• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus threads thread - Read the first post you noobs!

Ryan_RF

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I dont know if this thread is still alive, but here it goes anyways:

Name: RyanRF
Main: SAMUS

Due in no small part to all the helpful info here at smashboards, I've surpassed all the best smashers in my college and feel I'm finally ready to start gettin my *** handed to me at tourneys. As soon as school gets out I'm gonna check out the soCal biweeklies. Thank god I live in Orange County... OC2, here I come !!!

Joker

Smash Ace
It would probably help if you LOOKED in the tournie section...

Just a thought :ohwell:

Jasona

Smash Ace
Since I've come back, I've been wondering about all of the old threads I created. This one seems to be based on a bad idea. I'm sure there are many people who will say that they main as samus. I'm also sure that there are many more people who don't care about the majority of the samus players who have no reputation/skill. To make this thread useful/smaller, I'd like to turn it into a list of good/skillful players who main as samus. The list would function as a quick reference for those wishing to find videos of good players. I think it would also be interesting to include people who are good samus players with a unique style, but may not neccessarily main as samus.
I'd like the list to be of players who were active in the past 6 months, so, along with their names, I'd like the title and date of the last tournament they attended.
I've been away from the game for 7 months, so I'm not going to agree/disagree with anyone on potentials for the list. Maybe after a few smashfests and a tournament or two, I'll join in.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
<.<'

well..... You can put me there.

Nigzel
Sweden

If you include that samus is the closest she can get to be my main (2nd), since fox is perfect, noone will be able to replace him. ;_;

$sD

Smash Ace
Jasona said:
Since I've come back, I've been wondering about all of the old threads I created. This one seems to be based on a bad idea. I'm sure there are many people who will say that they main as samus. I'm also sure that there are many more people who don't care about the majority of the samus players who have no reputation/skill. To make this thread useful/smaller, I'd like to turn it into a list of good/skillful players who main as samus. The list would function as a quick reference for those wishing to find videos of good players. I think it would also be interesting to include people who are good samus players with a unique style, but may not neccessarily main as samus.
I'd like the list to be of players who were active in the past 6 months, so, along with their names, I'd like the title and date of the last tournament they attended.
I've been away from the game for 7 months, so I'm not going to agree/disagree with anyone on potentials for the list. Maybe after a few smashfests and a tournament or two, I'll join in.

where u been hiding Jasona

Jasona

Smash Ace
Jasona said:
Since I've come back, I've been wondering about all of the old threads I created. This one seems to be based on a bad idea. I'm sure there are many people who will say that they main as samus. I'm also sure that there are many more people who don't care about the majority of the samus players who have no reputation/skill. To make this thread useful/smaller, I'd like to turn it into a list of good/skillful players who main as samus.
This thread is no longer about random samus getting their name out. I want the names of good samus. Normally, I would make the list myself and ask for opinions later, but I've been away for a while and it is possible, although very unlikely, that the names I would come up with may no longer be good samus players. So far, all I can think of is HugS and Oro. In addition to names, throw out the last tournament they appeared at.

p-wee

Smash Rookie
Though i may be Relatively new to this particular forum, that has nothing to to do with being just a"random" samus player. In terms of skill though, i somhow squeezed myself into the top ten at a local smash tournament in Escondidio California a couple months back. That's not too bad for me competing in my first tournament though, so if youd like you may add me to the list of:
" Samus's Finest"

Joker

Smash Ace
this thread should kinda be closed

all it may do is affend players, and besides if your not hugs wes or oro. does it really matter?

If your not making as much noise as them, then ya you can be "good" but who cares....????

Ya this thread can be closed.

Just use the "Player Finders" to find ppl.

no one needs to find samuses.

Instead Jasona...how about you make like a thred for nothing but samus vids.
And not of just ppl using samus, samus players.

I think ppl would want that more :p

Jasona

Smash Ace
I've been wondering if I should turn this thread into something useful or ask that it be unstickied. What it should be turned into baffles me. The samus vids idea sounds decent. What should I include? vid name, vid description & how to find it (hub, google, ask people to transfer)?
LOL when people come to complain about not having their vid mentioned, I can tell them why I thought their vids sucked LOL @ I don't think I've ever given specific advice before

LOL Joker vs Jasona - samus ditto. Joker beat me so bad that I can still taste the blood in my mouth - no clue where to find th this vid LOL

EDIT-> I was also considering making this the samus threads thread, where I linked to several threads on specific samus issues and insisted that anyone wishing to post about a subject use the designated threads or post there idea here and seek some help before making a thread. Only problem is, I'm not sure if I can link to threads that have gone past the second page. LOL its probably a noob question with an answer like "Of course you can, just use the search feature to find them"

$sD

Smash Ace
good job jasona

goood to see ur still faithful to samus too

newayz imma start posting vids soon for samus help/training....maybe a tutourial of samus techs.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Pink Samus- Black if there is another one and i am california.... Maybe you will see me in the amatures league at MLG!! ^^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
why are people still posting "my main is samus, im from blah blah"
havent they read the first post..

Banned via Administration
Hi, my name is 5150 (lol, im not telling you my real name, that would be silly plz). I main n00b. I'm posting in here because I'd like to not be contacted by another smasher due to my lack of skills, yet i'd like to think of myself as pro by giving you my name here in this thread.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Great!!*sarcasm*

Lol, samus isnt the best character, but i guess shes in my top 5. It would be nice to learn some of these techniques, though im still offended by my rank. I just wish i had more actually "good players to face". But is it really necessary to learn all of this to be a master?

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
REDHALBERD said:
Lol, samus isnt the best character, but i guess shes in my top 5. It would be nice to learn some of these techniques, though im still offended by my rank. I just wish i had more actually "good players to face". But is it really necessary to learn all of this to be a master?
To be a master? Yes.

Derek9784

Smash Cadet
i main with samus and falco...some of u guys may of heard of me but yea.... i go by Wreckless

i got some videos if u want to see them just message me

Cobli Samus

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamusAran1979
read the first post you noobs! this is not a samus locator thread, even though most of the posts in it suggest otherwise.
Oooohhh shoot! I offended Jasona by posting on the wrong thread. Oh my gosh! Ahhhh crap! Oooooohhh, I just feel so horrible!

Spare us your ridicule; it won't elevate your stature above another person. The only reason why I ACCIDENTALLY posted here is because Phanna had a link to this thread; and by the time I got done checking it out, I forgot where I was.

)-(ø(\)øR

Smash Rookie
Oooohhh shoot! I offended Jasona by posting on the wrong thread. Oh my gosh! Ahhhh crap! Oooooohhh, I just feel so horrible!

Spare us your ridicule; it won't elevate your stature above another person. The only reason why I ACCIDENTALLY posted here is because Phanna had a link to this thread; and by the time I got done checking it out, I forgot where I was.
Lol stfu jasona is right your not...who cares about who he is or his stature...I dont think ''Noob'' was an insult here body... its not the right place to say I main samus blahblahblah....

OH and By The way...I main samus in I live in quebec,Beauce.

Lolhahaha

Top Bottom