• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAST, AZ Tourney May 19 2007 Top 4 Results and Attendance List posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Hanki and Butters are still in need of a ride from Phoenix to Tucson, Dark, you got any room for us or something? or anybody else? >_< I know this is like the 10th time I've asked but we really want to go ;)

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol man, isai... i wouldnt believe it if i didnt see it for myself.
Hanki, i could give u a ride if you meet me pretty close or even at my house. just noticed that the low tier is a RR, so im pretty sure we can catch everything in time. i get off work about 10-10:30am. and i get home about 11 or so. so it would help if u met me at my house. and in the mean time you could probably play some friendlies with my bro while u wait

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
lol man, isai... i wouldnt believe it if i didnt see it for myself.
Hanki, i could give u a ride if you meet me pretty close or even at my house. just noticed that the low tier is a RR, so im pretty sure we can catch everything in time. i get off work about 10-10:30am. and i get home about 11 or so. so it would help if u met me at my house. and in the mean time you could probably play some friendlies with my bro while u wait
Awesome, just need the directions to your house and we can mapquest it or whatever, we will make it in time for the low-tier stuff right? im looking forward to that ^_^

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there are enough T.V.s to go by if we are going to do a low-tier round robin. I have first hand experience on how long round robins can go (cough glendale weekly) and I feel that if we do low-tiers round robin, then it might drag out for too long. So I propose that we do low-tier doubles round robin, not only to cut the time in half but also because it appears that people want low-tier doubles more than singles. I dunno, just throwing it out there if you're interested.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, we had about 40 people at the RR in glendale weekly one time, and had pretty much every person playing too, only like 5-8 people not playing. and it started at 11am, until 7:30pm.
hanki, myself, light, butters, wobbles, dan, and a few others were there. lol it was the longest constent smash ive played, my hands were killing me

AXE 09

Smash Master
oh man, i was really looking forward to low-tier singles :(
!!!!!!!!!!!!!ALK;SDFJZX;LDFKJSAD ISAI!!???!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?
............snaps! lol

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Err yah, RR is only good if you have like a total of ten people (or less) or you only play one stock matches set at one minute time limits...>.>...

I'll also admit I was in the Glendale RR a while ago...it went from like 11 am to almost 8 pm...and we had people even leave early and not everyone finished there all there matches. If you do a RR AND something else...this would be a two day event. I suggest low tier doubles FTW.

And wtf, Isai might show up? :( What a time to be too poor to afford gas.

<3

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
the great Isai and others have spoken. Low-tier doubles is going to be taken into serious consideration. :-P

uh still looking for a place to hold this :( i'm so sorry this is turning out like T5. the place i had in mind can't do it. i'm checking places to see if Sunday is available. so if anyone could call around for Saturday OR Sunday that'd be great. i'd move it to next week cuase i'm sure that would work out for sure but i don't want to **** up forward's schedule.

The 26th would be good though cause that's after finals and Omar may be able to come...

edit/ Nvm, forward is already flying here on Thursday. Uh, I just wrote Bookman's a letter because they have a community room open from 2PM - 10PM. So we may have it. I will post info on if we get it ASAP. Only downfall, singles start at 2:30 sharp, no goofing off. Low-tier will be squeezed in the end if time allows it.

edit2/ LOW TIER DOUBLES IT IS

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, it doesn't look like I'm going to be attending this tourney.

I just got a new job and I will be working saturdays as well, although it is optional.

I could just not work this saturday without any problems, but I kind of want to for reasons (not just monetary either).

Hope this tourney goes well. Sounds like a lot of fun.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
B-Will!!!! noooo!!!!!! you're like my favorite Tucson smasher! robbie's an *** so he doesn't matter. its good to see you have a job though. where at? i hope you can still at least make it for a little while :(

edit/ no butters or hanki either? and i don't think trevyn and chuckie are coming. craps. well forward and taj and wobbles are still coming... right?

AXE 09

Smash Master
*gasp!* why in the world is everyone deciding not to come at the last minute??? NOOOOO i wanted to fight some awesome smashers!! ='( i really hope wobbles, taj, and forward still go... well, i'm still going for sure! the only way i wouldn't go is if i died, or my ride dies lol. well, today's the day! good luck everybody! i really hope i see a lot of awesome smashers there

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Great. chaos theory told me that you guys shuold still be coming. would you be able to buy a few TV's from walmart or something and bring them down? i know i can bring two... but as you can tell we're pretty short on TV's. if B-will doesn't come that's one less. nogales sshould still be bringing one. but yeah, if you could buy 2-3 or more, that'd be fantastic. then return them after we're done with them haha. they don't have to be big :)

oh yeah everyone, if the venue allows food, i will be ordering pizza and buying sodas to sell during the tourney.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I'm going to be gone all day from now until the tournament, so people who planned on coming, if you decided you can not come, call or text me and let me know. (or if you ARE coming and have questions. i don't know about directions, just map quest it. this is in the opposite side of town then i live.) so anyways, my cell is 520 780 8859. and of course let me know who you are on smashboards so I'm not like 'who the hell is this?

CHUK

Smash Ace
It was fun getting my *** beaten, lots of chokes, lots of awe. Shout outs...

Tag - Fun playing you in friendlies before the real stuff started.
Mr. J - I don't know why but I found our set funny, maybe cuz I did some of the stupidest **** ever, maybe cuz I rolled into your turnip from hell, I just found it funny.
Enix(?) - Rediculous Fox that makes me want to prepare to play foxes and not get 4 stocked hard pushing me into a corner of wtf can I do rollroll roll..
Taj - Never played you but your Marth vs Wobbles Mewtwo was pretty intense....
ly cool.
Wobbles - Nice to see you almost 4 stock my friend with Link.

Corigames

Smash Hero
This was my first tournament (outside of school) and I placed 7th (tied 7th, so 6.5 actually :p)!!! I also got 5$ in money matches. GIVE ME A MEDAL!!!

I got more money than Taj and Wobbles combined... let's not talk about Forwards bad MM night...

RipVanWinkle

Smash Cadet
Once again, Nogales was stomped to the ground! :p WE wanted to thank everyone for having us. (Since my friends are too **** lazy to get a smashboards account). It was fun playing with everyone I was able to play. Everyone was just as friendly as the last time we came up there. And even though I lost I know I got alot better than last year. Thank you TUCSON! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom