• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus v Falco Matchup

AntoPark

Smash Lord
What falco did you get ***** by :p
I play with Zhu!
I think the only thing I'm not used to is the shield stun.
Because during my earlier samus days, I wanted to revolutionize the samus metagame by never using up-b...or shields.. =D

duals

Smash Journeyman
I play with Zhu!
Because during my earlier samus days, I wanted to revolutionize the samus metagame by never using up-b...or shields.. =D
or could be like mike nasty and not L cancel

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I play with Zhu!
That's ok, I barely use up-B either.

Dash

Smash Rookie
Before reading this thread I always thought Falco > Samus 60-40 like how can I beat a Falco that just laser camps and out spaces my up-b oos. After reading it I really thought about it and all the Falcos that I lose to are usually much better players than me to begin with.

Geist

Smash Master
Ha yeah that's usually how it works. I lose against good spacies to a much lesser degree than I do to good Marth/Sheik players.
And welcome to Smashboards. :D

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I only really refer to HugS vs Zhu/Mang0 for Samus/Falco matches.

It seems even. I want to say Samus gimps falco hard, but the sheer amount of pain a Falco can do if played properly is just too good, as well as lazers.

They can both wreck the other one if someones on fire though. As seen in HugS vs. Zhu matches

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Samus has mediocre power, so almost every time we bring up the concept of KOing in Samus matchup 9 times out of 10 it will deal with gimping. Which is what makes the Samus v. Spacies matchup tolerable. (plus CCing/UP+B)

Falco vs Samus is highly stage dependent, but generally speaking the less space there is for Falco to camp, the better. Because of Falco's horrid recovery, you basically have to bide time until you get into a position to edgeguard, which is hard to do on say, Final Destination.

The matchup is 50-50 if the Falco is generic and/or textbook, but I think the odds become more in Falco's favor if the Falco knows what tools to use and camps.

Mango's Falco playstyle is probably the best at fighting Samus. Nicely spaced Bairs, Samus has no answer to that, as nearly everything in Samus' arsenal get's out-prioritized by it and you acn intercept with Screw Attack if they space it well. Shine-Grabs, Samus can't do anything other than get hit by the Shine to avoid the grab. Nair-Shine-Nair shield pressure, insanely effective as well.

Let's not forget Laser camping.

duals

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys say that yoshi's story is a good pick against a falco?

Considering low ceiling and Up B to middle platform seems to help me a lot...

Geist

Smash Master
Would you guys say that yoshi's story is a good pick against a falco?

Considering low ceiling and Up B to middle platform seems to help me a lot...
How do you manage to KO Falco vertically with Samus? 0.0
I usually CP FoD or Battlefield.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
I think PS is a good cp against falcos.
It has a nice, high ceiling and it's pretty lofty in general.
Someone told me that the stage is too big for them.
(I do also like FoD though)

Geist

Smash Master
The only problem with PS I have, as much as I love it, is the lack of a central platform on the standard form of the stage. Without it avoiding lasers can get really difficult if the Falco feels like camping. That's just in my experience though, to be honest I'm garbage at avoiding lasers.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
a technical falco could probably laser on there really well

at least if i played falco, that's what i would aim for on there...laser laser somehow-drop-through-the-platform-really-fast laser laser

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
FoD is definitely a good choice against spacies. i also like picking YS against falcos (utilts while they're on platforms owns). battlefield isnt a bad pick either. I guess everything BUT FD due to gay laser spamming falcos

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
FoD is definitely a good choice against spacies. i also like picking YS against falcos (utilts while they're on platforms owns). battlefield isnt a bad pick either. I guess everything BUT FD due to gay laser spamming falcos
Yoshis and fountain are my main CPs on Falco too... and I always ban FD

Geist

Smash Master
FD isn't too bad if the Falco is really platform dependant.
but yeah I usually ban DL or FD, dependant on the Falco.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I'm a non-blaster Falco. How would the match-up be played against people like me? (I use samus as my 3rd.)

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I'm a non-blaster Falco. How would the match-up be played against people like me? (I use samus as my 3rd.)
If you arnt using lasers u may get eaten up by samus. If you hit her shield ull likely get upb out of shield. Plus no lasers means samus can camp you or approach how ever they want and it limits your options to doing things like shine grab or shield grab or always being in the air. One missed l cancel can get you dsmashed or fsmashed off the stage.

Pi

Smash Hero
Lasers are the only thing I find difficult about the falco matchup.

You cannot give samus free reign to move around, tbh I would put it 60;40 in samus favor, and that's assuming the falco knows the samus matchup & being generous.

rhan

Smash Hero
Samus v Falco [no/few laser(s)] / RAAAAAAPESAUCE! No contest! GG! Falco gets wrecked.

Samus v Falco [with lasers] / 55:45.

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
Samus v Falco [no/few laser(s)] / RAAAAAAPESAUCE! No contest! GG! Falco gets wrecked.

Samus v Falco [with lasers] / 55:45.
i agrea with rhan that could be 60:40 samus favour sometimes to plus the fox vs samus match up is 50:50........ so falco cant sky KO. samus can edge gaurd fox easy so falcos even more of a no problem there. samus can DI like hell and use his 5 minute recovery. up B out of shield ***** falco if he tries to dair and approach and more. samus can combo falco........ and falco can barely combo samus no shine combos above a pretty low percent. and u can plus **** falco with counters like brinstar and rainbow cruise. but overall im just gonna go 55:45 samus favour. cause falco could get dreamland... FD.... kongo ban 1 of the 3 most likely ban FD. FOD destroys laser spam falcos. Edge Luca da bes.

Geist

Smash Master
I was talkin about with lasers

But yea without them...that would be fun.
I know I was generally commenting on the present topic :p
laserless falcos are lol

Fastfallers are really the only characters Samus can combo, and sometimes 0-death at that (assuming you're packing a charge beam).

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
I beg to differ sir, I combo other characters all the time
just not **** combos.
agread.... samus can combo very well on all the top tier charachters. samus is a highly technical charachter but once u got it down ur all good inless u wanna play like hugs of course. doesnt samuses up B out prioritize falcos dair and down smash kinda hurting the edge gaurd. powershield timing, wave landing platforms to avoid laser dont forget samus has amazing wave dash. I think 2 equal skilled players samus vs falco the samus would win and assuming there both atleast semi pro. falcos worst match up.

Geist

Smash Master
agread.... samus can combo very well on all the top tier charachters.
She can combo them, but they're always very percentage dependant. After 80% it gets really hard to combo marth with anything over 2 hits, Peach's floatiness helps, but nair is gay and ***** you if you get greedy, and then there's jiggs lmao
Sheik isn't too bad, but you won't be doing too much **** combos. Mostly because you're the one getting comboed 80% of the time. But Dthrow -> Charge beam too good.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
She can combo them, but they're always very percentage dependant. After 80% it gets really hard to combo marth with anything over 2 hits, Peach's floatiness helps, but nair is gay and ***** you if you get greedy, and then there's jiggs lmao
Sheik isn't too bad, but you won't be doing too much **** combos. Mostly because you're the one getting comboed 80% of the time. But Dthrow -> Charge beam too good.
Can't that be said of almost any character?

Dash

Smash Rookie
I just played in a tournament today. I played three Falcos and felt like after I got the hit in I could really control the pace.

I also played with DEHF today, the dude is amazing.

Falco 60-40, 55-45

Geist

Smash Master
Can't that be said of almost any character?
haha yeah, but Samus stops comboing floaties relatively at a pretty low percent, and they can just jump out. Good thing she has mad chasing ability.
I just played in a tournament today. I played three Falcos and felt like after I got the hit in I could really control the pace.

I also played with DEHF today, the dude is amazing.

Falco 60-40, 55-45
Yeah DEHF is pretty good. Wasn't he playing Brawl for a while, or am I thinking of someone else?
Was it your first tourney?

Dash

Smash Rookie
It wasn't my first tournament. I'm from Hawaii so I don't get to play many top professionals but DEHF came down for a Brawl tournament and Ka-Master used to live in Hawaii.

Top Bottom