• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai exclaims, "Be patient," for new Smash Bros. game.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine...s-wii-u-release-date-be-patient-says-sakurai/ [rightw]
[/rightw]

Can't wait for the new Smash game for the Wii U to be released? Too bad. :glare:

Nintendo Power Magazine has released an article that talks about the new upcoming Smash game to be released in the future.

Sakurai, creator of the Smash Bros. series, was quoted saying this to Nintendo Power:

"We've just taken what you could call the first step of the process. This is the first time I've ever had my next project announced before it's even entered development, and because of that, I fear that players will be forced to wait even longer than they expect to. Please be patient."

Also, recall that Sakurai is gearing the new Smash Bros. game to be heavily influenced with the 3DS platformer.

It is safe to say that Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl will continue being the flavor of the current decade.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
"... This is the first time I've ever had my next project announced before it's even entered development ..."
Thats not true at all! For brawl, he wasn't even on the project when it was announced, but after it announced (at E3 was it?) he met with nintendo and they were like "yeah, we were kinda hoping you would lead the project"

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thats not true at all! For brawl, he wasn't even on the project when it was announced, but after it announced (at E3 was it?) he met with nintendo and they were like "yeah, we were kinda hoping you would lead the project"
...to be fair, it was NINTENDO that announced SSB3 ahead of time and not Sakurai (as you said, they just dragged him on last second).
But this time, it was SAKURAI who announced having potentially 2 Smash Bros. to look forward to ahead of time... haha. That guy is nuts.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm surprised people are just now reporting on this. The NP issue with that interview came out before E3. Nice to know that the we who hang out on the Wii U thread are ahead on a few things. lol

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
"We've just taken what you could call the first step of the process. This is the first time I've ever had my next project announced before it's even entered development, and because of that, I fear that players will be forced to wait even longer than they expect to. Please be patient."
I just hope the wait is worth it :glare:

Jcwest2007

Smash Cadet
Ughh

This game it's gonna be so bad.
Ughh, too bad ur right!

What say someone starts a facebook page; dedicated to suggesting whats needed to not F*up future smash.

Maybe a fan poll to pick a 3rd party fighter(like someone other than sonic/snake).

OR

Integrated custom soundtracks.

I'd hate to see them black ball O.G Smashers into buying a 3DS, only to experience a terrible game. and they know many of us will buy it on principal.

Don't let them sacrifice the Smash Bros franchise to save 3DS sales!

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Ughh, too bad ur right!

What say someone starts a facebook page; dedicated to suggesting whats needed to not F*up future smash.

Maybe a fan poll to pick a 3rd party fighter(like someone other than sonic/snake).

OR

Integrated custom soundtracks.

I'd hate to see them black ball O.G Smashers into buying a 3DS, only to experience a terrible game. and they know many of us will buy it on principal.

Don't let them sacrifice the Smash Bros franchise to save 3DS sales!
3ds sales don't need any saving, it's selling like hotcakes and has very little actual competition. (outselling vita 13-1)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
This game it's gonna be so bad.

I kinda hope the Melee scene would boycot the game, maybe Nintendo would get something. But it's going to sell like no tomorrow, and most people here end up buying the game anyway.

Personally, I'm interested in the game but I won't buy it. It's because I'm bored of video games and stuck on playing Melee which is like the only game I'm interested in. For this reason I probably won't get Wii U.

Also, I dream about seeing the development team's and Sakurai's faces if no one gave **** about the game and it would sell bad. People would be like "Yo, we still play Melee, we like difficult and competitive games"

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Please be patient. X)

If it's released too soon, then it will have less than what we wanted.

Jcwest2007

Smash Cadet
3ds

The devices are selling like hotcakes, but nintendo expected them to sell like crack.

Think about it, they announced plans to integrate the 3DS before even planning the game itself. They're giving themselves guidelines invovling the 3ds, which should be the most minute feature of the game.

The know smashers will want the full experience to some degree, and planned on exploiting that before conceptualizing the game.

E3's announcement reads like this to me. paraphrasing.

' 4th smash is coming out... we haven't planned **** yet, but we know your gonna need the 3DS."

Everyone knows that the Quake and 3DS bombing hurt Nintendo bad. However good they are selling now; nintendo still took their first loss ever- in any fiscal year. You think the King of the Gaming Industry will allow the 3DS to be remembered that way... I doubt it.

Trust me, im not hating but being speculative. I'm getting the 3ds anyway for Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Top Bottom