• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries for PT mains

anax4aero

Smash Cadet
hey, I was wondering who you guys think are good characters to second for PT mains.
I've been giving a lot of thought to this, since ideally a secondary covers bad stages and match-ups, but since Pokemon Trainer technically has several weaknesses. Also, the fact PT is three characters in one kind of makes the decision more complex.
Thoughts?

T-block

B2B TST
There was a topic on this already =\

If you don't wanna go Metaknight, I think D3 and Marth make good choices. D3 covers Snake and Marth, but makes you Falco-weak, while Marth covers GW, Falco, and I guess Marth. GW is decent too...covers GW and Falco.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
GW isn't that good. You're probably going to be at a disadvantage to someone who uses G&W more than you and you still suck against Snake (which should be the main concern) and I think Marth (not sure). Marth also is meh against Snake. Helps against Diddy though if you have trouble against him and I think goes even with Wario.

ZSS makes a decent choice. Slight advantage against Snake, advantaged against G&W, even with Marth. Not good against Falco though. Does better than PT against MK.

D3 is likely the best choice though. Advantaged against Marth, Snake, and does better than PT against MK, Wario, and some others. Plus he has plenty of really great matchups. (Any character he can infinite, wolf, Ike, Link. Still bad against GW and Falco.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
JIGGLYPUFF.

Seriously, just use who you have fun with. If that happens to be MK, then more power to you.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
metaknight
I could second that seeing as it's so easy to say it. I go Toon Link as a second main though.

Really it's your choice, though realistically MK is the best choice seeing as he is a broken cheap ***.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Wario is a good choice, imo. He can air camp, so after playing Squirtle it will come relatively easy to you. Makes fighting MK easier, Takes care of Snake, Falco, Diddy, D3 (very stage dependent though), goes even with GaW. The only big problem is Marth, and that's a 60:40 iirc. But if you've had good practice in the matchup, Zard Vs Marth makes things easier. (Fair makes Marth cry offstage)

Top Bottom