• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At first glance I thought the thread title was Sakurai's fingers.

But my apparent split-second idiocy aside, the one of the left makes me think of Isaac with that open outstretched palm. Or maybe even Robin.

D

Deleted member

1. If it's a weapon, I think it would be awkward for it to be a staff. The way that the hand is, a staff would be in a really awkward position unless it was...I don't know, maybe the figure's making a barrier? It just seems more like a sword to me. It doesn't look like any veteran to me...perhaps it's not Shulk, but Isaac? It looks like something he might do. Heck, it could be Takamaru.

2. Figmas and Micromen alike have four or five sets of hands to attach. The figure would have a clenched fist attached just like the other one if it was holding a sword. It probably isn't a weapon-user.
1. Hmm... thinking more about it, it could be Isaac... I wouldn't get my hopes up.
2. Oh! I didn't know that. I am thinking that it could be Samus and the elongated arm could represent her Arm Cannon. (EDIT: It isn't. The arm is elongated to the left arm, not the right arm, where her Arm Cannon is. So... I am thinking it could go to Takamaru regardless.)

Overall, these are poses that I either don't remember seeing or poses that I never saw before. I can't say for sure if Sakurai is showing us animations for newcomers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
At first glance I thought the thread title was Sakurai's fingers.

But my apparent split-second idiocy aside, the one of the left makes me think of Isaac with that open outstretched palm. Or maybe even Robin.
I thought about Robin too, but it seems a little acrobatic for Robin to me. I could be wrong, though.

1. Hmm... thinking more about it, it could be Isaac... I wouldn't get my hopes up.
2. Oh! I didn't know that. I am thinking that it could be Samus and the elongated arm could represent her Arm Cannon. (EDIT: It isn't. The arm is elongated to the left arm, not the right arm, where her Arm Cannon is. So... I am thinking it could go to Takamaru regardless.)

Overall, these are poses that I either don't remember seeing or poses that I never saw before. I can't say for sure if Sakurai is showing us animations for newcomers.
Oh, I won't get my hopes up. I'm honestly not even an Isaac supporter. He just looks like someone it could be.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
OMG it's Roy...

... except the figure's arms are totally off. There goes my theory.

Interesting read though. I remember these figures being brought up before, but I don't think there was this much speculation on them. It's nice to have a thread dedicated them, as, like I've said before, it's pretty interesting stuff.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
OMG it's Roy...

Interesting read though. I remember these figures being brought up before, but I don't think there was this much speculation on them. It's nice to have a thread dedicated them, as, like I've said before, it's pretty interesting stuff.
It really is. I actually want to buy one of those figures for myself, but all of them that I can find are limited editions or Japan-exclusives...or both.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Maybe this is just because Sakurai enjoys posting pictures if everything he buys, like any other typical teenage girl.
Granted, this may be nothing. But his specifically mentioning that that figure was going to work soon is a huge red flag that there might be something to look for here.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Granted, this may be nothing. But his specifically mentioning that that figure was going to work soon is a huge red flag that there might be something to look for here.
Wait a minute.....
He was using a random, not specific action figure in those poses.
NON-SPECIFIC ACTION FIGURE CONFIRMED!

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
OMG it's Roy...

Roy confirmed!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
But seriously, it can be, like KingShadow said, nothing or just a veteran with new animations.
And for newcomers, I think it needs to be a female because that figurine has the form of a woman, so ... I think it can be Lucina or Impa.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Not sure if it's been brought up, but keep in mind that some of these may be vet updates or possibly nothing at all.
Judging by how Sakurai mentioned the figures helping visualize characters poses for Brawl's cast, I imagine they hold some similar merit for this game too.
It could be both, because Isaac's japanese name is Robin :troll:

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
[quote="Ariand/AEM, post: 16507546, member: 151491"It could be both, because Isaac's japanese name is Robin :troll:[/quote]
I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone brought that up. :rolleyes:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
But seriously, it can be, like KingShadow said, nothing or just a veteran with new animations.
And for newcomers, I think it needs to be a female because that figurine has the form of a woman, so ... I think it can be Lucina or Impa.
Figures are actually all male. I made a post on that on the last page, if you're interested.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bottom pic on the right looks like Wii Fit Trainer.
I don't think that's Wii Fit Trainer... maybe we should visit the official Wii Fit U website and check out the exercise animations and see if they match or not.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I theorize that Sakurai has been doing this since development of SSB64, and that's what inspired him to give the series its whole toy/trophy motif.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
This is a cool thread. I feel like it was a tweet but since it's not posted maybe not, but I remember a figure being shown by Sakurai where it looks like the character was crouched in an ape like pose, all I could think of was Dixie Kong. I've got to find it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is a cool thread. I feel like it was a tweet but since it's not posted maybe not, but I remember a figure being shown by Sakurai where it looks like the character was crouched in an ape like pose, all I could think of was Dixie Kong. I've got to find it.
I looked through literally every one of his images. Its not on his twitter. I'd be grateful if you found it, though.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I looked through literally every one of his images. Its not on his twitter. I'd be grateful if you found it, though.
Ok this is weird. I googled myself to find that post I made. It was on the Nintendo World Report forums In December 2012.

The direct link to that forum post is below. I'm Caterkiller. There were 2 pictures posted on his twitter at that time and one of them is gone now. I've got no reason to lie and I remember what I saw. A figure crouched down on it's knees with it's fists on the ground like that of an ape or a monkey. Of course Wii Fit Trainer may have a movement like that somewhere but that's exactly what I saw. I didn't make such a detailed comment about it because the picture was actually there.

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34785.200

That picture is gone and honestly even then I thought it was too telling.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I was going to say that the one on the right looks like Samus aiming her arm cannon, but then I realized she has her arm cannon on the other side.

EDIT: After seeing Pit's character page, I see him being in all those poses. The one on the left could be Pit jumping and using his arrow. The one on the right could be him with his blades in each hand.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ok this is weird. I googled myself to find that post I made. It was on the Nintendo World Report forums In December 2012.

The direct link to that forum post is below. I'm Caterkiller. There were 2 pictures posted on his twitter at that time and one of them is gone now. I've got no reason to lie and I remember what I saw. A figure crouched down on it's knees with it's fists on the ground like that of an ape or a monkey. Of course Wii Fit Trainer may have a movement like that somewhere but that's exactly what I saw. I didn't make such a detailed comment about it because the picture was actually there.

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34785.200

That picture is gone and honestly even then I thought it was too telling.
You have no idea what I'd do to see that image. Ugh.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I guess the one on the left could be Takamaru? I mean, it looks like he's holding a sword, and can't he shoot fireballs of some sort? Could be an aerial animation.

As for the lost monkey figure, couldn't that just be DK or Diddy?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm still thinking Mewtwo, honestly.
That pose is too Mewtwo not to be Mewtwo.
My problem with it being Mewtwo is his legs, Mewtwo's fat thighs can't bend that way. I'm also wondering why he'd clench his fist. It also doesn't look like any of his Melee moves, granted I too am expecting some new moves on him.

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I guess the one on the left could be Takamaru? I mean, it looks like he's holding a sword, and can't he shoot fireballs of some sort? Could be an aerial animation.

As for the lost monkey figure, couldn't that just be DK or Diddy?
Yes that is a real possibility. The only thing suspect is that it's gone now and we know they reuse assets for the characters so I could only assume it was for a new ape considering the pose. Still it could have been absolutely nothing.

I'll still hunt for it though. I might have saved it when I was trying to link the post back then.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I know the exact image you're talking about (I think). I remember seeing it posted on 4chan a couple of times when people were discussing how Sakurai poses characters, but now the image doesn't seem to exist anywhere. You're close on the pose, but it actually resembled the Seiza sitting position, which held a lot of meaning to Samurai warriors. This got some people speculating that Takamaru will be playable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiza

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom