• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary Characters

nightSN

Smash Ace
So after 300 matches in For Glory Mode with nothing but RosaLuma, I am actually finding it very difficult to adjust myself in finding a secondary character.

So I am curious of what secondary characters you RosaLuma mains have chosen and why?

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
My secondaries are currently Fox and DHD. But even then, I'm mostly focusing on just getting my Rosie&Luma up to snuff. If you want a secondary, just go for a character that's good and relatively easy to play like Shiek, Yoshi or Bowser.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
My three most played characters are Dedede, Samus, and Rosalina & Luma. I especially found Dedede easy to pick up, but he was my secondary in Brawl. Now that he doesn't have his chain-grab anymore he's much more one dimensional to play, as he's still pretty solid all-round. Samus was my main in Brawl, but she's probably less easy to pick up.

I love Rosalina & Luma their playstyle though. I'm looking to get good with her, but I'm loving the changes made to my Brawl mains too much. I guess I was one of the lucky players whose mains only got better... :drflip:

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ive no idea about how matchups will be played atm so its way to early for me to lock in secondarys, better practice with the "expert character" as much as possible instead, but of course i play other chars too to get a better grasp of the games engine.

Great_Shell

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-0705-3507
Robin and Little Mac are my secondaries. It's good to understand the character everyone is playing and Robin just feels good. Ike and 3D are my heavies, they are just fun to play.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I main Sonic and Mega Man besides our dear Rosalina. Duck Hunt Duo and Mario are also favourites. And Toon Link. And Kirby.

D

Deleted member 269706

I've been switching between Ike, Rosi, and Robin. The 3 totally different play styles is a little weird, but with the right amount of time with each, you start to subconsciously change your play style for each character. It's weird though cause I have to go from slow defensive mentality when using Ike to the faster, duo of Rosi and the Luma. Just find someone you like, get a little practice in, and it'll all get better.

(BTW, I love the OP's avi :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

nightSN

Smash Ace
I am just finding it hard to find a character to be comfortable with because after 300 games with RosaLuma, you just end up missing all the amazing stuff they can do :(

although i am leaning towards yoshi atm

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Jigglypuff feels really good to play when I want to switch. They feel kinda similar actually I don't know what it is. It just feels natural to switch between them.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I actually am a bit of a Diddy main, and gradually working my way to a Rosalina main, in which case Diddy would become my secondary. I've recently been searching for a tertiary, and Bowser Jr., Yoshi, and Duck Hunt all feel pretty good to me.

yamham63

Smash Rookie
NNID
YamHam
I've been using Shulk. Not sure if they really complement each other as far as matchups go, but I like how they both have so much depth to them.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I sub megs and ddd to my rosaluma. I feel they cover some of her unfavorable mus well. I pull out megs for sonics, ddd for lil mac. There are others im forgetting atm...She is pretty solid on most mus so subs aren't always needed lol..

Jesse Martinez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2337-3415-9810
I sub megs and ddd to my rosaluma. I feel they cover some of her unfavorable mus well. I pull out megs for sonics, ddd for lil mac. There are others im forgetting atm...She is pretty solid on most mus so subs aren't always needed lol..
Can you explain to me why D3 is an excellent matchup against Mac, I don't play him much so any insight would be good insight.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can you explain to me why D3 is an excellent matchup against Mac, I don't play him much so any insight would be good insight.
Really good range and power. Also, good enough aerial game for a heavyweight.

Mac is fast and powerful, but has crap aerial game and is lightweight. And since Dedede is so strong, a lot of his attacks probably go through Little Mac's super armour.

Also, Dedede has a powerful projectile.

Last edited:

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Really good range and power. Also, good enough aerial game for a heavyweight.

Mac is fast and powerful, but has crap aerial game and is lightweight. And since Dedede is so strong, a lot of his attacks probably go through Little Mac's super armour.

Also, Dedede has a powerful projectile.

also, nuetral B.

Against rosalina, from my experience, he can still get back on stage when knocked off a good amount of the time. WIth ddd, just wait for the side b from lil mac and swallow. You don't even need to swallow side, just drop off about a full hop distance down and out from the edge and spit, gg. Of course, if the lil mac recovers low for whatever reason, any of ddd's aerials will do the trick there..as well as a reversed swallow lol...i love this move.

My secondaries are Peach and Jigglypuff.

Peach is kind of lackluster in this game, but that's most likely because I was spoiled by Project M bringing her back to melee glory.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, so remember how I said Fox & DHD are my secondaries? Scratch that, ROB da gawd.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
According to my records

2nd: ness
3rd: palutena and toon link
4th: peach and bowser jr.

My 3rd and 4th were tied :/

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides our favorite celestial enchantress, I also have Mega Man, Link, Ike and Lucina/Robin. I also played as Little Mac on certain occasions.

Besides our favorite celestial enchantress, I also have Mega Man, Link, Ike and Lucina/Robin. I also played as Little Mac on certain occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom