• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

See ya, gnw boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Smash Master
*no I'm not dropping gnw, just leaving these boards*

This thread will probably get locked soon, but, meh.

I'm leaving these boards permanently due to:

-Idiot troll theorycrafters from New Hampshire that don't know how to appreciate a good player. Mr Escalator constantly meatrides UTDzac, talking about how he is the only rep that gnw has. Meanwhile he ignores other players and their accomplishments. Then he fights me about how I'm not impressive to him (like I care what a nobody thinks), reporting my posts along the way of the flame war, resulting in me getting banned.

-Theorycrafters in general. These boards aren't very helpful. I receive PMs and IMs from people that want to discuss gnw and the matchups in practical discussion, not just theorycrafting like A2ZOMG (I don't think I've ever had a problem with you, but just no offense), and Mr. Escalator. The other boards are wayyy more helpful and alive.

-The gnw boards have caused me more trouble on this website than any other board on this site. This includes all of the infractions that I got from crybabies that don't know how to handle a simple situation.

These boards helped me grow as a player, only when I talked to the right people about the right stuff. However, the threads themselves are useless when it comes down to it, they don't exemplify high level play at all.

SHOUTOUTS

Pentasalia - I'm happy that you're finally improving and stuff =D, soon you'll be able to break into top 10 at these tourneys. You're a really great player and I'm really glad and proud that you're improving. Keep it up man, we'll still talk on AIM all of the time :).

VivatheSaturn (Mrs.SaturnandWatch)- Same as above, keep up the good work steven ;o, we should go to the mall again. Maybe next week because we have off of school.

UTD Zac UTD Zac - Thanks for all of the little bits of help on AIM that you've been giving me. Even though I'm leaving these boards, I'll still share my secrets and findings with you. See ya at Viridian ^_^.

Zekeishere, Kaak, Splice, Kewl - Even though I don't think we've ever talked much, see you guys, keep repping gnw in those other countries (and California)!

A2ZOMG - Hey. You seem to know a lot about gnw and frame data, but don't seem to show it in tourney results, you should go to more tourneys for more gnw rep. Also **** Mario XD, just main gnw and stuff. GL dude.

Valdens - Lol I doubt you'll see this since you don't really go on the boards much, but thanks for all of the help in the early days of brawl. Yay @ you going back to gnw. =D

Dave - Although your region isn't really that great, I can tell that you're pretty skilled, so keep up the good work. You should travel more :o

Hebrew Hammer - Haven't really said much to you either, but yeah good stuff in Vegas, especially taking that one set off of SK92. You should play more, and travel :D.

DMG - You always have the funniest **** to say XD, although you don't main gnw anymore, I consider you part of the boards since you pop in sometimes / are part of the back room. Hopefully I see you at Apex or VC or something =D.

NOJ - Stop getting banned all of the time lol. Although I haven't spoken to you ever, you seemed like a cool guy at SNES. Anyways, you should play this game more XD.

Mr. Escalator - You're pretty much just a huge baby that goes around reporting posts that you disagree with. You're pretty garbage at this game, live in one of the worst tourney scenes in the country, and still think you have the right to say that I'm not impressive. Well this is where you're wrong. You're wrong about my "biggest accomplishment being taking a single match off of Ally with a lucky 9".

I have better accomplishments than that, I just don't go to the gnw board, begging for praise, saying HEY GUYS PLEASE RESPECT ME, TODAY I BEAT ATOMSK AND SNAKEEE ETC. I don't need your respect. I realize that I'm the #2 gnw in the nation, whether you approve or not. I know my accomplishments, and others do, too (the people that matter). You're a nobody. You will remain a nobody. Yeah, you'll quote this post, with your little witty insults that don't mean anything to me, avoiding the actual point of the post... then you'll just report my post... but guess what? This is likely my last post in these forums. Because garbage players like you walk around with your chests stuck out thinking you're all that.

But guess what? You're on of those players that may get respect from 3-4 players on these boards, but if you were to ever go to a national, you're a complete nobody. You're one of the people I see at a national that make me think to myself "hm... hey, I wanna moneymatch that kid". Mean? Yes. But it's the truth. You can't appreciate a good player when you see one, the only thing you know how to do is meatride Zac.

But I don't care. I ask myself, "why do I even try to get respect from these failures"? And the answer is: I don't know. And tbh I really couldn't care less anymore. So have fun on these boards, getting nowhere in the smashscene.

-----------------

So yeah, it's been fun. Sorry if I left your name out, it's either because you weren't worth mentioning or I just forgot you. :x, matter of minutes until Esc reports my post, but my next infraction gets lifted tomorrow so I'll be back to swf in no time. Hit me up on AIM if anyone would wanna contact me - vCannino93.

Farewell, gnw boards, I knew ye well.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
baka .___.
you and your shotwebs lol >_>
but thanks for the support

bye pgn:(...*IMs you*

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You put me as cyan but I totally play black now.

Anyway, sad to see you go. I'll never forget that vid you sent me of you 9-ing Ally in tourney <3

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'll keep this short as this isnt meant to be an argument carried on over from before, but I'll try and clear up just a few things with this (hopefully). First off, theorycraft is obviously the superior way of discussing matchups, despite the negative connotation you're giving it. While people such as A2ZOMG and I aren't high level players (neither of us are bad, however), this doesn't mean we don't see how options interact, who an exchange between two top players favors, the general things that you need to focus on avoiding, etc. Top players actually have experience in the high level matchups, but it's extremely common that those same top level players can't explain those experiences in practical form for others (Pierce7d is one of the exceptions). This is where theorycrafting comes up. While we aren't able to attend a tourney scene that would challenge us to improve like the pros had, we can come up with practical insight into matchups and stage play, quite easily. Basically, you shouldn't talk down about "theorycrafting", as it's easily more helpful to anybody reading than just saying "play the matchup scrub"; which is exactly what you did in response to my post about Ice Climbers.

Second, you brought the infractions down on yourself. No, really, you did. If you were more civil than I would of easily taken more time to actually address your points, and I doubt I would of reported you once if you showed some respect. However, you didn't, so I likewise didn't show respect towards you nor your accomplishments. Not only that, you were derailing that thread with offtopic conversation as well as blatant flaming. I am fine with quickly talking about something else for a few posts in a thread as long as you get back to the point, but this wasn't the case. Pretty much, you handled yourself poorly, and it's entirely your fault. As to me "reporting posts I disagree with" this is also untrue. The posts I reported were flames about how good my region and I am, despite that being total ad hominem (My region and I are actually pretty good, and do note I didn't compare our region's skill level, which you seem to think I did). I report hateful posts, not ones I disagree with bro.

Thirdly, and probably lastly, you aren't the second best. Going off of your tournament ranking thread in this section, even Kaak has the edge on you. I'm fairly positive NoJ is also much better than you. However, despite me saying over and over again you really aren't as good as you think (which is entirely true), you still are the best G&W on the EC, for whatever that is worth.

So that's my short post in response; it touches on some basic things you said against me without me going into wall-post-indepth-ness. I won't be carrying on much more of an argument as this is your self proclaimed last post.

Anyway, keep on repping G&W PGN. Though I think you are a very bad user (not player/person/etc, just a poor poster on a forum), you are still a good player and deserve respect in that capacity. Take care!

Oh, and I haven't reported this thread <3

Vinnie

Smash Master
Thirdly, and probably lastly, you aren't the second best. Going off of your tournament ranking thread in this section, even Kaak has the edge on you. I'm fairly positive NoJ is also much better than you. However, despite me saying over and over again you really aren't as good as you think (which is entirely true), you still are the best G&W on the EC, for whatever that is worth.
Well if you go by the #s next to our names, then sure. If you go by wins and losses, I'd say I'm the 2nd best. What exactly has NOJ done in the past 6 months that surpasses my performance? Nothing, really (unless I'm missing something). Kaak isn't in the US, I said #2 gnw in the nation. Even though IMO I do think I'm better since Europe has proven that it isn't up to par, but nonetheless he's still a really really great player. I've been stepping it up lately regardless, and it's really discouraging when I get ranked high in my region, and then somebody tells me that I'm not impressive and starts taking away credit from me.

Oh oops, I posted... <_<

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If you two start that up again, I'll lock this thread and throw out more infractions than I've given judgments. Please, just take it to PMs.

I think ranking players like "UTDZac 1st, PGN 2nd, Kaak 3rd" is stupid. It doesn't really matter. It's so hard to compare two players together unless one does an outstanding job out-placing top players (ie Anther, Fow).

Vinnie

Smash Master
Nah Zac this is different from before, now we're just discussing our differences instead of flaming eachother. Btw I'm still leaving lol, just wanted to discuss this last thing.

Oh and:

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I wasn't planning on it UTD Zac, no worries.
And to add on about ranking players, its also silly to assume Europe's metagame is less notable than the US'. Let it be known I didn't bring up ranking top players first, PGN made the claim that he was second best :p

Anyway, just don't pull a NoJ when you leave (if you leave), PGN. It's cool to not be an active part of the boards as long as you are still repping G&W, just don't start copying what Juntah does and make several spam threads. Otherwise, no issues.

edit: also I don't get your avatar either Zac :/

Vinnie

Smash Master
not a golfer207 5:10 pm
(5:10:47 PM): lmao
(5:10:48 PM): i love
(5:10:50 PM): how mr esca
(5:10:52 PM): STILL
(5:10:56 PM): avoids ur question
(5:11:01 PM): about what NoJ has done
(5:11:02 PM): lololol

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't want to derail the thread, so take the discussion about "Wtf could UTD Zac's avatar have anything to do with anything!?!?!?" to the Social Thread.

Hint: It has something to do with 9. Last time it was a cat... 9 lives... (ie 9 stocks per set).

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
To be completely fair, PGN, I didn't even really read your post, just a skim.

I'm not sure if NoJ is even alive, since not coming back to the G&W boards, but when he was around he was a pretty solid G&W main. That being said, I haven't been keeping track of other G&W's tournament record. All I know is that your record doesn't look that amazing on paper AND that it's only within one region. Also if NoJ still plays I suspect his record is good, but no solid evidence on that one.

PGN, get a video of you beating Snakeee, because Zac can't beat her lol. Teach him what he's doing wrong.

also nice last posts bro

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm not sure if NoJ is even alive, since not coming back to the G&W boards, but when he was around he was a pretty solid G&W main. That being said, I haven't been keeping track of other G&W's tournament record. All I know is that your record doesn't look that amazing on paper AND that it's only within one region. Also if NoJ still plays I suspect his record is good, but no solid evidence on that one.
Then you shouldn't say "NOJ is way better than you" when you know neither of our tourney records.

PGN, get a video of you beating Snakeee, because Zac can't beat her lol. Teach him what he's doing wrong.
Didn't save the replays. I don't really save replays.

Alright so now that that is cleared up... bye. ._.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I know your tourney record mostly though x)
Also, yeah I remember you not recording the replay. Next time you do play Snakeee, though, ask to record the matches before hand and then upload them.

bye

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Threads about members are not allowed sorry.

Feel free to PM people or post in the social thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom