• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai: "Quickly input taunts ↑↓↑."

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
Wow ... Sakurai owns us all with a complete surprise: Samus can switch to Zamus mid-fight without a Smash Ball by inputting, of all things ... a TAUNT COMBINATION!

My hat is off to you, Sakurai ... and my power suit, too. :laugh:

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Well, this is unexpected... to say the least.

The only problem is, unlike PT and Zelda, this is a one-time deal (if the Smash Ball isn't on). If this tactic is going to be used competitively, you'll have to choose the right time to use it.

Peaquak

Smash Rookie
my guess is that you will be able to go back and forth.

Anyone else find it kind of amusing that its the same d-pad combination as extended grapple :p

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
He says, "It’s not easy, but how awesome is it that you can make Samus coolly switch between two completely different fighting forms!"
This could mean that it is possible to go back and forth. But then again, it could also mean just switching once. Why does he have to be so vague all the time... :ohwell: Well, by this morning (or maybe even within the next hour or two), people who have the game will be able to see if you can go back to Samus from ZSS or not, and report it on SmashBoards.
But this is awesome! It's actually NEW news on the DOJO, as this hasn't been found out and made public by anyone else, yet.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I doubt you can repair your armour without a smash ball.

This brings up alot of new strategies for samus, with no item battles she was stuck the way she was. But now she will have the choice to transform.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Wow, the game is still full of surprises, and the Dojo still has secrets to tell. Hopefully someone can confirm this in a video.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the game is still full of surprises, and the Dojo still has secrets to tell. Hopefully someone can confirm this in a video.
what, are you kidding? you'd rather take "confirmation" from a player made video over the dojo?

Kips

Smash Ace
HAHA THIS IS AMAZING! Yes, that's right, it deserves all capitals from me. This makes gameplay even more interesting then before- Go from quick combo player to a heavy finisher in an instant!

regorris

Smash Apprentice
what, are you kidding? you'd rather take "confirmation" from a player made video over the dojo?
I think what he's asking is "How hard is this to do? Does anyone have any experience performing this at rest or in a pinch?"

Additionally, is it possible to revert to Samus using the same technique? (I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to ask)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hmm... this changes the strategy of Samus lovers everywhere- IF you can revert back to Samus in some way. I love ZSS, but if anything, I'd rather have a way to go back to Samus from ZSS than vice versa- you could switch when your damage is high, since Samus is heavier than ZSS and can stay away from your opponent with long range moves, just to make sure you last longer and pile up some damage before they inevitably KO you.

Soon as someone figures out how to do that, if there is a way, ZSS will probably be my new #1. Well, tied. Sonic has to be my #1.

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
considering zss's final smash is the power suit transormation i doubt it can go both ways... but if i can somehow switch it looks like i may hav 2 throw samus onto my list of mains :D

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Can you do this while holding a smash ball? Make ur armor fall off, FS, then make that armor also fall off? Tons o pieces, lol.

ZodiacDragon1014

Smash Rookie
Just when you think its over Sakurai Telports behind you and Suplex you with more info XD
And who doesn't love that? I mean seriously! I had a similar idea for Samus transforming into Zamus by means of a taunt. This is close enough, and a very nice and welcome addition. I'd like to know if it works both ways, though. It'd be great if it did.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
No one has been able to transform from Zamus to Samus with this technique, but that doesnt make it impossible.....just very unlikely.

Chaosteil

Smash Rookie
I have tried it now, and what can I say... It's kinda easy to pull of the transformation with the wii+nunchuck, and so I can convert at any desired time. Anyway, as i tried to use the same combination with the same button-hammering technique, it just won't work. Either it does not work the other way around, or ZSS->Samus requires even speedier fingers to pull of.. Which I highly doubt.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Whoa, wait! This is perfect for 4-player matches! At least for me anyway, I'm sure many will disagree. Samus is a very good melee (er, now it's brawl?) fighter, but I've never been good with her 1 on 1. ZSS fits my style more. But now, I could be Samus until two people are out, then switch to ZSS. It's perfect!

...just flat out 1 on 1 though is a different story.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I have tried it now, and what can I say... It's kinda easy to pull of the transformation with the wii+nunchuck, and so I can convert at any desired time. Anyway, as i tried to use the same combination with the same button-hammering technique, it just won't work. Either it does not work the other way around, or ZSS->Samus requires even speedier fingers to pull of.. Which I highly doubt.
Did you try starting off the match as ZSS and then doing the taunt?

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
It's lame that you're stuck as ZSS for the entire rest of the match, even after death. Not that I don't like ZSS or anything, it's just weak that you're not given the option of changing back. The high damage from the re-transformation is what's so good about ZSS's final smash. They could've put in a no-damage version.

CasMat

Smash Cadet

Or a different taunt combination. ><> maybe?

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome for ZSS mains that suck with Samus, because now you can use her FS!

Before this news came out, I figured I'd never be able to use Zamus's FS, except for the final kill, because I suck with Samus. But now you can use Zamus's FS, deal the high damage, transform to Samus, then input the taunt combo to go back to Zamus. That's awesome!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya i was glad to see that i'll be extrealy happy if you can switch back and forth whenever you want will make samus very, very problematic for people.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
try like down up down or left right left.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I wonder why Sakurai always says she isn't a stout fighter? Is it because he just says it, or because she is intentionally a hani-capped character?

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why Sakurai always says she isn't a stout fighter? Is it because he just says it, or because she is intentionally a hani-capped character?
Its in comparison to Samus, because she is heavier, so she lasts longer. Zamus is light, so she'd die faster.

Probably also refers to their strength, since Zamus is fast with weak hits, and Samus is slower with stronger hits. But we all know that lots of weak hits can add up more than a few strong hits.

With all the nerfs I've been hearing about for Samus, I think Zamus will end up being the higher tier character, and we'll have the Sheik/Zelda thing all over again, where the transformation outshines the real character.

...Maybe.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
I doubt you can repair your armour without a smash ball.

This brings up alot of new strategies for samus, with no item battles she was stuck the way she was. But now she will have the choice to transform.
People doubted you could change into Zamus without the Smash Ball, but look what happened.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Its in comparison to Samus, because she is heavier, so she lasts longer. Zamus is light, so she'd die faster.

Probably also refers to their strength, since Zamus is fast with weak hits, and Samus is slower with stronger hits. But we all know that lots of weak hits can add up more than a few strong hits.

With all the nerfs I've been hearing about for Samus, I think Zamus will end up being the higher tier character, and we'll have the Sheik/Zelda thing all over again, where the transformation outshines the real character.

...Maybe.
but people will still play both because samus has one talent no-one beats her at...ranged fighting...

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Im just curious to how long it would have taken us to figure this out by ourselves without the DOJO telling us. Quite interesting... And I dont know why people are now saying Zamus will become peoples main now for because we already knew that 28th January when you hold down the shield button at the selection screen. Geez people, wake up...=]

Top Bottom