• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' DACUS

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Disclaimer: I'm still at a stage where I'm learning advanced techniques. I L-Cancel with about 75% consistency and still am not sure how to implement Wavedashing properly in my spacing. Needless to say I can't perform DACUSes yet.

So, biggest question first: Does Samus have a DACUS/Does her jumpsquat allow her to perform one? If so, the obvious part comes in: Samus has two DACUSes, and the one I'm interested in is Ice.

Ice DACUS, because of its massive hitbox seems like a good approach option, good for tech chases, punishes and getting surprise KOs maybe. Fire DACUS is less good for approaching but seems like it could combo with throws or platform tech chase.

Discuss!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Samus does not have a DACUS. Here jumpstart is 3 frames which does not allow her to have a DACUS. Characters can only have a DACUS if their jumpstart is 4+ frames long.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
You can do an Up-Smash out of SWD & it goes really far. Ice Up-Smash is very hard to land this way, but if you manage it, it makes for a very fancy kill. Fire Up-Smash is easier to hit out of SWD due to the multi-hit nature. Also, I'm curious, why does jumpsquat affect whether a character can DACUS? Jump inputs don't come into play during a DACUS, so why does jumpsquat matter?

Top Bottom