• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' Daughter Dashes Guide, now includes pictures for the SDMSDDSWD!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*looks at title* I see a M in the title. Took a stab in the dark and figured it was for missles. (I mean i'm clearly joking around btw).

But like I said, im assuming this isnt complete trash as much as it's one of those things that nobody would REALLY be worried about.

Again, I didnt read the OP, and unless people are like "OMG CLOSE THIS PLEASE", i dont see a need to.

___

edit.

So yeah, i guess it didnt kill me to click 1.

Superdoodleman. Didnt think about that one. Ah well.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I just realized...knihT has a purple samus in his avatar...like phanna...maybe...it IS phanna, under the guise of another account!

Or maybe...purple samuses love being technical...?

Also, I just noticed - the link at the very bottom of the guide is dead.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I just realized...knihT has a purple samus in his avatar...like phanna...maybe...it IS phanna, under the guise of another account!

Or maybe...purple samuses love being technical...?

Also, I just noticed - the link at the very bottom of the guide is dead.
you have a purple samus in your avatar. I guess that means that you, too, are phanna.
And anyways, everyone knows that green samus's are the best

Corigames

Smash Hero
Shut Up

Why you guys gotta be such pricks?
It's not like there's an overwhelming amount of threads being made here, nor is there much activity in general, it seems like it's just a bunch of bored kids waiting around for something to ***** about
If we allow people to constantly make spam threads, necro old threads, and talk about things already covered in old threads, are we really even achieving new conversation? No. If you make a spam thread, they are generally just annoying and get locked anyway. If you bump old threads without posing anything new, then you are juts presenting information that was open to everyone to begin with and didn't care enough to bump themselves so why would they now? And if you make a new thread that just talks about something already covered, you will probably just get linked to that other thread, the people will just talk about what they already posted in said other thread, and nothing new is accomplished.

Yeah, the boards are slow, but it's no reason to propagate ignorance. Have a Samus question, ask it if the answer isn't already there. Until then, just read.

Pi

Smash Hero
If we allow people to constantly make spam threads, necro old threads, and talk about things already covered in old threads, are we really even achieving new conversation? No. If you make a spam thread, they are generally just annoying and get locked anyway. If you bump old threads without posing anything new, then you are juts presenting information that was open to everyone to begin with and didn't care enough to bump themselves so why would they now? And if you make a new thread that just talks about something already covered, you will probably just get linked to that other thread, the people will just talk about what they already posted in said other thread, and nothing new is accomplished.

Yeah, the boards are slow, but it's no reason to propagate ignorance. Have a Samus question, ask it if the answer isn't already there. Until then, just read.
I bold'd all the irrelevant stuff
*looks at post* how bout that

The way I see it is, no matter what I could have posted, sans maybe some new information regarding the SWD's daughter dashes I would have gotten told off for necroing a thread, which is stupid.

The way you guys make it seem is that once a thread hits whatever amount of time it's now allowed to be posted in any more?

Yea, the last post in the thread is over a year old, but it's also about as relevant as mine was
so if mine were maybe some months earlier we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I believe one of the people to tell me off suggested this information be put into the SWD thread. That sounds like an idea to me, why couldn't something like that be done.

This is unique information, why should it be left to fade away

Corigames

Smash Hero
I bold'd all the irrelevant stuff
*looks at post* how bout that
Does this somehow make you look less annoying? I think not.

The way I see it is, no matter what I could have posted, sans maybe some new information regarding the SWD's daughter dashes I would have gotten told off for necroing a thread, which is stupid.
It is stupid, which is why it wouldn't have happened. Perhaps if you had thrown in some thought on what you just said and what you just read from my post instead of getting upset and just trying to say everyone is ganging up on you, you would have made the connection that I said, "If you bump old threads without posing anything new" which you didn't post anything new, then you would understand why no one cares about this thread.

You are only being singled out because you are standing alone.

The way you guys make it seem is that once a thread hits whatever amount of time it's now allowed to be posted in any more?
When a thread is over 2 months old without any new posts (I believe) there is a disclaimer above the quick reply box that says something along the lines of "Warning: The last reply to this thread was posted over two months ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying."

you: "Informative thread should be on first page"

This bump was unnecessary. Are you still confused or is it clear now?

Yea, the last post in the thread is over a year old, but it's also about as relevant as mine was
so if mine were maybe some months earlier we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Correct, we wouldn't. You know why the thread resulted in spam? BECAUSE THE CONVERSATION WAS OVER. You know what happens to threads where there is no more conversation? They go away due to the nature of the boards where old threads are pushed away. That means that there are newer discussions that are taking priority over this one. If this one were to have a new conversation, related to the old one, then a bump would be justified. However, spamming an old thread because it turned into spam isn't a reason to make a thread go back to the top.

Don't post john.

This is unique information, why should it be left to fade away
To be honest? No one really uses is. Very situational, very difficult, and no one has seen a great tournament application for it. If you can, great. Go do it. Record it. I want to see it done there. However, until then, this is just a cool trick to show off but not really do much from.
I'm a better moderator

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
When a thread is over 2 months old without any new posts (I believe) there is a disclaimer above the quick reply box that says something along the lines of "Warning: The last reply to this thread was posted over two months ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying."

I'm a better moderator
i dont think that happens. I remember accidentally reviving a thread with a quick post...and it didnt say anything like that, or any warning at all. They SHOULD have warnings..i dont know if they do though..

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i dont think that happens. I remember accidentally reviving a thread with a quick post...and it didnt say anything like that, or any warning at all. They SHOULD have warnings..i dont know if they do though..
I don't know the exact length of time that a thread must be "away" for, but it does happen. It happened to one of my threads a long time ago.

Also, I think you guys need to stop, lol.

This whole "argument" is dumb. We all know about posting etiquette, but I don't see the reason to get all defensive about it.

Doesn't matter anyways. That's why I suggested closing it
read: devil's advocate
. Not like one day we're going to suddenly get a ton of people making new threads in this forum. Pretty sure this thread will end up being on the front page for a long time now, because of the bump. The mods have already made their decision, so it's pretty useless arguing.

Besides, it makes everyone else just as bad for continuing to bump this thread, hahaha.

So unless there's anything new anyone wants to add to this topic, then leave the thread alone.
ALL OF YOU YES EVEN YOU MODS LOLOLOL

And just so you all know that this is in good faith, here is a heart, to show all you samuses how much i wuv you guys.

<3

Pi

Smash Hero
I believe one of the people to tell me off suggested this information be put into the SWD thread. That sounds like an idea to me, why couldn't something like that be done.
bump

Does this somehow make you look less annoying? I think not.
Yea, cause that's what I was going for 0_o

It is stupid, which is why it wouldn't have happened. Perhaps if you had thrown in some thought on what you just said and what you just read from my post instead of getting upset and just trying to say everyone is ganging up on you, you would have made the connection that I said, "If you bump old threads without posing anything new" which you didn't post anything new, then you would understand why no one cares about this thread.
Assume more please.
And if you're going to quote yourself, quote
are we really even achieving new conversation?
if that's your criteria for a useful topic, then mission complete.

You are only being singled out because you are standing alone.
...? You're only being redundant because you are being redundant.

you: "Informative thread should be on first page"

This bump was unnecessary. Are you still confused or is it clear now?
Despite my poor long distance vision, I did manage to see that disclaimer. And whether a thread is necessarily bumped or not seems rather subject.

Correct, we wouldn't. You know why the thread resulted in spam? BECAUSE THE CONVERSATION WAS OVER. You know what happens to threads where there is no more conversation? They go away due to the nature of the boards where old threads are pushed away. That means that there are newer discussions that are taking priority over this one. If this one were to have a new conversation, related to the old one, then a bump would be justified. However, spamming an old thread because it turned into spam isn't a reason to make a thread go back to the top.
If this were actually true I could see your point, but the fact is I haven't done these boards any disservice by bumping this thread. The last post on the first page is over a month old.

To be honest? No one really uses is. Very situational, very difficult, and no one has seen a great tournament application for it. If you can, great. Go do it. Record it. I want to see it done there. However, until then, this is just a cool trick to show off but not really do much from.
I'm a better moderator
So anything which you deem non tourney viable (and I'm not arguing in defense of this, it is nigh impossible to find application for) should not be discussed whatsoever on the samus boards.

No.

I like the idea of moving this information into the official SWD thread, why don't we just do that and ya'll can move on with your samus boards.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If this were actually true I could see your point, but the fact is I haven't done these boards any disservice by bumping this thread. The last post on the first page is over a month old.
And what, exactly, has been achieved?

So anything which you deem non tourney viable (and I'm not arguing in defense of this, it is nigh impossible to find application for) should not be discussed whatsoever on the samus boards.
Words in mouth? No.

Do you know what the Windmill of Fury is? Should I bump it just because? It's not really used, no one uses it, and no one was interested. If someone was, then they would be reading this, most likely on there own.

I like the idea of moving this information into the official SWD thread, why don't we just do that and ya'll can move on with your samus boards.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=55424&page=28

Pi

Smash Hero
Yesterday in friendly teams I got a SWD-to-fsmash double KO to end the game vs Chad and Nes n00b. Get at me.
only recent SWD related event I've had happen is SWD -> dsmash on my friends falco on the edge as he was getting up to end the game ._.

I've lost most of my SWD consistency in exchange for playing smarter in general lol.

Top Bottom