• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

secondary opinions

smashgamer211

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering what would be a good secondary for Ike. I dont want any top tier chars though. Also don't tell me to find my best secondary. I am asking for your opinions.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I find a good secondary for Ike is a quick-hitter or one with a good range of projectiles. If you're not looking for top, then people like Fox(quick) or Pit(projectiles) would work.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Secondaries should be used to cover Ike's worst match-ups; in all honesty, it depends who you have the most trouble dealing with (yes, I know you said not to say that). G&W is generally pretty good against the majority of characters that Ike has trouble against (Falco, Pikachu, Olimar, etc.).

XACE-K

Smash Master
Secondaries should be used to cover Ike's worst match-ups; in all honesty, it depends who you have the most trouble dealing with (yes, I know you said not to say that). G&W is generally pretty good against the majority of characters that Ike has trouble against (Falco, Pikachu, Olimar, etc.).
I agree with this.

G&W is a good choice and so is Fox and Pit.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
To be honest, as Ike has no terrible match-ups (He's got bad ones, but not unwinnable ones) I don't especially suggest picking up another character for strategy purposes. Just get better and better with Ike, and use anyone else you like on the side.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Somebody who is fast and completes what Ike isn't, it might also help if they have a projectile but that's not always necessary.

For me, that's Lucario.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Well I chose Pit since he's quicker than Ike. The controllable arrows, the ability to reflect projectiles and flip characters around. Also I kinda dig his recovery as well, not to mention the AT's you can do with him that can possibly help in battle, though around half of them are just for show:laugh:

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Marth, MK, Sheik, and CF.
Aren't Marth and Mk considered top tier? Sheik I agree with, and all good with the Falcown Pawnch!

I'd have to say Wolf. What he lacks in aerials he makes up for in fast, lagless smashes, the exact opposite of Ike.

Tenki

Smash Hero
He's not going to be coming back anyway.

>_> there's no 'good secondary for a character', except for counterpicks to your character's weaknesses.

Top Bottom