• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sandbag takes to the plate!

Betrayed

Smash Ace
A lot of the old records used the backwall... I hope we can still use the backwall in strats, hopefully breaking the shield isn't too hard.

2-player sounds fun. marth1 was going to do some two player HRC with AR before.

I'm glad HRC is back, it was one of my favorite modes...

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
A lot of the old records used the backwall... I hope we can still use the backwall in strats, hopefully breaking the shield isn't too hard.

2-player sounds fun. marth1 was going to do some two player HRC with AR before.

I'm glad HRC is back, it was one of my favorite modes...
Well, if a strat uses the back wall, the wall is really a blessing. If the hit breaks the shield, good. You don't have to change your strat. If it doesn't break the shield, it will come back sooner than if it had hit the backwall, giving you more time.

It's a win-win situation, unless the backwall is removed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Obviouly, bat drops will still be the driving force behind HRC, but I think that there may some new uber-maxed strategies with stuff like bat drops against the wall and stuff. I like it.
Bat drop -> Falcon's Knee; Repeat. :p

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I love the force field. My main problem with not getting a high score was always knocking it off on accident. I just wonder if I could Falcon punch the Bag into the force field and not have it break. The multiplayer thing is cool. I would usually have us take turns. Not any more.
Plus it's online.. so I can play with my friend who moved across the country. Very cool.

I swear one of these days the Sandbag is gonna snap. He's not gonna take it anymore. That would be the most unexpected thing if the Sandbag was the "Ancient Minister" of the Subspace Army.. TWIST!

No one would see that coming.. heh.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
Haha, poor sandbag.. this is another awesome update, and now Im looking forward to the return of Break the Targets and Board the Platforms!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
home run contest was one of my favorite modes, cause it's required to hit an innocent thing as far as you possibly can. i can't wait to play with a buddy, whether in my house or in Wi-Fi

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
2player co-op on Wi-Fi is going to be a sunuvabich. Do you know how many jerk-offs are going to play that mode all day, just grab the bat and homerun MrSandbag to ruin other people's experience?

I think I'm going to keep the co-op mode between me and my legit buddies.

And I wonder, will Co-opHRC unlock the same stuff that SoloHRC will? And if Co-opHRC unlocks anything, does that go the same for Wi-Fi Co-opHRC?

EDIT:
On a personal note:

@Salaad:
Please take down your sig. It's depressing me. Lolz. (The release date is Feb10 now. :urg: )

@colbusman:
Mind if I add you to my Wii address book after classes today? You're definitely one of the people here that I'm dying to challenge in Brawl when it releases.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
Co-op Sandbag havoc! My friends and I are going to WRECK this poor little guy.

That shield is pretty cool, though, it makes for some easy combos.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I think the most interesting part of this update is that it suggests there could be an immediate subdivision of modes right after clicking "With Friends" on the Wi-Fi menu. That increases the chances of getting multiple modes under "With Anyone" (like at least Time vs. Stock or Duel vs. Free for All).

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
2player co-op on Wi-Fi is going to be a sunuvabich. Do you know how many jerk-offs are going to play that mode all day, just grab the bat and homerun MrSandbag to ruin other people's experience?
I doubt you'll even be able to play it with people other than through friend codes - "This option can be found under With Friends" - so I don't think that'll really be a problem.

This new and improved HRC looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to trying it out with my friends :)

maxpower1227

Smash Lord

Sakurai said:
This option can be found under With Friends. And it supports both the two-player cooperative and two-player alternating modes.
Not gonna be a problem ^ (Edit: beaten)

I like the shield. It seemed that with a lot of characters, getting a good score required stuff like bat drops and other tricks, since most normal attacks would simply knock the bag off. Now you can really use a character's full arsenal.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking an ice climbers infinite grab (not that it matters if it's ifinite or not) while bowser short hops whirling fortresses into the sandbag.

... I wonder if two warlock punches at the same tie will send it flying farther than just one?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I wonder if Ganondorf will even HAVE a warlock punch, seeing as how he'll likely be completely redesigned.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Makes me wonder about voice chat, which would really help the cooperative aspect of the game. They can't expect two people to operate properly without any real form of communication, can they?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
^ !!!

I wondered about that as well. How are you going to even coordinate what mode to play? There has to be something in place.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I know i know

THIS WILL BE MY FIRST CHANCE TO USE MY COMBOS ABILITY WITH MY CHARACTERS TO A FULL EXTENT... WITH A FRIEND

OH HELL YEAHH!!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
As I said in last night's thread:

Look, everyone! Yet another screenshot where Lucas is using that stupid overused hexagon effect! AGOQVGPAGOQVUG.

Holy crap does he look boring.

Homerun Contests are fun, though. Some of the features they added are pretty nice, though... that shield makes it retardedly easy. -_-; Hopefully it takes like no force at all to break through so you still have to be careful.
I do not like Lucas. :)

The true villian of the Subspace Army has been revealed: THE SANDBAG
I think Sandbag (and Master Hand? Sure, why not) should be an AT. He could plop out onto the stage and then just sit there waiting to be pummeled. You could throw him around into other players and stuff.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
the shield well help me SO MUCH so this update is cool. not the best, but not bad.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
That looks like it's going to be fun. It's great that we can compete against others to set records and stuff.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sandbag's put on some weight.

Bring back Board the Platforms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rash

Smash Ace
A few changes and suddenly this mode is leaps and bounds above Melee's one. It's great to see that they're fleshing out these modes, especially online. I hope we see some more functionality with target test as well.

As far as Stadium in general is concerned, I think Board the Platforms has a good chance to return on the basis that Sakurai has already implemented features from past Smash games in Brawl, i.e. character entrances.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's not the most exciting thing in the world, but I do like the fact that it is now multi player. I'm hoping they do this to some of the other single player modes as well. I would love to compete for the targets!

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
Its an alright update but I'm i it for the replayability factor and at the moment there isnt a mode that covers this except maybe subspace story mode. I would laugh if the final boss was sandbag and then you hit it a few times and then something huge bursts out

sandbag: REVENGE
player: (gulp)

cccck

Smash Journeyman
any one other then me think this update means much more then it says?

"This option can be found under With Friends. And it supports both the two-player cooperative and two-player alternating modes"

how many options are under "with friends?" or "with anyone"?

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
to be honest, this is more like a 'meh' upddate...
they start with verry exciting updates like 'this world' and then move on to the good ones
When they run out of those, they update with fleshed out and known modes, charcters ect AND with that, we have the boring ones, too...
They ended up with the more boring ones now...:)

Revak

Smash Apprentice
I've been preparing myself for updates we already know about due to all the new footage but he keeps throwing out new stuff. Its torture.

Top Bottom