• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Smash — Official Compendium

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Still don't see why...
being an ice climbers player you wouldnt understand the level of skill required to play melee.

Brawl sucks but im too ******** to play anything else.

plus wario is sexxxxxxy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmkLtu4CrzU
Wow, except IC's are one of the hardest characters to play... ~.~ Also I used to be really good at Melee, I'd like to learn again but my Melee disc is screwed up. So no dice there.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well...yeah. But if you wouldn't get grabbed, that wouldn't really be an issue.

Play Snake like Adam.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
lol i hate when people are so naive as to say, "dont get grabbed" in a game where you trip twice, maybe three times per stock. In brawl everything is circumstantial nothing is guaranteed, except when you grab me peyton, god **** i bet you could grab me again.

saying dont get grabbed is so stupid.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
lol i hate when people are so naive as to say, "dont get grabbed" in a game where you trip twice, maybe three times per stock. In brawl everything is circumstantial nothing is guaranteed, except when you grab me peyton, god **** i bet you could grab me again.

saying dont get grabbed is so stupid.
Lol <3 Snap.

I'll try my best O:

"lol dont get grabbed bro"

"I ****ING TRIPPED...AGAIN!"

"whoops, gotcha."

STOCK.

rinse repeat

GAME.
FFFFFFFF Don't trip T.T

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
So you like playing games that take no actual technical skill to be good at? And that are super Nintendoy (****** friendly) so you don't really have to think when you're getting hit around! Cool!
Haha...no. It means that you actually have a chance to get out of something before you get hit the next time, or you can counter it with another attack. It takes more thinking and analyzing then getting combo'd to oblivion

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Haha...no. It means that you actually have a chance to get out of something before you get hit the next time, or you can counter it with another attack. It takes more thinking and analyzing then getting combo'd to oblivion
Protip: There's this thing, called DI.

In Melee, it saves you from getting "combo'd to oblivion"

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Protip: There's this thing, called DI.

In Melee, it saves you from getting "combo'd to oblivion"
You can DI in Brawl too, on top of being able to counter attack. Also DI is just as readable that it won't save you much as easily.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
No, that just means it's Nintendoy. It's called mixing your DI up, but you don't know about that since you play Brawl where getting out of combos is handed to you on a silver platter.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
You can DI in Brawl too, on top of being able to counter attack. Also DI is just as readable that it won't save you much as easily.
Umm... no.

Take D3's chaingrab vs... Marth's CG on Fox.

D3 can chaingrab MOST characters across FD with little hope for the other person to escape. Diddy can pre-emptively drop a banana, IC's are free from it, and the light characters fall.
Some characters can even be CG'ed infinitely.

in Melee, Marth can CG Fox to ~40% using Uthrow. Beyond that, he needs to start Utilting to regrab, then eventually, Fair to whatever to combo out of the throw. Beyond that, Marth needs to react within the first 40 or so frames of the throw to see specifically how Fox DI'd the throw to either DD regrab, or adjust his position to regrab accordingly.

One of these is vastly more difficult.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Umm... no.

Take D3's chaingrab vs... Marth's CG on Fox.

D3 can chaingrab MOST characters across FD with little hope for the other person to escape. Diddy can pre-emptively drop a banana, IC's are free from it, and the light characters fall.
Some characters can even be CG'ed infinitely.

in Melee, Marth can CG Fox to ~40% using Uthrow. Beyond that, he needs to start Utilting to regrab, then eventually, Fair to whatever to combo out of the throw. Beyond that, Marth needs to react within the first 40 or so frames of the throw to see specifically how Fox DI'd the throw to either DD regrab, or adjust his position to regrab accordingly.

One of these is vastly more difficult.
I wasn't talking about CG's. But even so you have to do that in brawl too, for instance if D3 cg's them to the end of the stage, he has to follow up with something else which takes reading your opponent and their DI also.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about CG's. But even so you have to do that in brawl too, for instance if D3 cg's them to the end of the stage, he has to follow up with something else which takes reading your opponent and their DI also.
So the... oh... 8 or so FREE grabs he gets before he even has to think about his options are just fluff right?

As are the X amount of grabs he gets on anyone at ANY percent midstage before he gets to the edge.

Even reading DI is simple in brawl. Since in most situations you don't have to worry about the enemy escaping hitstun, it just becomes a matter of "if I attack, will he airdodge it?" then changing your plan accordingly.

Payton, I can come to terms with the fact that you like Brawl more than Melee. Hell, I'd die defending your right to an opinion.

But if you can honestly look me in the eye (hyperbole) and tell me that Brawl is ANYWHERE NEAR as complex as Melee, then you sir are a fool.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm not arguing with him, Stingers.

Kack knows I love him. I'm his loudest supporter.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah, Brandon and I are cool no matter what (almost :p) I do agree Melee is alot more complex, it's just I don't like it when people seem to just put down brawl as if it's the most horrible thing they've ever done.

Rayku

Smash Lord
lol @ Ice Climbers taking skill to play in Brawl

I suppose if you consider mindless chaingrabbing a character's metagame "skill," I can sympathize.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
lol @ Ice Climbers taking skill to play in Brawl

I suppose if you consider mindless chaingrabbing a character's metagame "skill," I can sympathize.
I don't know if you can call it "mindless" really.

It takes a good amount of muscle memory to chaingrab with 100% accuracy.

Lareit

Smash Ace

And being able to successfully carry that to a tournament scenario where the person will be under a great deal of stress while doing it takes more skill.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

It's not 100% muscle memory because it's different timing for every character. But mostly it is.

And being able to successfully carry that to a tournament scenario where the person will be under a great deal of stress while doing it takes more skill.
^this.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
the kindest bear (11:05:25 PM): i want to play brawl
the kindest bear (11:05:35 PM): a game that requires no time
the kindest bear (11:05:44 PM): and gear
xNOxCLASSx (11:06:13 PM): why? so you can get three stocked by this mother ****ing soniccc?
the kindest bear (11:06:31 PM): ok jman that was several months ago
the kindest bear (11:06:39 PM): aka my first tournament
the kindest bear (11:06:47 PM): congrats though
xNOxCLASSx (11:07:15 PM): nah dawg,
xNOxCLASSx (11:07:21 PM): see my sonic is faster than time
xNOxCLASSx (11:07:28 PM): so no matter how long ago i beat you.
the kindest bear (11:07:36 PM): im still beating you
xNOxCLASSx (11:07:38 PM): its still me beating you later tonight
the kindest bear (11:07:41 PM): lol

the kindest bear (11:08:45 PM): jmans sonic is the only sonic i know that can play you one time and consistently beat you for 5 months

zCasanova

Smash Lord
the kindest bear (11:08:45 PM): jmans sonic is the only sonic i know that can play you one time and consistently beat you for 5 months
Been trying to stay out of the arguing, but that's the best **** I've heard on SWF in a while.

JMan isn't the only one in this thread with that mentality, though.

Top Bottom