• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the smash. I feel like I learned a lot and now have some things to work on to improve my game.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
and then you can stay over and we can go (house) shopping together the next day <3

=]

and i like how henry posted his response publicly
- i think mostly to make joe happy =] E>

PS. ERICK DID YOU SEE MY TUB OF COLDSTONES IN THE FREEZER? ITS STILL GOT THE STICKY SUPER DOUGHY FRESH FROM COLDSTONES CONSISTENCY. i ****in **** at transporting ice cream

joeplicate

Smash Master
omg

let me tell you my favorite topping on ice cream:
it's sand :colorful::colorful::colorful:

and yeah, i'm downskies :)
i might end up meeting up with my dad sometime on friday to get a phone/have him fill out those forms, that's the only other thing i might have going on

sounds tight though yesssss

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm (hopefully) going to the Ewan Dobson show on Friday in SF. Y'all are welcome to come with, gonna have a mini-party at my place in Novato afterwards if enough people come.

joeplicate

Smash Master
nah we're lookin this weekend

prospects are good though, i think

and you're welcome <3

lol i already have a blenderbottle B)

Crowing

Smash Cadet
If you go to the beach near my house, I would probably be down for some beach action. But it is also supposed to rain this weekend; the weather might be undesirable.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
I dont think well do it this weekend..(Sorry Dajuan)

As far as next weekend, i think henry's house would be a nice place to hold it if his housemates let him use the house.

Are brandon and SJ people really hoping to host the tourney on the 21st? because ideally im kinda hoping that they dont host one for a couple of weeks, and kinda forward the people that would go to theirs to our thing on the 21st

I'd be down to play tonight at my house... sorry for the pickiness - kinda busy, but down to play

joeplicate

Smash Master
aaron!

check out these matches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DxQjhDTjkg

this is kind of what i'm talking about with having a good punish game against spacies with marth
look at the way HBK follows falco around, keeping the space next to him at the perfect range to hit him with the tips of all his aerials and uptilts

also he shields super super well haha

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
sheridan suggested we call off the tourney. and im kinda agreeing with it. just so we dont get confusion among the greater smash community (lol)

how do you expect this beach thing to go tomorrow, erick?
i get home at 4. beach asap? when is everyone else who wants to go free?

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
k. i get out of class at 3:10. i guess im just gonna chill somewhere until then. who wants to hang out until we leave for beach? are we all meeting up then going? or meeting up there?

Walt

Smash Ace
I'm (hopefully) going to the Ewan Dobson show on Friday in SF. Y'all are welcome to come with, gonna have a mini-party at my place in Novato afterwards if enough people come.
Yeah delay pedals are awesome. Sheridan check out Big Sur Moon by Buckethead and The Echo Song by Paul Gilbert for basically the same song as that.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
@brandon - no were not hosting on the 21st. you guys are free to start publicizing for anytime !

i'm planning to head home. if you guys do go straight from campus, tell me so i can meet you there.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
What beach are you guys going too. I'll be at home pretty early today and might join you.

:phone:

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
i have no idea! im pretty exhausted right now, and am second guessing my ability to be rowdy at the beach. but if we're gonna go, lets meet up to decide where/how to get there. whats the closest beach from my apt? lol

Brian

Smash Journeyman
i have no idea! im pretty exhausted right now, and am second guessing my ability to be rowdy at the beach. but if we're gonna go, lets meet up to decide where/how to get there. whats the closest beach from my apt? lol
main beach
but dont go there
natural bridges is pretty cool i guess
i was always a seabright beach kid growing up because i lived in 'midtown' till i moved out of SC. its nice because its huge, and most weekdays its open enough you can have plenty of space.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
i love the cliff near seabright that lets you look over the main beach. like ur the king of everything.

i actually sat there like 30 minutes on the walk back from your house, henry

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
loldamn. santa cruz sucks at planning. and ill take blame for that too.

next event we do, lets make it big, and ill invest more into guaranteeing it happens

SO WHAT WE WANNA DO? i'm gone this thursday - sunday tho

Feetuscannon

Smash Rookie
Hey guys.
I go to ucsc and heard there was a melee tournament this weekend? Ive never been to one so i was thinking this would be my first. Im new to the forums/community but ive been playing melee for a long time.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
Yeah there WAS going to be a Santa Cruz tourney this weekend, but I (we) suck at planning and botched the opportunity (there really isnt another good day for a tourney until after the quarter ends.)

But we are still hoping to have big/weekly smashfests if youd like to join us for that. If you're down for that, you can either leave some kind of contact info here (aim/cellnumber/facebook) or you can check back again on this thread (bookmark the page!)

we usually have a get together at least once a week that is either at some lounge in Crown/Merrill apartments or in the C9/C10 apartments area.

were all mostly UCSC students as well and there are some really good people that go to this school...

all in all, were excited to play with you if you're excited to play =]

ps - out of curiosity how did you hear about a possible tourney happening this weekend? (also, i vaguely remember your name from SC's sc2 team or tourney)

((i like parentheses))

joeplicate

Smash Master
i love meeting new people who want to smash :)

feetuscannon you should come play/meet sometime this week if you're not too busy

Feetuscannon

Smash Rookie
I am always down to play melee :D. I heard about the tournament because i saw it in the san jose tournament thread. And ya i play starcraft a lot too.

I dont have an aim but i have a facebook and im on starcraft occasionally if youre ever on that. my name is Nathan Nichols-Roy

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Joe I dunno if you still are phoneless, but I am down to climb/gym tonight if you desire. AIM/post if you're DTF.

joeplicate

Smash Master
I am now a be-phoned man. Just went to the chiropractor today, so I'm gonna get back too late to do anything really. I'd love to climb tomorrow or Wednesday, though.

:phone:

pockyD

Smash Legend
was something in need of chiropracting or is it a routine thing?

i've oft thought about getting a 'standard' chiropracting but i'm skeptical of how much it helps

joeplicate

Smash Master
um well i hurt my shoulder awhile ago, and he basically massaged all the knots out of it and gave me an exercise to help pull the shoulder back into place

i'm making great progress :colorful:
that's the last time i'll have to go, actually
it helped me a lot :]

Top Bottom