• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus in FFA?

-XG-

Smash Rookie
Is Samus generally a good free for all melee character? It seems that no matter who's playing her in our "for fun only" FFAs that she wins 80% of the time.

Although I think I could answer this question myself with a bit of testing, I would like some sort of input on this topic as well as possibly gain some tactics for using Samus in this format.

Thanks!

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
My friends went to a small local tournament and to our surprise, it was a FFA tourney(yeah, it was pretty noobish) in which the top 2 of each game would proceed. I managed to grab second right behind my friend that I practice with all the time, but I was pretty pissed off that it was a FFA tourney instead of singles or doubles so I did some pretty cheap stuff like spamming missiles at the other end of the stage and waiting when I'd respawn. Samus is really good in FFA, but partly due to cheap tactics.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Missile spam! \o/

Yeh, it's hard to lose as Samus in FFA. Just make sure you know what you're doing when it comes down to the last two.

-XG-

Smash Rookie
Heh, Samus is one hell of a character, huh? Really good in 1v1 and can really own in FFA. Hmm....

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much anyone with a projectile is good in FFA. I would say falco is the best because he has his gay little laser and can just kinda hit whoever whenever but thats besides the point.

I personally never do FFA's because I find them to be very annoying but when I do (very rarely) I usually win. Maybe samus players are just too good...

Mars-

Smash Champion
Because of how many hits are being thrown at you, you are really recovering/stalling most of the time. And nobody really edge guards in ffas, and if they do they usually get jumped.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Samus has the best crouch-cancel in the game.

Samus has one of the best recoveries in the game.

Samus has powerful projectile spam.

If you avoid up-kills and crouch-cancelling in a fray, and spam projectiles intelligently, any FFA is a snap. I don't know why you would care though, FFAs should only be played with items on, on banned levels, while intoxicated, because otherwise, you should be playing 1v1 on legal levels without items to actually improve at the game.

Smash Master
Yeah, Samus is a tank, she can abuse projectiles, and she jumps and recovers slowly. This makes her own in free-for-alls.

Top Bottom