• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Save Bmore's Fundraiser

thumbswayup

Smash Master
My fellow MD/VAers, I assume by now most of you know the situation. The Bmore house that we all know and love is on the verge of coming to an end. It's the most welcoming place in MD/VA by far. Shaun, Matt, and Ron have always let everyone in their home, regardless of skill level or social status. Many great smashfests have been held there, and everyone always has the time of their lives. Their place has been trashed many times, lights have been broken, and around $1000 worth of things has been stolen from them over time. Despite all this, they've shown nothing but kindness and hospitality to each and every one of us.

Now, they are in need of help. They are low on cash for the month's rent and will be evicted if the amount they need is not aquired. It is now the time for us to aid them in their hour of need because, if not Bmore, who does deserve our help? I can't think of any other group of people who I'd rather help than them. It is a significant amount they need, but it is nothing impossible if we all work together to raise money for them. So please, anything you can give towards Bmore's would be greatly appreciated. You can give it to them personally or to me and Rei. I will write down the names of every person who contributes and their amount and keep track of it in here. I will hopefully attend the Woodbridge tourny this weekend and there Rei and I will be collecting anything you guys want to chip in, which will be given to Bmore's the very next time we see them.

Some of you may be thinking, if we help them now, what are they going to do about next month's rent? Although important, I don't think that question currently matters. It shouldn't stop us from helping our friends who deserve it more than anyone. It's only right for us to give what we can because no of you is so cruel to want them to be evicted. It's time for us to step up, and do something out of the kindness of OUR hearts for a change.

Pending:

Atomsk- $100
Rei- $100 minimum
Thumbs- $20 for now, more if they need it later
Forte- $10
Omni- $20
PS- $10
Boss- $10
Cronux- $20
Dawgbowl- $10
Skins- $10
Inui- $5

Good stuff guys, spread the word.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wow, if I had a job I'd help. I hope you guys do well, its good to have people who like to help others. :]

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I've already told Hat and turbo i'm giving 100 :3

However, JASON OBVIOUSLY should be offering what i am

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Seb, you should write the names down when money is received. Either way, BMore needs our help. I'm willing to pitch in $100 as a bare MINIMUM. For BMore, I honestly don't mind donating up to $500. If Seb and I make it to Woodbridge we're gonna try to get an area just to take donations for BMore. All contributions will be cherished and this is a time where w really need to stick together as a community. We need to alert Chillindude829 and Azen Zagenite. If they had spare money, I'm pretty sure they would pitch in as well. Please everyone, they need your help.

Go ahead and put Atomsk down for $100 since I know he's good for his money.
-Rei

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Hell, I'm not even that rich. I only get paid 8.85 an hour for working with at least 15+ kids almost every weekday, sometimes working for up to 10 and a half hours a day. I'm not rich, and I'm willing to donate a lot of what's in my checking account to support them.

edit: hopefully my sig will attract people to help.
-Rei

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
That's a large donation, Rei. I'd consider that more of a loan than a donation.

Put me down for $20.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
They'll owe me in boozePerhaps, but right now, I'm just really concerned for them. Though the words I told Matt were that I would willingly "support" them. I hope I won't have to dish out that much cash, but we don't know the figures yet, I'm definitely giving at least $100 though.
-Rei

Reioumu

Smash Lord
if i had a job i'd help way more, but you can put me down for 10
It's okay man. But yeah, we're gonna have a list of people. Or if you give it to them directly, that would probably work better. Though Seb and I are going to try to gather money for them. This is a great way of showing how tight a community can be held together.
-Rei

Reioumu

Smash Lord
From what I've read, we have at least $280 so far. A very nice start. When they get back to us, we'll have an estimate for our goal. Turbo said he will get right back to me about it.

After reading the bmore thread $290. Though we're still figuring out other information about what they're going to do. And I know there are more people who are willing to donate once we get more information.
-Rei

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
im sure the 'richer' people have spare money, hopefully they'll be unselfish
I only have like 600 Saved up XD

I'm more than willing to donate such a large amount due to how much i love everyone in Bmore

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I only have like 600 Saved up XD

I'm more than willing to donate such a large amount due to how much i love everyone in Bmore
I have about $800 of spending money and about 5k saved up strictly for college, which I vowed that I wouldn't touch until I was enrolled into a major university. I'm willing to put up 5/8 of my current checking account for BMore. I completely agree with Atomsk 100% here.
-Rei

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Going to donate 20 or so. Do you do paypal? I would hate to miss the opportunity to help Bmore out...

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I'll find out if anyone of them have a paypal account since it would probably be best to send that directly to them. Thanks Cronux.
-Rei

meepxzero

Smash Master
id donate something but dksmash still owes me 25$ lol =\. Al tell him not to pay me back that anymore, but al donate a good sum of my tourney wins if i win money.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
AIM between me and Turbo said:
m2g63
Our bill is like 1024
Or something
Well
Yeah

Reioumu
So we will hopefully be able to help a lot
As long as you guys can continue paying your bills lol

m2g63
We just got behind
Because of electricity...
So yeah, they just got behind this month on the electricity bill so we need to help them with that. Hopefully it won't get in such bad shape again. Maybe they should have an electricity fee! [/Chu] lol

Also, he's gonna work on getting a paypal account set up so people can donate online.
-Rei

Reioumu

Smash Lord
$5 is better than nothing, thanks Lucas.

Also bad news. I can't make it to woodbridge. Seb will be dealing with the money. If Turbo gets a paypal working, I can send money via paypal easily. But yeah, lets go people, we don't have long.
-Rei

g-regulate

Smash Hero
jesus f-ing christ why didnt we think of that?

$5 entry fee, 1st place gets $20, teams get $10 each, and all the rest goes to the house

Kenrawr

Smash Master
If people attend I could probably host something next Friday. A pre-C3 smashfest with a Bmore donation tourney.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I got the ok from Turbo to throw something at the Bmore house, a fest/tourny where the winnings go to the house. We have till the 25th, so which day would be best for everyone?

Top Bottom