• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Transforms into Zamus via Final Smash. Confirmed. (Totally Sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
WOW.

Sakurai, you b*stard.

I can't discuss this right now. Everyone else, feel free to. I believe I'll just commit suicide.

~Dac

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I, too, am angered. I think its cool and all, but I hoped that ZSS was a selectable character. Although, if you can choose her with other methods (i.e. getting sheik first), then I think its kinda cool how it happens.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm boycotting the game garunteed now. Wavedashing or not, that's just completly stupid. I in no way trust sakurai anymore and I hope he dies.

Items = the only way to play a certain character. You heard it from smashbros.com first folks.

Thanks for ruining my **** week sakurai. Thank you.

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
It would be cool if Samus could disregard the 1-Final-Smash-Per-Fighter-Per-Game rule, in that she resummons her armour if you manage to snag the Final Smash again.

Maybe she has magnets in her Zero Suit.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I hope she's unlockable, otherwise she's unavailable in tournies. It seems like she's a sorta joke character anyways (ala pichu) as Sakurai says, let's see what she can do! and then she gets beat up...

Dacvak

Smash Ace
From the sounds of this, there will be no Zamus players EVER.

Seriously, is this for real? I main Samus, so this is devastating to me. This honestly makes me question everything in Brawl.

As for those of us who thought the first trailer was just a video to introduce Zamus? Wow. We were wrong as hell.

I just don't know what to think. How could you, Sakurai? How could you!?

~Dac

Caael

Smash Lord
Oh dear.... I find myself agreeing with Dylan, though I dont wish Sakurai dies. Please please have the holding down A rule at the start of a match. Besides, how else would they have all those shots with Zamus in them so quickly?

Chakra

Smash Cadet
I don't mind it that much, but I didn't expect Zero Suit Samus to be so hard to switch to. Everyone knew she was a part of Samus, but I would have thought something akin to a Sheik transformation, though for the record, I prefer this to that. I'm playing with no final smash though, I don't want to have to use a completely different character every time I use my ultimate weapon. :laugh:

I guess when it comes to Sakurai, you should expect the unexpected.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It's not THAT bad. Although we knew we had to use an item to play as Giga Bowser... despite him being temporary... and the fact he wasn't a (holds up a board with the classic "Newcomer" image on it) Newcomer.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
WHY!?

Think about it this way... Zamus is a newcomer... She's been showcased SO MUCH. This CAN'T be the only way to choose her... It just can't! But then again, it's quite obvious that it is.

What happens when Zamus dies, though, and you have more stock left? Do you come back as Samus or Zamus?

Sakurai... You are no longer a God.

~Dac

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Oh dear.... I find myself agreeing with Dylan, though I dont wish Sakurai dies.
Me either, Im just really upset so I figure people wont take this thread literally becaues im sure a lot of ppl are pissed.

Please please have the holding down A rule at the start of a match. Besides, how else would they have all those shots with Zamus in them so quickly?
*prays*

First fox is blatantly nerfed (check 15 sec movie, check fox's falling speed) and now this crap.

ZäP

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I did expect something like this so I'm not really suprised at all. Still Sakurai just "deleted" a character from "the pro players" but lets hope we'll have shortcut character chance ala sheik...
We dont' know it yet.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Zamus totally looked like a fully-developed character, too... How could he do this?

There's only one way that this can be good... Hear me out, here...

First off, if you can be Zamus from the getgo (either as a seperate character, or by holding in A).

Secondly, if Zamus dies (after transforming from Samus), she returns as Samus.

If these two conditions aren't met, there will be hell to pay. (Or at the very least, a lot of disappointed players.)

~Dac

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Best update yet.

I totally called this back when we first saw the game's original trailer. Giant blast = removed armor. Thus a... giant blast... removes the armor. Makes sense to me.

Fantastic way to add another element of strategy into the game for Samus players. I assume that sans-armor Samus will be about as useless as Popo sans Nana, but that's the price she pays for KOing all of the other players instantly, eh?

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe you guys are actually getting upset. It was obvious this was how you get her from the get-go, it's the same attack from the trailer. Zero suit Samus is probably weaker than regular Samus and thus lower-tiered anyways.
Or there could always be some kind of Shiek-like deal.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
First fox is blatantly nerfed (check 15 sec movie, check fox's falling speed) and now this crap.
I think a lot of the community would think of that as a good thing. :p

But I am not too pleased with Zamus being available through the Final Smash... hope she is still her own character. But... I still just don't like the 2 character in one idea.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Sakurai, truly disappointed.
ZSS better not suck and/or be weak. I imagine her as a Sheik character myself.
Please go to my "Smash ball DOESN'T turn off?" thread, I'm sure you'll find a shocking and awesome discussion.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Best update yet.

I totally called this back when we first saw the game's original trailer. Giant blast = removed armor. Thus a... giant blast... removes the armor. Makes sense to me.

Fantastic way to add another element of strategy into the game for Samus players. I assume that sans-armor Samus will be about as useless as Popo sans Nana, but that's the price she pays for KOing all of the other players instantly, eh?
Turning items on to play as ZSS is a terrible update.. what are you smoking? I want some.

Just watch, next there wont be an off switch for items just so we can play with nubcake final smashes.

GODDAMIT. SAKURAI YOU SCRUB LOVER :mad:

Mewcario

Banned via Administration
I'm boycotting the game garunteed now. Wavedashing or not, that's just completly stupid. I in no way trust sakurai anymore and I hope he dies.

Items = the only way to play a certain character. You heard it from smashbros.com first folks.

"Hey guys, I'm incredibly petty and shallow! This one piece of news has irritated me so much I'm boycotting the game!

My unstable emotions can no longer be contained, this knowledge that Samus uses an item to turn into Zero Suit Samus, who will very likely be able to be chosen at start anyway using the B button, is causing me great emotional distress! Time to cut myself over video games!"

Fixt

BlueTwix

Smash Rookie
Go ahead and boycott if you wish. It simply means it will be easier for the rest of us to get a copy when it comes out. :D

But seriously, I doubt anyone will boycott smash because of this or because Sonic isn't in. Brawl will still be the best Smash game.

iankobe

Smash Lord
...and what if zero suit samus gets the final smash AGAIN after the normal Samus used the final smash?!!

What the heck is gonna happen?!

agoaj

Smash Cadet
Who does this Sakurai guy think he is?
He is God and I love him.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I did expect something like this so I'm not really suprised at all. Still Sakurai just "deleted" a character from "the pro players" but lets hope we'll have shortcut character chance ala sheik...
We dont' know it yet.
I'm agreed with u man... I was thinking how can I play with Zamus and now we have this info... but... Sakurai knows what he's doing (I hope) and maybe there is another way to transform into Zero Suit Samus maybe like Sheik (pressing A before battle) maybe this is a great possibility... u have to see there is no Zero Suit Samus Character yet... maybe tomorrow or soonly we will have her profile and Sakurai gives us a surprise... (BEING POSITIVE... jajajaja)

Phred

Smash Journeyman
...and what if zero suit samus gets the final smash AGAIN after the normal Samus used the final smash?!!

What the heck is gonna happen?!
I assume nothing, the Smash Ball update that each character could only do a Final Smash once.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
"Hey guys, I'm incredibly petty and shallow! This one piece of news has irritated me so much I'm boycotting the game!

My unstable emotions can no longer be contained, this knowledge that Samus uses an item to turn into Zero Suit Samus, who will very likely be able to be chosen at start anyway using the B button, is causing me great emotional distress! Time to cut myself over video games!"

Fixt
Yeah? Well I won't write what I want to write since im one point away from ban-town this week.

You need items to select characters, Brawl sucks, the rest of you can play it for all I care, I'll stick with real smash, k thx.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hmm... I tried to post a message earlier but I guess I have to re type it.

If ZSS is from FS, then people will have to adjust to it. And thats all there is to it. I played Zelda/Sheik because I loved switching styles in between kills and such. Some of you might not like that, but if you do good.. If not then don't use Samus and theres your solution.

If she can be activated by holding down A or whatever. Does that mean ZSS has a FS too?

I'm still confused about the "One FS a match" thing as it doesn't really state it clearly for me. If someone can clarify it for me.

Mewcario

Banned via Administration
Yeah? Well I won't write what I want to write since im one point away from ban-town this week.

You need items to select characters, Brawl sucks, the rest of you can play it for all I care, I'll stick with real smash, k thx.
LOL

Cry moar. Your tourneytard tears are delicious.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, don't you guys think it would be cool if zero suit samus have her OWN final smash also?
IIRC the FS appears only ONCE in the stage, so Z. Samus wouldn't have a FS, so unless you can choose her by holding A or by unlocking her as a character when you use Samus's FS for the first time...

It sucks.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
I'd definately have prefered ZSS to be seperate, but I'm not suicidal over it.
I'd have thought having them as seperate characters would have been the most logical choice (but hey, since when was Sakurai logical:laugh:), but obviously not. Lets hope this isn't the only way ZSS will be playable, I'm sure they'll know that there will be lots of people wanting to play just as her (then again, they probaby won't know)

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Maybe this will be how you first unlock Zamus as her own playable character as well. Oh well, not really that big of a deal to me, I really didn't care for the character. But I hope she is easily selectable for those who do like her. Sorry the update may of broken your dreams.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet

Your ****ing pathetic

just play the ****ing game. The fact that you honestly wish death upon a man you've never met that supplies your arrogant *** with games to play says something about your lousy character. If this is the best your week had, you need to get out more.

and yes, items ARE how you play the game. This isn't Street Fighter, stop trying to make it that way.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai wants us to be with items.... and thats never going to happen so I guess we can kiss Zamus goodbye. She had alot of potential to become a good character and I was actually thinking of maining her if K.Rool didnt make it. Ohhh well I guess I should have know from the first trailer this would have happend.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Some of you might not like that, but if you do good.. If not then don't use Samus and theres your solution.
You know... some people main Samus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom