• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

zankyou

Smash Lord
Hey Achilles, should we put our top tier requests for 20xx in here or in the 20xx thread? I was wondering if you could change how Jiggly's Sing worked, if it's possible and if you feel like it:
  • Can affect airborne opponents.
  • Can't mash out.
  • Sleep time decreases 3 times as fast while in the air than on the ground (so if sleeping opponent hits the ground from the air, the remaining sleep time decreases at normal speed).
  • Initially starts out at 1 second sleep time (grounded).
  • Scales to 4 seconds at 100% (which if both players are grounded, gives Jiggly a worst case 1 second frame advantage, roughly).
This is only if you were going to make changes to those characters anyway and wanted some suggestions. If not, then please ignore me completely.
From playing with action states I think that it would break the game since there isnt an aerial sleep state. Maybe not though. Probably the most balanced form would be simply giving her the ability to L cancel it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
^ is this really necessary? maybe if it works I think what's their is fine.

ripple level top tiers alone :peachmelee::sheikmelee::jigglypuffmelee::foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee:

there are others with slight buffs but leave them alone as well for now:drmario::falconmelee:
Doc is clearly not OK. But we have no idea what to do with him.

Falcon is now clearly worse than Yoshi in SDR and something needs to be done about that. I had a couple ideas but need someone to test how good they are.

Peach also needs a little movement buff but that's it.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Doc is clearly not OK. But we have no idea what to do with him.

Falcon is now clearly worse than Yoshi in SDR and something needs to be done about that. I had a couple ideas but need someone to test how good they are.

Peach also needs a little movement buff but that's it.
Well, since Mario's already well-balanced by being faster and more combo-heavy, you might as well make Doc more different from him by retaining his current level of speed but with a little more kill power.

Giving him the SJP from Smash 4 would really help with that.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
I will have to give the Smash 4 UpB more thought, but rest assured it's something I plan to test.

I don't suppose there's any way to read Smash 4 hitbox data?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hitbox data? Like uh, moveset properties/damage/angle? There's a dump I can refer you to if you'd like, and point out where Doc's is. The BKB/KB, KBG and all the info you'd need is present there if you wanted to make his up+B like Smash 4.

Sadly this would also remove the Up+B cancel that I practiced and worked on for so long lol.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hitbox data? Like uh, moveset properties/damage/angle? There's a dump I can refer you to if you'd like, and point out where Doc's is. The BKB/KB, KBG and all the info you'd need is present there if you wanted to make his up+B like Smash 4.

Sadly this would also remove the Up+B cancel that I practiced and worked on for so long lol.
1. Yes, I would very much appreciate that sort of data!
2. Don't worry, the Up+B cancel isn't going anywhere. Especially since 3.1 made some effort to make it more useful.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
ALRIGHT!

http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8

Look for "begin mariod" or something of that accord, and sift through. Eventually Super Jump Punch should show up. I believe this data should recount how it works, and I imagine you're familiar with the way the move functions.

To note however you may want to adjust some of these numbers as Smash 4 has a totally different damage standard than Melee.

Cheers! If you do incorporate this it will be a VERY strong OoS option, just a fair warning. I know those exist already but just felt like it would be worth noting.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
13 dmg
30 BKB
100 KBG

slightly weaker than ganon's f-tilt.

Quillion

Smash Hero
It shouldn't be an exact copy (because of Doc's weird "cancelling" of his SJP in Melee). Make it so that the first hit is the "cancellable" hit which chains into the second hit, then the second hit has KO knockback, with every hit afterwards being a sourspot.
Solved.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I need someone to playtest 3.2 and provide some feedback

who wants it?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
nevermind, Doc has an infinite. sleeping pills are OP.

also, making sleep element hit an aerial opponent teleports them on the ground into sleeping state. if they are off stage, nothing happens. no stun or teleporting

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Need people to test paralyze pills with Doc

and luigi's new horizontal momentum capture. I changed how much momentum is multiplied when he jumps off the ground. all characters have a variable that is 1 or lower. luigi's was .75, I changed it to 3. (this was more so for fun but I liked it too much)

(WD > Jump > WHOOSH)

Here

@achilles1515, I'm going to be gone this weekend again so can you test something out for me? can you make a momentum code to be applied to DK's Dash attack right before the hitbox comes out? I have a feeling I would redo most of the dash attacks in the game with new momentum values. if it actually works

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Reminder: Ripple's "3.2" is not an official SD Remix build. Use at your own risk, there is no guarantee that ANY features in his test build will be included in the final game, etc. You know, the typical spiel. Have fun with it, but I am not responsible.

Ripple, if you are insistent on making radical changes to Melee, I think you actually should sit down and learn ASM coding (it's also not fair for us to keep asking achilles for favors). It's clear that such knowledge would benefit you tremendously. You could finally make Melee- and have your own project! :)

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Im going to make a thread dedicated to learning asm in here but like I said I've been on vacation for the past week and I'm gone again for the next 3 days again with a swim meet. I just want to see if this momentum thing works.

And to top it all of most ideas I have are too over the top for SDR which has been my focus for the only 2 days I've been home. Melee minus won't be until much later

D

Deleted member

I'd be down to play test this game as well, although idk if theres like a specific application I have to follow or something...

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down to play test this game as well, although idk if theres like a specific application I have to follow or something...
It's more helpful and useful if you "play test" the currently released version (3.1) with your Smash community and provide feedback on that version (look at the original post). :)

D

Deleted member

Oh, I've got a few things to give feedback on after playing for quite some time with Hamyojo. Also yeah, I get that ripples "3.2" isn't actually an official build.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
go ahead and download the new Dr. mario that I posted a link to and test that. His pills put opponents into shield stun animation. that's what I care about right now. The luigi is obviously not going to stay in but it IS SUPER fun to play as him.

but any sort of balance issues you should talk to me about since I'm doing 3.2

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
but any sort of balance issues you should talk to me about since I'm doing 3.2
To remove any ambiguity from this post, he means report any "3.2" issues to him. All 3.1 issues should be posted on this thread or PM'd to me. Also, I will announce the official 3.2 build when I deem it fit to do so.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Doc's paralyzing pills are hilarious fun. Great against people who've burned their double jump because now you have a projectile that sets them into tumble and you can sort of force a tech or option lol. Having a projectile that puts people into tumble like that if they're in the air....lol. I think this makes pills way more threatening against anyone just cause they could theoretically be forced to tech on a platform or on the ground, or at the very least lose their immediate options until they escape tumble. It makes the idea of two pills out at the angle they bounce good for more than just damage and stage control.

I wouldn't mind these staying!

Last edited:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Doc's paralyzing pills are hilarious fun. Great against people who've burned their double jump because now you have a projectile that sets them into tumble and you can sort of force a tech or option lol. Having a projectile that puts people into tumble like that if they're in the air....lol. I think this makes pills way more threatening against anyone just cause they could theoretically be forced to tech on a platform or on the ground, or at the very least lose their immediate options until they escape tumble. It makes the idea of two pills out at the angle they bounce good for more than just damage and stage control.

I wouldn't mind these staying!
I like the concept as long as the pills can be swatted with an attack. Unfortunately I have not had time to test 3.2 and will not for a while.

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
Im going to make a thread dedicated to learning asm in here but like I said I've been on vacation for the past week and I'm gone again for the next 3 days again with a swim meet. I just want to see if this momentum thing works.

And to top it all of most ideas I have are too over the top for SDR which has been my focus for the only 2 days I've been home. Melee minus won't be until much later
It would be nice to have some ideas people for the Minus team btw :p

PM me.

Last edited:

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
IMO, the top tiers should not be changed.

I'm also a little leery about the Doc changes. The pills 'paralyzing' (not 100% sure what it does) have me worried. I want SDR to remain faithful to Melee, if that makes sense.

I hope I didn't come off too douchy there. Just a little worried. ><

Quillion

Smash Hero
@ Ripple Ripple : I think you shouldn't have named your personal mod SD Remix 3.2. It's way too confusing and it's disrespectful to the idea of SD Remix in the first place.

Anyway (since we're a bit derailed here), if you want to make Melee Minus a reality, how about you incorporate this:

The hack has a code to make everything L-cancellable. Also @achilles1515 has a code that auto-L-cancels everything as well as a code which makes L-canceling into its Smash 64 state (L-canceling removes ALL lag).

Maybe you should call it Melee Turbo.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lol, disrespectful?

I ****ing made the second version of SDR by myself.

or did you not know that I'm the one ACTUALLY making the the version for achilles to incorporate into 20XX?

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
lol, disrespectful?

I ****ing made the second version of SDR by myself.

or did you not know that I'm the one ACTUALLY making the the version for achilles to incorporate into 20XX?
Then what the hell does Vietgeek do, now? Is he pretty much reduced to complaining about how SDR needs to keep close to vMelee?

Sorry, but I agree with him. Making a "crazy" build of SDR is very confusing to the original idea.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
he doesn't do anything now (for 3.2) except for approve my changes. The whole point of me asking people to test Doc's pills was because my scene doesn't have a doc player to see if it was too good and it was to see if people were ok with the change. All the other changes I have made to SDR have been approved already. this is literally 1 change that seems "different" from the others even though Ganon has a brand new move.(which people loved btw)

The only reason I want to change Doc's pills are because he is not viable in vmelee nor even in SDR 3.1. his buffs from vmelee were minor in comparison to other characters. however, buffing his kill power or recovery wouldn't make up for his shortcomings.

as for "remaining faithful" to melee. it was never an explicit goal because we can't do anything drastic to change melee anyway

SD Remix is a Super Smash Bros. Melee hack, based off of the v1.0 version of the game, designed to better balance the game through only character buffs. SD Remix intends to improve to the weaker characters to viable levels by:
- Addressing their crippling weaknesses
- Providing them stronger offensive and defensive options in line with the stronger cast members
- Maintaining each character's archetype and niche.
Doc is not changed in any of these respects by having stun pills

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
@ Ripple Ripple : I think you shouldn't have named your personal mod SD Remix 3.2. It's way too confusing and it's disrespectful to the idea of SD Remix in the first place.

Anyway (since we're a bit derailed here), if you want to make Melee Minus a reality, how about you incorporate this:

The hack has a code to make everything L-cancellable. Also @achilles1515 has a code that auto-L-cancels everything as well as a code which makes L-canceling into its Smash 64 state (L-canceling removes ALL lag).

Maybe you should call it Melee Turbo.
yeah...

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Hi guys! I am sorry to interrupt your fight.

I wanted to ask about who hosts the blog for SD Remix and whether I could be of any help of making it look not-terrible.
I can also purchase a proper domain for the site, as I think SD Remix deserves a proper homepage :) I have no experience with blogspot, as I've only built sites with Wordpress and Weebly before. Given the permission to do so, I could build a site for SD Remix based on Wordpress from ground-up. Alternatively I could help with updating the blogspot site.

Lastly to Ripple, I am sorry I have not had time to test out 3.2, been extremely busy with my studies. I will likely have a chance to do so this weekend. Since I am utter garbage at Melee I probably should not playtest things at all, but merely focus helping on...eh with publicizing and giving this project the recognition it deserves.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys! I am sorry to interrupt your fight.

I wanted to ask about who hosts the blog for SD Remix and whether I could be of any help of making it look not-terrible.
I can also purchase a proper domain for the site, as I think SD Remix deserves a proper homepage :) I have no experience with blogspot, as I've only built sites with Wordpress and Weebly before. Given the permission to do so, I could build a site for SD Remix based on Wordpress from ground-up. Alternatively I could help with updating the blogspot site.
Hmm, I wouldn't exactly call it a fight? Although I think there is a real disagreement about what should be done for SDR right now.

I would like to remind everyone that Brawl+ died partly because of change fatigue. SDR is barely 'alive' now as it is, so tread carefully.

Hey Jouni,
I currently maintain the blog (for what it's worth). I'd be happy to work with you on blog design and content. I'm (clearly) no website designer, so do let me know what you'd like to have planned. :)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Hmm, I wouldn't exactly call it a fight? Although I think there is a real disagreement about what should be done for SDR right now.

I would like to remind everyone that Brawl+ died partly because of change fatigue. SDR is barely 'alive' now as it is, so tread carefully.

Hey Jouni,
I currently maintain the blog (for what it's worth). I'd be happy to work with you on blog design and content. I'm (clearly) no website designer, so do let me know what you'd like to have planned. :)
It was a joke. To be honest, we should really discuss what SD Remix is aiming to be. Is it supposed to be:

1.) Melee 2.0, intended to replace Melee in serious tournament play
2.) Melee- with fun being the main factor, possible tournament scene in the future

In my personal opinion, seeing how people react to SD Remix as being a "threat" to Melee, I would advocate gravitating towards the "Melee Minus" direction. In this stage, this mod should be for-fun-only and it should aim to differentiate from Melee as much as possible. This is to bypass the psychological denial people feel towards the project if it intends to be a "serious competitive game". I think it would also lower the curve for top tier mains of Melee to try this out seeing that the game is something completely else. Let's focus on making the game broken and fun, it could still be called "SD Remix", as that name is more popular than Melee Minus. Let's try to make a game that makes people LAUGH when they see all the broken stuff. Let's try to make it as FUNNY as possible (e.g. Randal the Cloud being replaced with a trollface etc.). The balance principle should the one of Brawl-: "break it until it is fixed". At this stage, I see this as the only way for this mod to survive in the long term. Perhaps my question is, should it be called:

a.) SD Remix?
b.) Melee Minus
c.) *another title*

The reason I would suggest to stick with "SD Remix" is that we would not have to start everything from the scratch, just alter the project goal and definition.

Sent you a pm :)

E:

When you think about it, this mod has mainly been directed towards the low-tiers mains of Melee. However, most of these people would rather try to flesh out their characters, however limited, in Melee because Melee is the most popular competitive Smash title (and this mod has no way to compete with that). Low-tier mains either switch to better characters eventually or stick with their original choice, accepting the undeveloped balance of the Melee cast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom