• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Aran Highlightvideo by KayJay

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Not to sound like a jerk but the video is too flashy, dramatic to really be appreciated. I get what you wanted but a lot of the content gets lost in the process. Some of the combos were great but I feel like a large bulk of clips used are strings and not combos.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Nice! Very pretty, nice shots! I like your reversed charge shots from ledge particularly.

I'm putting together a very detailed combo article, with all the known (to me) true combos for Samus in smash4 shortly. She has an enormous amount of combos and strings. I hope it's of use to everyone and I hope people contribute to it. You're right Gdspdublkprzdnt that most of what he's showing are strings, I feel they are still useful and good for exposure and the difference between a true combo and a string can be as little as a frame. Samus needs more exposure, and pretty videos are good for that.

What did you use for capture + editing technology KayJay?

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Capturing & Editing is all described at the end of the video.
I used HD PVR & Sony Vegas Pro 12.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Definitely appreicate a lot of work went in to this, I'd say there was a bit too much emphasis on audio syncing and stylising the video as opposed to showing off your clips, but an enjoyable watch nonetheless

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
There will be another Video with unused clips (I still got over 10 minutes videomaterial, have to cut it to ~5 minutes)
with no edit whatsoever.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I have a ton of clips I wish to share too but I don't know how to upload them as a full video.

What equipment or programs do I need?

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
for good quality u want a hd pvr to directly record from the tv, otherwise you can just film the screen with a camera/phone. As for editing tools, i use camtasia, though there's sony vegas, adobe after effects/premier, or even basic mac/windows editing programmes, depending on how advanced or basic you want it to be

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I added a link to the second video (unused clips).

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
KayJay, your RAR is really signature. You have that down pat, really nice. Some guy the other day said it's safe on shield can you confirm? It's not quite a Diddy f-air but man, that could almost compete at that execution level.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Yes that's correct, if you push the stick to the defensive direction right after the Bair input it's absolutely safe thanks to:
- Samus's air momentum
- Bair autocancel, which means no landing lag

What I like to do after a RAR is launching a pretty safe super missile or a dash attack or a B-reversal.
You can also cancel a perfect framed bair with an up air before landing, so for mixup instead of backing off in the air you can fly right into the opponent and up air hitting him when he didn't see another attack coming. After that hit connects, an Up B followup is guaranteed.

Frame-canceled Bair into Uair Example

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
KayJay, some seriously good stuff in the video (I would prefer to see most of it in 1x speed TBH). In the unused clips section I saw you got caught with something I used to get caught with a lot. Aura sphere tanking your super missile. This happens when Lucario is >88%. According to this post:
http://smashboards.com/threads/matchup-discussion.371895/page-3#post-17895179

This is really important info for that matchup. Also a fully charged shot can tank aura sphere until they hit 44% (according to this info, I haven't confirmed in the lab).

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
From my testing fully charge Charge Shot clashes with full charge Aura Sphere from 56% upwards

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I'm finished with my second Highlight video,
here is the link

:)

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Ah yes, glad to see another Samus using the B reverse back on to the stage after people get up, I think it's honestly one of the easiest ways to catch people with the CS, since if people see you running off the ledge they basically always get up or roll up, and this covers both options with a huge punish.

And nice air dodge punishes as always

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I only wish I were so slick. Love the new video KayJay. I need to add the reversed CS on the ledge game. It's pretty damn cool. I know someone said it about your previous video, but your RAR is impeccable.

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't around before to congratulate you on the first video. But part two is even better, partly for using a lot less effects and being able to appreciate the flow of the match a lot better (but what's with the filter?)

Great stuff, as mentioned, using reverse charge to punish get ups from the ledge is fantastic and I never thought about it. Love your samus, it's super aggressive and your RAR's and reading air dodges is fantastic! I'd love for you to upload more stand alone matches so I could continue learning.

SpLSlick

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpLSlick
3DS FC
3540-1397-4329
I mentioned your second video on ehubs and it's one of the featured videos ;)

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Thanks for the good responses, I really appreciate it.

I mentioned your second video on ehubs and it's one of the featured videos ;)
Wow, thank you! It really made it to the eventhubs homepage!

Top Bottom