fuuuuuun, and you're totally above all of us maturity wise.

Totally.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Mhmm, only for what you can see, yes, that is true. But, for what it really was, it was indeed maturity that wasn't about being better than all of you. Where are you even getting this from? Lol. I'm an awesome guy who doesn't have a god-complex, keep living under that impression. I don't think you care how oblivious you are about who I really am. ^^

@ Spelt: That's why there are Saw movies, and twisted ways to have fun right?

Thats being a hypocrite, because that is what trolls do. They play games just to see our reaction. ;)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
wasn't about being better than all of you. Where are you even getting this from?
See I get it from statements like

I'm an awesome guy
and I'm all "well that seems rather self centered but uh-"

who doesn't have a god-complex, keep living under that impression. I don't think you care how oblivious you are about who I really am. ^^
See the thing is, people without a god complex don't declare that they're an awesome person after pissing people off. BTW I'm an amazing guy, trust me ahahahahaaa-eeehhhh.

See the difference between you and me is I'm genuine, not trolling. You know why I say mean things? Because you make me think mean things.

Thats being a hypocrite, because that is what trolls do. They play games just to see our reaction. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXjfG1PQrSQ

Harvey Harvey Harvey Dent.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
You know. I full heartedly agree with what you said. I noticed that when I've spoken to some amazing philosophers I came across, they were, *******S. Egocentric fools who had knowledge but couldn't manifest it in anyway possible, except to make themselves seem better than me. I was at the level they were without the big words, and those interesting adverbs people use alot. I am limited in what I can do, but I am not limited when it comes to manifesting the very idea. I have emotions, I care about people and never do I wish to be higher than anyone. I believe people who are ''higher'' are just people who can't get their head out of their *****. It's an egotistical game now, nobody seems to be doing it for the good of mankind while I like to think that I am. I want to improve the well being, and understand more about the people, and this world we live in. It's my passion.
That's pretty righteous and I hope you turn your passion into action because what you describe seems to me like a rare quality found in very few people. I think one of the hardest things to do in life is keep control of ones ego, especially as you gain more knowledge about things.

Is this why you completely jumped down my throat last time (or as I thought)? You thought I was one of those ''philosophers''?
I don't really judge people like that, especially online. Sometimes there's the occasional poster who practically describes who they are with every post, but it's pretty rare. Even then, it could be a completely fake personality they are portraying, so you never really know. Even when you know a person I guess you never really know, but I think it definitely becomes easier to see who a person is when you remove the anonymity of the internet.

As for why I jumped down your throat last time...
I'm not even touching that one :cool:
But I will say this, I wish you the best in regards to your future posting, considering the ridiculous first impression you left most people on here with lol.

Who are grey, made out of stone, and don't know how to do anything for others but themselves. They've convinced themselves that being boring and dull is the way of life when I personally think they are hypocrites that are hiding from their own emotions, because they are too much of a coward to handle their emotions regardless of the interesting things they have to say. I disagree that it's pseudo-science though. I believe that dreams are deeper than just images presented by the brain reflecting off things, and that humans have patterns. The things these philosophers say are indeed intriguing and spark a lot of things that are true to this day. It's poetry in a very grey sense. ;)
Actually the phenomenon you're describing where people seem to think that being boring, dull, and emotionless is the way of life is something I often think about. I'm not really sure why it occurs but part of me can't help but feel that institutes of "higher learning" are partly responsible. And I haven't done too much research into the legitimacy of the science of dreams but at this point anything is possible because the inner workings of the human brain are still largely a mystery. Whether or not dreams have deeper meaning or origin is definitely an interesting topic of discussion...but definitely one for another time or thread.

As for bullying, teasing, ect...I don't think it's going to have any lasting effects on your mental state unless you hold onto insecurities that it created or reminded you of. I have been bullied in the past as I'm sure most people have, and yeah it bugged me at the time but looking back on it now I just laugh at myself for letting it get to me. Unless it gets violent and ends up in a person getting seriously hurt, bullying to me is not a big deal at all. I definitely don't condone it, but I don't think it's fair to assume that every bully enjoys hurting others.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hasn't anybody on this site ever bullied people before?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I think it's practically impossible to go through the 12 years of required schooling without both bullying somebody and being bullied in some way or another.

At least like, once, right?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
There will always be someone wanting to make a fool out of someone for their own expense because they don't have enough faith in themselves to acquire it legitly. IMO

@ Frotaz's main response:

It's amazing what passion can do, really. I will continue expanding my practices ;)

Yea, my first impression was a mix between some studies I was making and alot of misconceptions. :c I'm pretty curious what made you attack though, lol.

If you wish to carry a private discussion for dreams, and possibly other interestings concepts feel free to PM me :D

I enjoyed this discussion, even though it kind of.. Umm, went off-topic. :c

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think it's practically impossible to go through the 12 years of required schooling without both bullying somebody and being bullied in some way or another.

At least like, once, right?
I suppose it depends on your definition of bullying, but the above applies to most people I guess.

And AV, the few times I did participate in the sport of bullying, I only really did it because I thought it was hilarious and didn't like the victim.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Ahh, Teran, that sparks something I've been pondering about lately. How people are able to do attack somebody without thinking about it consciously. They just do it because it's that moment in time. You didn't like this person, so you felt like it was redeeming in some way. You felt pleasure from picking on something that threatened your comfort zone as little as it may be. If they made you dislike them, that's just like having a bugs in our house, but rather in a psychological sense.

It's intriguing to say the least.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I was totally thinking it consciously. I knew what I was participating in was hurtful (it wasn't necessarily words, it's a long story), but I did it anyway because I thought it was funny.

I mean, back then I was a lot more friendly and had more of a conscience, and ultimately I actually think that's what kinda motivated me to do stuff like that, the more typical human side.

I kinda dislike bullying nowadays tbh, and definitely wouldn't do it.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Really? That's interesting. So the conscious part of us isn't doing it. It's something else that makes it easy for us to commit such actions towards a person. You said you thought it was funny, and that is a form of pleasure. So maybe the idea of it being positive to you made it impossible for you realise how much damage you could've done to this child's psyche, because it granted you something out of it from something you didn't like in your life. We crush bugs. We hate it when people fart (It's an excellent example guys D: ). Humans grow spite for a moment of time when something stupid happens, but when it's a person.. I can see how easy it is to blind ourselves from what we are truly doing in reality, because a person is permanently there, while bugs, and other things we can easily ignore afterwards or exterminate aren't permanent.

Just throwing **** out there as you can see, but something is there.. I just don't have the words to describe it yet. :c

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Bullying had nothing to do with patching up emotional wounds. In fact, at the time I was actually doing stuff like that was the stage of my life when I was very happy.

When I did start to get some ZOMG SCARS, although I did become a lot more bitter and detached, I was actually far less cruel to people with intent. I mean, I never actively went out my way to hurt anybody's feelings, and that continues to this day, although I'm not really bitter and detached, well I dunno, some people think I am, but I think I can be nice.

Also the ZOMG SCARS weren't caused by being bullied they were caused by failed ****in' love. ;__;

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Mhmm, does what I said make any sense though?

Something you saw as negative was in your life. Which was the kid, like we see bugs, or smelling something horrible, or someone mocks something of ours. Maybe this kid reminded you of somebody subconsciously? I don't know. XD

Anyways, just like how people crush bugs, use air fresheners, and attack that person who dared mocked Dora the Explora, you attacked this kid.

C'mon, it makes some.. sense.. sort of.. XD ;) This explains why you weren't worst when your life was a turbid for awhile. You actually was far less (can't think of the word ffs) It's only because this kid was a negative element during that time.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There was this one super obnoxious guy in my high school that basically everyone hated and 90% of the people there made fun of him.

And most of the people I knew who were nice to him insulted him behind his back.

Personally if you dislike someone I think it's nicer just to voice your feelings up front instead of behind their backs. That just makes you look like a conniving two-faced douche compared to just a douche.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I agree with you Spelt.

I am hoping that post isn't just something you made up to describe me though. D:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
It's really hard to tell when you are being ok, or when you are spiteful towards me because of the impression I gave everybody.

I do agree with what you said though. ;)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
A lot of people that "bully" that don't have any insecurities about themselves, they just do it because they enjoy it and know they can **** with you.

Top Bottom