• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
guys as a side note from the tournament, i propose that one of these days, we go to the beach!

if enough people are down, joe will not have to plan anything. and fly_amanita, BRIAN, ALAN I GUESS, and metal reflects slime are invited as well, seeing as how they are just a part of santa cruz smash as our group is.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
guys as a side note from the tournament, i propose that one of these days, we go to the beach!

if enough people are down, joe will not have to plan anything. and fly_amanita, BRIAN, ALAN I GUESS, and metal reflects slime are invited as well, seeing as how they are just a part of santa cruz smash as our group is.
I'VE BEEN WANTING TO GO TO THE BEACH SO BAD!

Im so glad you thought of me.

Send me a pic sometime.

Maybe we can chill.

Chat it up.

Take off our shirts.

Call me ^_~

eriK

Smash Rookie
Hey, if anyone wants to smash tonight, Captain Joe's got the secret information. Just PM him, and if you're cool enough, he'll tell you where it's at.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I have to listen to the stupid sea lions barking every night. Gets kinda lame.

joeplicate

Smash Master
Hey, if anyone wants to smash tonight, Captain Joe's got the secret information. Just PM him, and if you're cool enough, he'll tell you where it's at.
oh my god **** you erik

we were at the diner till like 11 since boback came down to talk with sheridan about genesis
got back, played some teams
idk, i got no phone BRO
anyone who wanted to play shoulda texted someone
it's on you ;)

alan stayed over though, so we're gonna play tomorrow too =)

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
i like how you took into account that people probably wont want to PM you, so you redirect the inquiries to captain joe, after he expressed his dislike towards our dependency on him giving us information regarding smashfests.

very little of what you do makes sense to me, and this incident does not change that statement, but i just like how you further alienate yourself from people who are neutral towards you. it saves a few people some trouble.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I wanted to play some smash tonight, but I am scheduled to kill interweb dragons instead. I will be around campus on Saturday if anyone wants to play then.

joeplicate

Smash Master
haha i think erik was definitely trying to get @ me, but whatever

don't take it personal, erik, nobody was trying to dodge you or anything, we just weren't smashing =3
(and taking it personal is like the quickest way to come off like a weeny) =\

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
We were at the dinner for hella long, there was no secret. Stop trippin boo boo.

Sorry I didnt smash today Joe, i got dragged around on a Dajuanderful adventure, and then went home and went to ****ing sleep.

(I did make sime skip all his classes though, mwuahahhahahahaha)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Joe, I'm super down for climbing tomorrow. I'm also down for smash afterwards. I'll be going to the flea market on Sunday if anyone wants me to look for a controller or whatever.

joeplicate

Smash Master
is anybody down to play tonight?

henry, colin, dajuan??
we could get some teams action (sheridan agrees with this plan)

truman's leaving for SF around like 8, but i'm down for whatever

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I might be down to play. I'm freakin beat from playing racquetball today. Any solid details right now? (cause the last bus by my house leaves at 7 I am pretty sure)

eriK

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I just thought something was up for sure when I saw your facebook post to truman (something like "meet up with us") and misinterpreted it as that you guys were playing somewhere and then it turned out you were at the diner. Yeah, it was kinda offensive, I can't hide that. I wouldn't assume you guys would randomly invite me to the diner, either, so that's how I ended up thinking what I did.

Shroomed

Smash Master
So I woke up at 7am for community service, stayed till 11. Went to the park played some sick tackle football, then some pickup basketball, went to costco, got back home at 6pm and passed out until now.

Sup guys =)

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
yo erik

just relax and have a little faith in people =]
not all of us are haters, some people still got a little heart
(what do you want out of smash:the game and smash: the community?)

that being said, Erick, you totally ****ed up Colin along with erik. he ended up walking over to dajuans place and feeling played as well.

Ahh well. Got a midterm wednesday, ill follow up on tournament stuff after that

@joe - youre a big n00bie (despite all that bravado) but you got heart <3. You should just relax a little too

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
that being said, Erick, you totally ****ed up Colin along with erik. he ended up walking over to dajuans place and feeling played as well.
oh my bad. i actually did think that you guys were playing at dajuans place. the original plan was to come down to our place to smash, but someone suggested playing at dajuans instead, and thats when i said they were playing at dajuans. my bad guys

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahaha i'm a n00bie? at smoking? definitely

at other things? IDK MAN
and personally i hate the advice "just relax" lol

and for next time:
when someone says "we're playing at dajuan's apartment"
you should check with dajuan first!!! lol

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So did we ever come to an agreement about the tourney date? If we want to change it to the 14th, it would have to be set very very soon. SJ isn't having one on the 14th anymore, but they could have one on the 21st (I think), or the 28th. I'm not sure how much Fanime would cut into attendance, though I think it would affect an SC tourney more than an SJ tourney.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
with smoking, but not just =]

why do you hate that kind of advice?

if its because it seems 'generic'
i can be more specific than 'relax a little'....i did consider that, but i didnt think being more specific for either case would have been more beneficial

im 90% sure that we were running with the 21st date by default for the tourney

fallback plan - Smash tourney at henry's house?!?!?!?

Shroomed

Smash Master
Everyone's geared for a tourney on the 14th now because of the SJ tournament. Although idk how willing everyone would be to come down another 20-30mins. Personally I'd love it on the 14th.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
henrys house 14th? I have absolutely no idea how he'll react to it, cuz i havent approached him with this idea

dajuan - are you saying that if we had it on the 14th a lot of people may be interested because ours would fill the gap of the SJ tourney?

joeplicate

Smash Master
well i don't rly like that advice because it seems super cliched (and bad, most of the time)

STONERPROs will just tell you to
"Hey mannnnn, just chilllllll brahhhhh"
and it's totally empty advice.... it seems counterintuitive to me because, although worrying about your problems can be counterproductive, you need to face them eventually, and the attitude of "take a chill pill ma d00d" doesn't ever lead around to that

it could also be that i just enjoy being high-strung sometimes =p

either date for the tournament works for me

Shroomed

Smash Master
That's exactly what I'm saying truman. Then SJ could have theirs on the 21st as well if they so choose.

If you want to switch it though, it needs to be done within the next 1-2 days MAXIMUM.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
they aint pros ;]

i would never advocate not facing your problems. and i think relaxing has nothing to do with that.
if this is just semantics(which i believe so), then i guess its my fault for being vague
but this discussion is more interestingly had in person

If you want it on the 14th (which is perfectly fine) (but sheridan also wont be here)
we wont be able to reserve that room, so we should ask henry if we can use his house

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
im imagining about 20 people

i wonder if dajunas pushing it this saturday Just cuz he wants the extra 100 from singles

Shroomed

Smash Master
Somewhere around 20-30 assuming all of SC and Salinas goes.

LET'S DO IT THIS WEEKEND! (I'm also slightly broke Truman I won't lie)

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
we should convene the santa cruz powers that be tonight at my HENRYS HOUSE to definiteliliveliliylii finalize this.
we would plan out whichever option we decide on as well.
(and maybe play a little)

Henry's address is 411 sumner street.
I'm going to be there at ~5 i believe
call me if you wish to travel as a group

I'm trying to followup with doug on room reservation for the 21st

but i'm also hoping henry will respond if we can use his house this weekend

short answer.... we dont really know. will hopefully decide by tonight

joeplicate

Smash Master
holy crap tonight is a bad night for me to plan, i definitely have a midterm due tomorrow LOL

i'm cool with whatever though, so if you guys get a good handle on the situation then that's good
but if not you can aim me the details like tomorrow, or ask me whatever questions if you have any

Top Bottom