• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
San Antonio players that are on the Austin PR Panel (Espy, Kprime, and Nike), we're trying to make another PR for Austin now and this **** is HARD.
If you have anything to say, it'd be appreciated.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Kay. I'm not coming to your Bar Mitzvah then.

If you don't have anything to say about us, don't feel bad. We're a ninja village, so it's hard to notice when we do stuff at tournaments.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Also, what day are SA players leaving for apex?

I'm tryna see if I can fly from SA cause tickets from there are the cheapest I've found so far.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
San Antonio players that are on the Austin PR Panel (Espy, Kprime, and Nike), we're trying to make another PR for Austin now and this **** is HARD.
If you have anything to say, it'd be appreciated.
If you want to make a pr panel like sa follow these directions first create a panel, then the panel should create a strict guideline/ruleset which will determine how players are placed on the pr. Wait a few tournaments. Then the panel should meet to discuss pr placings, remember to be as bias as possible, take in to account your likes and dislikes of each player aswell as you likes and dislikes of of their character/s. Also whoever has the op decides the pr theme. Hope this helps good luck.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can I get a quick list of confirmed players for Apex from SA? I'm trying to make a hype video for Texas, but I don't wanna try to hype someone that isn't going. I'm failing miserably ATM and I'm not even done with the Houston part.

Also can anyone link me to something pretty cool for Espy, Kprime and Megafox. I want more or less uniform quality so no MLG Dallas (had to cry myself to sleep after making this decision yesterday).

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thats all? really?

I might just have to lump you all into "not houston", I think he had like 12 people or something, so i gotta find out how many from Dallas and those are the only 3 places in texas i've ever heard of so bye.

Tesh

Smash Hero
So no megafox? I thought he won a stipend on the playoffs on AiB or something.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'll definitely put you in the San Antonio then (if i can fit you in the video). I don't wanna find a way to add in "zomg players attending from 'Location: Corpus Christi, Texas' then list 1 person and move on"

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
nonononon

you can't ditch on RGV after all the things I've done for you, Zano.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^that one is actually pretty good, it has everything you would want from ZSS

pivot garbz
stunny thing
flipkick spike

dead

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If you want to make a pr panel like sa follow these directions first create a panel, then the panel should create a strict guideline/ruleset which will determine how players are placed on the pr. Wait a few tournaments. Then the panel should meet to discuss pr placings, remember to be as bias as possible, take in to account your likes and dislikes of each player as well as you likes and dislikes of of their character/s. Also whoever has the op decides the pr theme. Hope this helps good luck.
So much salt in this post it could kill everything in a fairly large freshwater lake.

I'm trying to be unbiased, but it's really hard to actually rate other humans in terms of ability. There are some people that I think are genuinely better than others, but I can't say it because they don't have the results to prove it.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
If you want to make a pr panel like sa follow these directions first create a panel, then the panel should create a strict guideline/ruleset which will determine how players are placed on the pr. Wait a few tournaments. Then the panel should meet to discuss pr placings, remember to be as bias as possible, take in to account your likes and dislikes of each player aswell as you likes and dislikes of of their character/s. Also whoever has the op decides the pr theme. Hope this helps good luck.

I. ****ing. died. This is about 99% true, btw.

Also, hi evrabawdy. I totally forgot about SWF, lol.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
So much salt in this post it could kill everything in a fairly large freshwater lake.

I'm trying to be unbiased, but it's really hard to actually rate other humans in terms of ability. There are some people that I think are genuinely better than others, but I can't say it because they don't have the results to prove it.
See your already doing it wrong you shouldnt rate people based on your interpretation of skill because everyone has a different belief in what skill is. You should focus on pure results nothing else. But you really cant just do results because not everyone plays the same ppl and some times ppl just get bracket *****.

I think the best way to make a pr and the most unbias way would be to have several small tournaments with in your city with only austin players allowed. let the other players know that this tournament for this day will be for pr points (justlikelsc). Those point will be added up and you can rank your players (justlikelsc). I would take more work/time than a panel but its the only way to take the human bias out of the equation.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That's dumb. You'd only see how Austin players stack up against other Austin players, so it'd be incredibly inaccurate.

I mean, I can hold my own against Polt but he CONSISTENTLY places higher than EVERYONE else in Austin. If I was consistently beating him in the Austin tournaments, I'd be higher on the Austin PR using your model, but he would still be outplacing me EVERYWHERE ELSE.
It'd be unbiased, but it wouldn't be correct.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
That's dumb. You'd only see how Austin players stack up against other Austin players, so it'd be incredibly inaccurate.

I mean, I can hold my own against Polt but he CONSISTENTLY places higher than EVERYONE else in Austin. If I was consistently beating him in the Austin tournaments, I'd be higher on the Austin PR using your model, but he would still be outplacing me EVERYWHERE ELSE.
It'd be unbiasead, but it wouldn't be correct.
I thought a city pr was to rank your city's players against each other. You should just use the tx pr placings then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom