• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Representation at Pound 4

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237419

It's a great deal away, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up. Jan 16-18, take off work, take off classes (it shouldn't be an issue anyway, MLK weekend,) ignore your relative's birthday. This tournament is going to be huge and we need proper Samus showings. Register by Nov. 1 to get cheap airline tickets too!

PRICES

1 OoS Samus main attending: FREE OF CHARGE
2 OoS Samus mains attending: $40 split
3 OoS Samus mains attending: $40 split
4 OoS Samus mains attending: $40 split
5 OoS Samus mains attending: $50 split (rise attributed to use of different vehicle) (still $10/person)
6 OoS Samus mains attending: $50 split ("")
7 OoS Samus mains attending: $50 split ("")

The costs have been determined primarily on gas usage during the event. Venue is approximately 40 minutes away. You will be provided:

A) Sofa/carpet to sleep on
B) Breakfast/late night meals and snacks/sodas (in moderation, don't raid the house)
C) Transportation coming to and from: airport/venue/house

*These prices do not include what you will have to pay for airline tickets and venue/entry fees at the tournament.*

I may prey upon your sincerity for more money if gas prices end up increasing. To be fair, the alternative is splitting $89 a night for a room.

It has a HUGE attendance (bigger than HOBO, maybe even WHOBO, no offense to Xyro) and I don't want to be the only Samus main there. Rhyme may be there, maybe, but that makes... two?

Anyway, yeah. I will probably revive this thread later, but want everyone to know now. Jan 16-18, mark your calendars!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I will provide housing for $20 to all Samus mains willing to attend this event (it's a three day event. Covers transportation to and from airport, house and venue. Does not cover food.)]
wtf are you kidding? scam alert.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
How is it a scam? ;_;

When people attend your tournament, they have to pay hotel fees and transportation costs. Some people get lucky and get free housing, but that's the very very few. Otherwise, in regular groups, it's about $30-$50 total, in large groups (like +10) it's $20-$40 for the weekend (not as dramatic a drop from a regular group because the bigger the group, the higher the transportation costs at expense of the lower hotel fees.)

I've said in regular groups, $20 per person and in large groups, $10 per person. My original prices were to account for inflation of gas prices, while staying lower than the usual costs of going to an OoS tournament and reserving a hotel room.

Now to be fair, I'm driving a Toyota Corrolla. Meaning, 4 passengers and a tank full of gas costing $20. Gas fees from the airport to house, to venue and back to house twice, then driving back to airport will probably result in two tanks, if not three refills. If more than 4 Samus mains come, then I will drive a Toyota Sienna, fitting 6 passengers, 7 if someone wants to sit in the trunk (I've done something like that before, it's spacey, funny, and I probably will end up charging severely less just for the lols)

So... not considering a possible rise in gas, it's $20 per tank (Corrolla). 2-3 tanks of gas would average to be $50. I'll pitch in $10 (because I'm going myself.) Thus, here are the new prices:

1 Samus main attending: free of charge. Not a big deal. Hopefully, that person will be nice enough to pitch in for gas anyway.
2 Samus mains attending: $40 split
3 Samus mains attending: $40 split
4 Samus mains attending: $40 split
5 Samus mains attending: $50 split (rise attributed to use of different vehicle)
6 Samus mains attending: $50 split ()
7 Samus mains attending: $50 split ("")

I end up paying just as much (when exactly four attend,) paying less (when between 2-3 attend, but only by $5-$10, but I'm offering housing for the weekend anyway) or more than everyone (5-7 attend, or only one attends). This would be more fair I guess. I don't find this to be a scam. But now I'll be severely poor. lol

If you have a suggestion now that I've provided you with transportation costs, please provide it. I want people to go.

EDIT: The Hotel Fee is 89 a room. You'll pay less in every scenario this way. I admit my first post was a bit scammish (even though it was still less than a hotel every way). I didn't really think about it and was in a rush to put this thread up in excitement. Hope you guys don't consider this a scam =/.

Xyro77

I charge no more than 10$ per person for gas if the players live in the city, if the player flies in from oos i charge nothing.. Housing is always free and i ASK that people get food on there own but if they cant ill let them make a sandwich or something.

20$+ buy your own food=SCAM! Well maybe not, depends on how far you live from the event.

Im not sayin my way is the best but it seems the most far to the OOS playes who already spent ALOT just getting there. ya know?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I mean. lol suppose it would have been vital to mention this:

I'm Vietnamese. My family takes pride in hospitality. You'll get free breakfast and late night meals. By "does not cover food," I meant eating lunch and dinner at the venue if you're hungry. You'll have to pay for food at the venue, but if you want to bring snacks/sodas from my house, my family won't mind.

Regardless, it was a bit pricey and I dropped it. Sound better now?

Xyro77

And i wasnt tryin to be picky. Most smashers pitch in however some dont unless asked too and i didnt want them to think all they do is fly to your house, cough up money and sleep on a cold hard floor with no food. But you clarified so its sounds decent now. THANKS

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Oh. And I've got a fairly large house with 3 sofas. You can't sleep on the beds (the bedrooms all belong to someone) but if you don't want the floor, the sofas are available... that's like 6 people right there. I will ask you all to god **** take showers if you smell though. No offense.

And of course I would have provided food at my house. I meant at the venue. (I'm not cheap like some other housers, I'm trying to make the experience more enjoyable.) As I say this, I still kind of think $20 was fair, but I do want Samus company, so the new prices ought to do it!

EDIT: It's an hour drive away for those who want to know.

Xyro77

Wether its a carpet floor or a sofa, im down with it. Ive slept on a CEMENT FLOOR before and i will NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

Also, as a heads up, inforce the deodorant(sp?) rule. NO ONE can sleep at your house unless they where deodorant or take a shower. It sounds horrible but 5 sweaty men who refuse to take showers is FAR worse.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Well actually, I was going to spray anyone who smells with a can of Febreeze before letting them step into my house. And then make them buy their own deodorant if they don't have any.

Smelly people ruin the experience. No joke. It's why crowded tournaments are never as fun.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
sounds like a fun time, im interested in attending, do we have to buy the passes and everything or are you providing it for who ever goes with you because your post up above was and is a tad bit confusing to me...

but seriously its sounds like a great time to me.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
You will have to pay for your own airline ticket unfortunately, and your own venue/entry fees for the tournament. I'm merely providing a cheaper alternative for housing/transportation as an incentive to raise Samus representation.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks. Not sure yet that I would be going. But, I would be driving minimum four hours if I did go, so it would be nice to have someplace to chill.

What's the least amount of notice that you would be comfortable with me giving you? ((as in, min. one week before, one month before, etc.))

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
To be honest, you could tell me four hours before you come up to my house. Just worry about getting here and I'll worry about the rest. (Unless you're coming up past the time we have to leave to get to the venue. Then there will be trouble. :mad:)

As far as everyone else, late notices are fine. I would prefer for those traveling by plane to coordinate so you're all within relevant time range upon landing, but if I have to make a couple trips to the airport, it's no problem. Fees are the same regardless.

Also, if there is another MD/VA Samus main out there and you're reading this, fee for you is free. Come up and join us you sucker.

Top Bottom