• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's full frontal standing dash bomber whatsamawhosit. (Gornel)

Gono

Smash Cadet
All your comments have been taken into consideration, so I have changed the thread title to represent everyones input. Have a nice day.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Please post a video. That's all I ask. Hell, make an animated .gif for all I care. Please?

I hate everyone and everything. My final post in this thread, good day to you sir.

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
This guy isn't lying.

When I was playing my brother, he was using Diddy Kong. He jumped in the air and pressed used his up b special and when he was in the cannon booster things or whatever you call it, he suddenly started floating up and then he used up B again... Or something like that... This Samus thing sounds very similar.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Gornel, why don't you put a video of exactly what you did . . . . It doesn't have to be the Gornel, just show us what you did to perform it. I think that would help.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
This guy isn't lying.

When I was playing my brother, he was using Diddy Kong. He jumped in the air and pressed used his up b special and when he was in the cannon booster things or whatever you call it, he suddenly started floating up and then he used up B again... Or something like that... This Samus thing sounds very similar.
This is what you're talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uair9THRI

The full frontal standing dash bomber whatsmawhosit is something completely different.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I think i have an idea, and i'll try it 2night,

when Diddy gets hit up he immediately uses Up B, so what if as soon as Samus gets hit up u drop a bomb and DI to its side?

sounds like a starting point at least, The physics i'm seeing in this is that the game is trying to give Samus an upward boost but b/c of the bomb that sends samus to the right the game compensates the boost and we get our Air wave or w/e ur calling it.

Thats my take on the physics

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Perfect shield + DI (as in opponent perfect shields a strong attack from player and player DIs away causing a "full frontal standing dash bomber whatsamawhosit"?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I lol everytime I see this thread. Thanks for the laughs Gornel.

xilez

Smash Apprentice
Little do you guys know, Gornel is a dedicated samus player from melee....who decided to spread a rumor that SWD exists in brawl. Dont Lie GORNEL

Kenji_x

Smash Rookie
@Mikezor

I think that's what happened when I did it. Now that i think back, my friend used samus' bair on me and I perfect shielded it. He wasn't doing his aerials with the c-stick, so he was probably DIing backwards at the same time. I'm gonna test :)

yoonie

Smash Cadet
Well, on first glance, there seems to be good reason to think that a bomb jump is at least partly responsible for this phenomenon. Also a likely contributing factor is a general misunderstanding about how powerful DI can be in Brawl. I would recommend trying variations of bombjumping to see if you can get similar results, rather than trying to randomly recreate the phenomenon.

Regardless, Gornel, I'm genuinely intrigued as to what possible legitimate reason you could have for wanting to name this whatever-it-is "Gornel," Gornel. There is a relatively strict naming convention here, Gornel, and whimsical, flashy names that do nothing to describe what they refer to are highly frowned upon. Persistent examples like the "DLX Hit Cancel" or "Hyphen Smashing" are exceptions to the rule that, themselves, deserve "weeding out."

People see a term like "wavedashing," which was almost invariably tolerated in Melee, and extrapolate from there that tech names can be as unhelpful and "creative" as they like, but wavedashing was one of the few exceptions to the rule in Melee, and almost every other specific technique that wasn't a combo had a technical, descriptive name. That descriptive nomenclature is something we're trying to continue in Brawl, and the enormous amount of arrogant self-promoting players trying to attach their names to a technique has, at best, merely resulted in a few humorous instances of stubborn zealotry. For example, Brawl's single most hated feature, tripping (ink dropping); a narrow-minded, singular application of autofloating (Z-Walk); "techshifting," which had nothing to do with either teching or movement of any kind, and was merely auto-canceling an aerial; "sunwalking," a similarly poorly-named tech that did not involve walking OR the sun, which was nothing more than a sliding Ftilt; or Candy and Gonzo's ever-changing "new" and unnamed "technique" that was simply plain and obvious, varied applications of B-Reversals and Recoil Specials.

In short, Gornel, attempting to name new moves, particularly after yourself, is more destructive than anything, and even if the name is temporarily accepted by an apparent majority, (DLX Hit Cancel/ink drop), time will remove such superfluous names for more useful ones. I realize Gornel may not actually be your name, so you're spared the arrogance of trying to name it after yourself, but you still, I'm afraid, suffer for choosing such an arbitrary, unrelated, non-descriptive name.

In the future, don't be so headstrong. If you think you've found something new, simply present that information, and leave names out of it. The majority of "new" techniques are misinterpretations of already existing techniques or even simple game mechanics. Once the merit of a technique is proven, then we can discuss what to call it.
just relax man.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i saw the title started with "samus' full frontal" and I thought for sure someone drew up some smash bros hentai...i didn't know whether to be curious or afraid.

sathenzar

Smash Rookie
I hate it when people try and fight over what to call names of techniques, all it whatever the hell you want. I'm sure as hell not going to call a wave dash like move gornal...

Gono

Smash Cadet
Ok well after almost a week I have had zero progress, so I guess the case is closed for now. Hopefully we will see this on video in the near future, peace.

Gono

Smash Cadet
I've been trying for years now and I still can't reproduce it >.<

Last edited:
Top Bottom