• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Scheduling the finals during the Super Bowl was a terrible idea.

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
Not trying to be a Melee fanboy, but Melee singles I think at least bring in the largest crowd. The super bowl begins at 5:30 and Top 8 Melee starts at 9. It shouldn't be that bad

Raoh

Smash Cadet
Super Bowl is 6:30 ET. We'll be midway through the 3rd quarter when the Melee finals start.

I am certainly one example of someone who would be watching then but won't because I have Super Bowl social functions to attend; doubt I'm the only one. Also if my team were in the game I couldn't imagine concentrating on playing Smash. Or in general cause I always have money riding on these things.

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I honestly didn't even know the Super Bowl was this weekend till now.

On the other hand I've been waiting for Apex since December and don't really follow football.

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
I honestly didn't even know the Super Bowl was this weekend till now.

On the other hand I've been waiting for Apex since December and don't really follow football.
I know how you feel. I live in WA, just outside of Seattle and I'm literally one of the only people I know that isn't going crazy about the Seahawks right now. I really don't care about football, but I'm taking Sunday off of work to watch Apex.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Wait, the SuperBowl happens this Sunday? lol I think that people who even know what competitive Smash is are more interested in Apex than the SuperBowl

Top Bottom