• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai watching us?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sakurai is yo daddy
why he yo daddy?
cuz he did this to yo mama!
ya! yo mama!
yeah you suck
but yo mamma sweeet
you suck mang
yo mama

FAR OUT MAN YOU DO SUCK... not as good as yo momma.

Ah my freakin head... im so wasted!

-5 cookies to anyone who catches the reference

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Non-competitive smashers will never do that. They are cowards. They will die.
Sarcasm appreciated :) You seem to think I believe non competitive players to be drooling imbeciles who can't tell the c-stick from the x button.

I do not, for the obvious reasons.

Players who are just starting out will rarely jump out for the kill though, or they will use their double jump in the processs, or fast fall trying to do a dair spike.

All the above happened to me when I was more of a newbie than I am now.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
It may be reading too much into his words, but he says: "If recovering is a technique, then there must also be techniques to guard against recovery. Fierce aerial battles often rule the match!"

I would like to see more emphasis on chasing people off the edge rather than hanging out and waiting for them to come back. Off-the-edge battles are my favorite part of the game, but too often, they're less effective than the safer forms of edge guarding.
Well I think they might actually put more emphasis on aerial combat i.e. spiking and chasing to add a fresh aspect to the combat. You see how far mario's up b takes him in that screen shot? Maybe they are going to give every character formidable recovery in order to make chasing not AS risky but still exciting, while also making each character able to stay off the stage longer.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
remember how bad recovery was in SSB64? maybe this game will do to melee what melee did to brawl...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
remember how bad recovery was in SSB64? maybe this game will do to melee what melee did to brawl...
That makes no sense since you made a typo, and its a complicated phrase so im having trouble deciding what you actually meant..

Im guessing that you meant ''maybe this game will do to melee what melee did to ssb64''

So you're thinking improved recovery? bah I dunno, I call just plain I dont understand you on this one, but id like to so I hope you reply

D

Deleted member

Heck. I hope he doesn't write up EVERY technique.

My grandson's gonna be old before the page's complete!

Micahc

Smash Ace
Will someone connect recovery techniques and Sakurai stalking the SWF for me?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Well I think they might actually put more emphasis on aerial combat i.e. spiking and chasing to add a fresh aspect to the combat. You see how far mario's up b takes him in that screen shot? Maybe they are going to give every character formidable recovery in order to make chasing not AS risky but still exciting, while also making each character able to stay off the stage longer.
Thank you for someone bringing this up, the recovery move that Mario performs in the screenshot totally looks 1.5 times the distance of in Melee, I have not personally checked this out, but by eyeballing it. Notice also the in Brawl, 2 of the 4 Newcomers (or 5 if you include Zamus) are characters that have multiple jumps (like Kirby and Jigglypuff). I'm thinking that Sakurai DOES want Brawl to be more aerial-based, but who knows...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Thank you for someone bringing this up, the recovery move that Mario performs in the screenshot totally looks 1.5 times the distance of in Melee, I have not personally checked this out, but by eyeballing it. Notice also the in Brawl, 2 of the 4 Newcomers (or 5 if you include Zamus) are characters that have multiple jumps (like Kirby and Jigglypuff). I'm thinking that Sakurai DOES want Brawl to be more aerial-based, but who knows...
Sigh it looks that way, but it REALLY REALLY isn't. Marios UP B goes no farther than normal, just see how far it is in SSBM first.

Its possible though, because I think his recovery as a whole was better in ssb64 but I doubt his up b got any shorter in melee, its a pretty high third jump.

See, if he jumped with his UP B from here, then it would be much higher. I believe the reason behind your theory (ive seen it posted like 12 times now) is this screenshot.

Now lets look at when mario uses his up b.

Don't even need to explain. Judge the distance in that photo, then turn on your GC and go to final destination with mario and sweetspot his up b. Same distance.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Sigh it looks that way, but it REALLY REALLY isn't. Marios UP B goes no farther than normal, just see how far it is in SSBM first.

Its possible though, because I think his recovery as a whole was better in ssb64 but I doubt his up b got any shorter in melee, its a pretty high third jump.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. I also thought that Mario's SSB64 third jump was longer than in Melee, but I wasn't really sure about that either. I figured that maybe it WAS longer in 64, but shortened for Melee, and put back in Brawl, but I wasn't really sure...

Micahc

Smash Ace

See, if he jumped with his UP B from here, then it would be much higher. I believe the reason behind your theory (ive seen it posted like 12 times now) is this screenshot.

Now lets look at when mario uses his up b.

Don't even need to explain. Judge the distance in that photo, then turn on your GC and go to final destination with mario and sweetspot his up b. Same distance.
From what I can tell it's got more horizontal distance, but I've never played Mario enough to actually tell.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah, the distance is pretty muc the same, although Sakurai may be uber pro at smash with his crazy perfect sweetspotting abilites xD
lol, as if sweetspotting is hard :laugh:

I think that Sakurai would be better at JAPANEEEESSSSEEEE DI :psycho: :laugh:

Trust me ive played plenty of ssbm mario, its the same thing as in ssbm.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
From what I can tell it's got more horizontal distance, but I've never played Mario enough to actually tell.
This is like what you can do with the marios and the fire emblemers. You can preform your up-b in a more vertical way, but if you can fluidly up-b and slide the control stick to the side, marios/fire emblemers gain a little bit more horizontal distance, and a little less vertical distance. It just seems to have more horizontal distance that in Melee. I think the arguable "extension" in recovery moves can hint that we can expect a finely tuned aerial game. Speculation, don't flame me.

Edit: off-topic, Dylan Tnga has a sweet sig. Solid Snake will be the BOSS of brawl.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Is it safe to come out now.....?

Now that that brawl is over, i think its safe to post a comment....

ANOTHER MATCH WITH THE UNDEFEATABLE DYLAN!!!!

shame i didnt catch the beginning. and only the finale. . .

ONTOPIC: yeah, he is not American and does not write/speak Engrish well

Tru, but i guarantee Sakurai has people to take care of that sort of thing- they are reffered to as....Translators.
Technically they are Sakurai's words but i doubt hes the one translating it. In fact, i doubt his lazy @$$ is even the one posting on the site. He probably has some intern type for him.

Sakurai is my kind of man....

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
exactly. Sakurai is too busy adding himself as a playable character.

I know my new main...

I kid you not: if Sakurai was in the game, I would mauin him out of humor and 3 other reasons,.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Hah, I'd be glad if I found out he wasn't the one updating the site, that would mean he's putting more into Brawl for us. :)

Top Bottom