• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one Who have noticed a major information leaking? SAMUS AND ZERO SUIT SAMUS WILL PROBABLY BE THE SAME CARACHTER!

According to the English site itself:
This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!
My guess is, she'll become suitless Samus after using a ultimate Smash attack, like the trailer suggest.

Then again, I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
Never been mentioned in this "news thread before" (unless I missed it)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
GUIGUI said:
Am I the only one Who have noticed a major information leaking? SAMUS AND ZERO SUIT SAMUS WILL PROBABLY BE THE SAME CARACHTER!
OH MY WHAT A SURPRISE! Sorry but I just had to be sarcastic and I'm not in a very nice mood anymore because I can't finish my Business Studies Coursework Due in tommorow.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Inferno_blaze said:
OH MY WHAT A SURPRISE! Sorry but I just had to be sarcastic and I'm not in a very nice mood anymore because I can't finish my Business Studies Coursework Due in tommorow.
Tell me about it. I'm doing my final project due tomorrow. It's a 3D scene. Silent Hill is my theme. I made Pyramid Head's head and sword but I don't know what else to do. :laugh: anyway, this is getting off-topic. :dizzy: Let's get back on the subject.

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it looks like Samus/Zamus will be a transformation thing, like Zelda/Shiek. I wonder what "under certain conditions" refers to?

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Falling Whistness said:
Yeah, it looks like Samus/Zamus will be a transformation thing, like Zelda/Shiek. I wonder what "under certain conditions" refers to?
This could be anything. Maybe the 1 player mode will be character specific and we will only be able to unlock her after doig Ridley(hope he's in) story mode where he destroys her. Then, after the 1P mode, she challenges us.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Heh nice one coming up with "Zamus" I'm gonna call her that from now on.
Also yea I really hope ridley's in he's my fave metroid character and should have been in melee really (though some of the new bounty hunters in metroid prime hunters and the wii version are pretty cool and could be added).

nomis

Smash Journeyman
The_TooCool_Master said:
Tell me about it. I'm doing my final project due tomorrow. It's a 3D scene. Silent Hill is my theme. I made Pyramid Head's head and sword but I don't know what else to do. :laugh: anyway, this is getting off-topic. :dizzy: Let's get back on the subject.
Make the walls have heads/hands, like something's trying to get out of the walls.

And I think Diddy Kong has a good chance of appearing in SSBB, since he's having a new DS game coming out (before the release of SSBB).

And Roy might be replaced with a char from the new Wii Fire Emblem.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
nomis said:
Make the walls have heads/hands, like something's trying to get out of the walls.

And I think Diddy Kong has a good chance of appearing in SSBB, since he's having a new DS game coming out (before the release of SSBB).

And Roy might be replaced with a char from the new Wii Fire Emblem.
Thanks for the idea! :)

Diddy Kong better appear. DK needs a partner.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Maybe the "under certain conditions" is just to beat a certain event match until she challenges her, or maybe adventure mode on Normal or something. I hope it doesnt become a Zelda/Shiek thing

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, coupling the "certain conditions" with the "she is not a pure character addition," that seems to indicate that the characters are not separate, and transform into each other somehow.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
ahh i imagine if she could only be playable with the freaking item, they would put the game in traning mode, choice the SM item, then change, and after fight until someone has been 4 stock (yeah it also think it would be weird if they did it this way, but i rather talk suggestion, that if she be tournament banned)

but since we still don't how she would transform , use and crazy item, or take to many damage (ahh crap the "certain conditions" of Zamus, are just confusing, maybe i should just keep using regular samus), ect , ect, blah, blah, blah, lol, lmao, rotfl, ....

krynn

Smash Cadet
did anyone notice the flags in the background of wario's pic where he is jumping. the castle stage. are those flags from fire emblem? i couldnt really make out what the lil design was on the flag.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda said:
"Sakurai starts by saying there wont be any manga characters.
That's code for NO NARUTO OR GOKU for all you who want to see them. (Yes!) Don't get me wrong. I love DBZ (and DB) and I think I might like Naruto (haven't seen any episodes but I've seen the commercials), I just don't think they should be in the game.

Then he begins talking about other companies characters to appear in the game. Among other things, Sakurai says that the character MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform before.
This also assures to me that Sonic is about 75% garunteed a spot. For those of you who don't know the game... Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube.

And to literally translate the last sentence (keep in mind this is in reference to the characters from other companies): "Anyways, at most we'll add another 1-2 characters, maybe?"

Sakurai said it as a question, so it could still change. But now we at least have a ballpark of how many non-Nintendo chars will be added."
Well, that's good to know that they won't be a majority of the characters.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ferro De Lupe said:
This also assures to me that Sonic is about 75% garunteed a spot. For those of you who don't know the game... Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube.
Not to mention Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3 (GBA), Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog (Gamecube), and Sonic Rush (DS).

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Not to mention Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3 (GBA), Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog (Gamecube), and Sonic Rush (DS).
good god thats a lot of titles

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Well, I was just listing the first one that came to my mind and, since I just saw it at Hastings a few hours ago, it was fresh on my mind.

Never played (though I wish I had) Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance (1, 2, or 3), Sonic Adventures 1 or 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic Gems, or Shadow the Hedgehog. I own Sonic Rush and I didn't know Sonic Heroes was on the GameCube (though I did beat each character line-up on the X-Box version.)

Apparently, I'm a lot more behind on my Sonic games than I thought. :urg:

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Ive looked through all of the stickied topics but realize that there isnt one with everything thats been confirmed
From the most obvious, ie
Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and Snake are all playable characters
and even these less obvious FACTS
1-2 more 3rd party characters will be included
Regular samus will be playable
etc.
imo there should be a locked topic with a list of all known FACTS about ssbb which will prevent tons of stupid people from making topics like 'ZOMG WHAT IF SAMOOS ISNT IN BRALL??!?'

ps wasnt sure where this should be posted, feel free to move it if need be

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Oh...I'll make it! Give me five minutes...

I was joking in case anyone took that seriously. Though, I would be happy to make one if a Dev could send my ALL the information. I don't exactly feel like hunting through all the topics.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, I've refrained because Scav said he was making a topic with all of the info. in it. We don't want to overload on Stickied topics, but that's an important one.

We just opened this room this month, and we're going to have to figure it out as we go along. With the Brawl fever that will only build and build as we grow closer and closer to release, we're going to have to figure out exactly what this room needs.

We'll get issues like that sorted out soon. :)

DashNoob

Smash Cadet
I really think that the Doc. will be out. BUT, before every Doc-sucka come here ans write me a bunch of things why he should be in, let me tell you, that the reason he is my #1 "get out" character it´s because: HE IS FREAKIN MARIO!!!!!! It´s like, get in "Soccer Mario" (from Strikers) whose only difference with Mario itself would be throw soccer balls instead of fireballs and use a net instead of the cap. I know, the pills are diferent, ande the cape too, also is the f-air, but he is Mario with a doctor robe anyways.I hope you get it, Doc it´s not another character, it´s mario itself, and im not talking about SSBM, im talking about the Games of the doc itself, Get it?

Pichu: This its like the doc, but at least this is a pre-evolved character, not only a "altern costume and proyectile" character. Any ways, i would preffer Squirtle (or Koopa troopa :chuckle: ) instead of him.

Roy: Hes it´s pretty different from Marth, but he may make some room for another FE character.

Ganondorf: I want his Wizard or sorcerer moveset, with some og his powerfull kicks, that`s all.

Y. Link: The same as pichu, he es a younguer (duh) version of link, i preffer Masked Skull Kid.

Falco: It´s a "birdy" version of fox, but at least he is not a "altern costume" "pre-evolved" "Younguer" character, but i´d like if he gets hes own move set, or if he make some room for Krystal :chuckle:

About the speed of the game, i think it will be a menu to tweak it to your prefferences, but not as "L. melee" or "SM melee", i think it could be in levels, like the CP players.

see ya :)

Thats all.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I'm just really thrilled that I was right for a change.

[quote="SamuraiPanda]Among other things, Sakurai says that the character MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform.[/quote]

Though I wasn't the first one to say so, I did predict that this was going to be the standard of character appearances for the game.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Ferro De Lupe said:
I'm just really thrilled that I was right for a change.

Though I wasn't the first one to say so, I did predict that this was going to be the standard of character appearances for the game.

mazel tov! would you like a cookie? :)

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping for 5 3rd party characters

Snake (of course), Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man and Bomberman

But for practicalty and preference I'd go with just adding Bomberman and Mega Man. Mega Man is MUST HAVE but I really want Bomberman. They'll probably go with Sonic though. Just imagine the out cry if Sonic isn't in the game when any other 3rd party character is? It'll be big.

I mean Snake isn't even that legendary, just quite popular and Kojima wanted him in Smash Bros. so honestly if it was Kojima pulling for this himself I wouldn't have expected Snake. Far more likely Simon Belmont or another Castlevania character from Konami since most of that series has been on Nintendo consoles where as the most notable Metal Gear games weren't on Nintendo console. Some NES games and Twin Snakes for GCN. And twin Snakes is probably why they will use Solid Snake's design specifically.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Hyper Luigi said:
I'm really hoping for 5 3rd party characters

Snake (of course), Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man and Bomberman

But for practicalty and preference I'd go with just adding Bomberman and Mega Man. Mega Man is MUST HAVE but I really want Bomberman. They'll probably go with Sonic though. Just imagine the out cry if Sonic isn't in the game when any other 3rd party character is? It'll be big.

I mean Snake isn't even that legendary, just quite popular and Kojima wanted him in Smash Bros. so honestly if it was Kojima pulling for this himself I wouldn't have expected Snake. Far more likely Simon Belmont or another Castlevania character from Konami since most of that series has been on Nintendo consoles where as the most notable Metal Gear games weren't on Nintendo console. Some NES games and Twin Snakes for GCN. And twin Snakes is probably why they will use Solid Snake's design specifically.
You sir, know what you are talking. Except what you said about Snake. He doesn't need guns to beat you, he can just look at you with one eye until you beat yourself to death.

But your list is good for 3rd party characters. You forgot two things though: Pac-man should've been first on the list and Little Mac should've been second.

Speaking of Little Mac and manga characters, there goes my chance of Makunouchi Ippo.

krynn

Smash Cadet
i remember there only being a couple thinking that zamus was a different form of samus and most ppl thinking it was just for the trailer. wow, i (and most) were so wrong. i wonder which move they might take away from samus to allow u to induce zamus. i seriously hope its not the SB item. cuz i can already see that item being banned from pretty much everything.

RjtheGreat

Smash Rookie
Hmmm.. Rj detects hypocrisy...

"Sakurai starts by saying there wont be any manga characters."

Pokemon = Manga
Pikachu/Pichu/Mewtwo/Jigglypuff = Pokemon

No more Pikachu?
I can't wait to hear Sakurai explain that yellow rat we saw on the trailer. I wonder what it could be...

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
RjtheGreat said:
Hmmm.. Rj detects hypocrisy...

"Sakurai starts by saying there wont be any manga characters."

Pokemon = Manga
Pikachu/Pichu/Mewtwo = Pokemon

No more Pikachu?
I can't wait to hear Sakurai explain that yellow rat we saw on the trailer. I wonder what it could be...
They started off as game characters and (therefore) are NOT manga characters.

Top Bottom