• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

HappySun

Smash Rookie
O **** mike got a smashboards account!! You hella ***** at CGC good ****.

You should draw a picture of a red falco for your profile pic XD.

you should try to convince arron

joeplicate

Smash Master
alright, i guess we're having the *official* big smashfest tomorrow night :)

so thursday nights like last year
i'll try to just read during the day LOL
and cut back on the late night santa cruz diner trips

so it's official as ****
tell yo friends
thursday smashfests
crown/merrill apartment room community lounge space
8 pm pacific standard time
uc santa cruz, 95064 CA the world the milky way

dajuan's gonna come, salinas, vince, nick again, henry again, and truman and erick (hopefully [u ****ers better come])

it'll be dope :)
seeya tomorrow

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
@ Truman: ^^
@ Jin: look at Mike's join date lolz

I can def be there tomorrow but I don't have my setup with me. I'll try to get it back here soon.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Hmm I might actually be able to make it to this. I don't know exactly where the area you're talking about is though since I've only been to Crown and Merrill a few times. If I do show though, I hope you guys don't mind a super scrubby player since I've dedicated most of my time to TvC recently :laugh:

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Go to the first page of the thread and check out the quoted part that has a map showing where we play. And don't worry about skill level, just means you can improve a lot!

joeplicate

Smash Master
alright, so i'm really excited for tonight haha

the only missing part of the equation is TVs:
sheridan has one (truman's), so whenever he drives up to campus
i have one, but i'd need a ride because it's really big

can anyone else help out with setups?
or bring an RF modulator... dajuan has a tv which needs one of those to play smash on

edit: so yeah, we pretty much need to wait for sheridan (does nobody have any TVs they can bring? :()
so expect it to start in like 45 minutes

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
lol sorry for missing the first regular smashfest thing. i still kinda wanna get a little better before i show up to these things. i do plan on starting to show up soon though. maybe next week. that tournament really did a number on me. hahaha

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Haha sorry that I didn't show up either. I was at crown at like 7 and didn't really want to wait around there for an hour or head back after going back to college 8. I wouldn't mind getting owned though, it's good experience. Maybe next time...

joeplicate

Smash Master
erick u scrub lol

i know how you feel, but don't get down on yourself. if you really want to improve, you have to face feeling bad sooner or later, so might as well be sooner! plus, that was like your first tournament ever, so don't even worry about it :)

everyone: there's no point in feeling like you're "not good" enough to come to these... basically the whole point is to improve, and players of all levels come anyways, from my roommate josh who doesn't even know how to do all of doc's moves consistently, to me who is pretty good, to dajuan who got 2nd at a regional just a few days ago =P

thanks everyone for coming
dajuan let's play tomorrow
homo <3

**** i gotta do a lot of reading =O

night everybody

frotaz37

Smash Lord
College 8 to Crown....and back again....and then back again?
Dude that's insane, no amount of Smash is worth that.

And Joe is 100% right. Actually he may be 120% right. The worse you are, the more you should seek out good players and play them as much as possible. Sometimes it is really frustrating playing people who are much better than you (you'll feel like you have no control of your character at times) and you may not feel like getting your butt kicked for hours is helping you get better, but it definitely is!

I guarantee that when you go back home during winter break and play your friends, you'll destroy them in ways you couldn't have ever imagined.

So come play...

HappySun

Smash Rookie
Dang I forgot to check the boards for this. Probably would have came, maybe next time.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
ok so robert decided he wants to drive us there, but he couldn't do it last week. so this week im probly coming up by like 7, staying till like maybe 11.

and i didnt ****, i got ***** by hugs. i kept doing my aerials too high so he up b'd me before i got to shine. my shffls suck lately

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
Hey, everyone....

theres a chance for us to get club affiliation (to formally host tourneys and reserve meeting rooms), by hitching onto the making of the.... SC2 club

wat do you guys think of this idea?
i asked some of the sc2 people to stop by one of our smashfests to see how many people we have...

if we can net 30-40 people, then we can hold bigger events and (i believe) get more money from the campus for our activities

ideas? responses? people willing to take positions of responsibility in such a club?

joeplicate

Smash Master
that sounds rather legitimate!

i would love to be the vice-president of such a club
the perfect ratio between influence and responsibility :coolmonke

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
that sounds rather legitimate!

i would love to be the vice-president of such a club
the perfect ratio between influence and responsibility :coolmonke
makes me wonder what responsibilities you expect the VP to have... tho ill give you the benefit of the doubt =D

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
Helll to the no i don't want to be affiliated to the tainted 10 apm noob game

once the korean sc2 progaming team shuts down all foreigner hope all the foreigners will go back to bw, because pros like day9 will have a mindset 'might as well play the better game' they know bw is a better game, theye never denied it, but they play sc2 as a chance to shine since no koreans played it.
Bw cannot be denied

Crowing

Smash Cadet
wc3 is funner than starcraft confirm/deny?

Seriously, Ancient creeping than early harass with demon hunter/naga is way better than a ****in scv rush or whatever.

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahahaha, that's our MoFre

in other news, i just finished reading 'the awakening'
**** was hard......
cliffnotes sucks ****
i have a lot more reading to do and a little response to write by midnight tomorrow
hopefully the book can digest in my brain a little bit more before our class moves on too far ahead:dizzy:

Shroomed

Smash Master
i can't on thursday

gots a date...unless she sucks (no pun intended LOL) and i kick her out of my apartment then i'll go haha

Shroomed

Smash Master
if everything goes according to plan joe, later will involve her LOL

but i have ****ty luck with my plans so we'll see

Top Bottom