• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus morphball (as a Crawl)

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I'm kind of dissapointed that in past games Samus can only use the Morphball as her roll (wich is a very slow roll)
She should be able to use it as her crawl, the Morphball is such an importatnt element in Metroid games and would give a much better feel when playing as Samus.

No down-b complicated mechanics, just crouch and a diagonal movement of the stick, just as the other characters with with crawls.

Also, it would be cool to have the boostball as a crawl attack.

What do you guys think?

No "y metroid can crawl" yokes, please.

Last edited:

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
well there's no reason to not want it. the more buffs to her roll/movement options, the better.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
If it's like PM, then yeah, I would like that.

Her dodge really should be the strafe from Prime or the Sensemove from Other M. Using morphball to dodge just makes little sense when Samus is such an physically capable character.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I would really, really, like this addition to be in the game. The opportunity for !!SCIENCE!! is great with something like that.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I guess we could start spamming the idea over miiverse, but even then :/

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Crawling(or really, rolling) is good, but I would still rather have it as her down special

Morph Ball Roll
Morph Ball Bomb
Morph Ball Jump
Morph Ball Boost
...Spider Ball?

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
upload_2014-6-24_16-25-9.jpeg

If you look close, you can see Samus in a morph ball with no bomb.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
That would definitely make sense. I could really see this happening, since they are going back to all the character's roots more than ever before (such as giving Donkey Kong his roll attack).
No, they are not. Otherwise, why does that Yellow Rat still have Skull Bash?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I hope at the least one of Samus' moveset customizations is Morph Ball Mode/crawl with the ability to manually drop bombs.
This is how morph ball should have worked from the beginning. I would LOVE it if they made this happen.

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
Found this image with Samus in the middle of the air but no bomb in sight, thoughts?

Most likely Samus put a bomb down close to Mii Fighter and is not visible because of the tight angle, but I figured I'd put it here anyway.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Anything to make her feel more like Samus in ANY metroid game. How she plays in all the smash games is so unlike how she feels in any metroid game. It's unlike what any other character goes through in the entire series.

Top Bottom