• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sago Lpc2

Sago

Smash Lord
It was a decent sized tournament in wisconsin
1.arty (IL)(falco)
2.Hunger(WI)(wario/snake/d3)
3.sago(WI)(samus/mk)
4.machinegunnorm(IL)(snake)

i only got 2 matchs recorded where i went samus. Hunger knows my samus like the back of my hand so that was out of the question.
arty 1-2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Xs1YPvKxg&feature=channel_page (MK)
arty 3-4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDen3onNOU4&feature=channel_page (samus)

Hunger 1-2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t19obtPtid4&feature=channel_page (MK)
Hunger3-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDen3onNOU4&feature=channel (mk/snake)

only 2 of the8 matchs i just posted are samus but i figured i would post the full sets.
i get so unlucky in match 2 of both:( and snake was a joke because knew hunger had won

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
yeaaa
I dunno, go Samus first? See how you do? You know Samus better than Metaknight

watching samus vids atm

-Do not jump so much when you're at higher percentages. You're too vulnerable in the air basically; if their kill move trades with you dair or whatever you'll die. You're better off playing safe with retreating bombs, dtilts/ftilts and LOTS of shielding at higher percents.

haha learn some grab setups throughout your matches. opponents will have shield habits; take advantage of this.

We need to figure out a good way to mess with phantasm, reverse shieldgrab it?

Uffe

Smash Hero
You need to deal with Illusions and Phantasms? Nair works, doesn't it? I know that Ness' nair, dair, PKT2 and PKFl stop Fox or Falco's foward B. PKF also works wonder. I know Ness and Samus aren't the same, but it's worth a shot testing out.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
basically
nair is dumb vs moves

phantasm is quick. it's vulnerable on the startup, invincible when he first starts going horizontally and starts being able to be hit about halfway.
but it is very quick, and has small landing lag but not a whole lot.

you could try laying bomb traps, actually, then grabbing/following up with w/e

it's impossible to answer phantasm when in the air pretty much, so don't jump too much. maybe you can fit in one homing missile or blast but then you want to punish that phantasm.

if they get the ledge they usually phantasm anyway.

we need to learn a good way to stop it.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
you can't be seriously saying that laying a bomb is better than nairing vs phantasm

shoot uncharged shot to intercept falco and punish, shield dash away and buffer shield drop to fsmash or dsmash to punish, dash to pivot grab.

i dont know why sago tried to sh smash missile against phantasm every time. it's not safe and hardly works because smash missile is much to slow and her jump is much too high.

also you tried to sh dair his phantasm, and at one point you did, but you did not jab lock.

btw nice grab game, you didnt grab him much at all.. some of the moves that you rolled away from could have been grabbed on block

but take my advice with a grain of salt because i dont play much anymore

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
if they can hit. super missiles have the unfortunate stats of being somewhat small and samus's sh is too high. falco can usually phantasm under them.

nair doesn't technically lead into anything.

bomb can technically lead into anything. yeah i know you're not likely to kill with samus until 150 but bomb+dsmash i'd like better than nair+shielded dsmash attempt

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
super missles stop OVER B.
sure, you can super missile his over b but your taking a risk imo. it could be just that the falco that i play knows the matchup but when i play him or falco period for that matter their not going to try to over b through a super missile. they will usually reflect them right back at me. i mean just think of the timing. if on stage, a falco has more time to react to you firing a super missile then you have time to super missile his over b. the only way i see that working is if falco is recovering and even then they usually have time to reflect a super missile and still recover with up b. i would much rather nair, neutral b, homing missile, or even zair rather than get hit with my own projectile. but in any case, im sure there are certain instances where super missile is best.

@sago:

i only watched the first game or i guess it was game 3 when you and arty played at bf and i must say good job against a falco. you have had enough critiquing so ill leave that out. o and nice 57% combo on him at 3:14. it was sexy.

Top Bottom