• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

SethT

Smash Ace
Had a lot of fun today. Guess I'll kinda throw in some small shoutouts.

Apollo: Good to see you in good shape once again :D Didn't get to vs you, tis a shame. Good match between you and Nova, gratz on the win :3 Your ZSS and co still kicking that ***, so pro.

Eagle: Man, you ***** me hard first set. I wasn't gonna let you take me that easily :3 Sorry for the rainbow ride cp, felt like a prick for it D: Good to see you as always :D Gotta do some ranked matches on LoL. Nice Fox btw :D

W150: Where the **** were you D:?

Grim: Good to see you :D! GIMME PROJECT MELEE <3 I must say I have fallen in love. I'm gonna make my mario hell beast :D!

Nova: Damn your snake is so pro, just quietly. Actually everything you play is pro so w/e lol. Can't even touch that ****. Lol'd at the Perfect Dark (or w/e the hell the game was called) shennaigans. Good to see you in better health :D!

Ghost: Good Games :D your mks pretty mad. Damn your even more beastly at melee + P:M though. good seeing you as always :3

Jamage: Good seeing you as well :D! Sucks I didn't get a chance to vs you in brawl, good P:M games though. Your Cpt Falcon is pretty beastly. Didn't get a chance to see you play brawl.

Gears/Kid that ***** me at Capcom vs something 3: Sorry about not playing you in friendlies. Hardcore ***** me in that other game. Good seeing you.

Eagles bros: Good seeing you as always :D If we've all learnt something today, its easy to pick up chicks with shuffling :D! Gotta play you on LoL sometime as well.

Techa: GG's :3 I had fun with your tourny. Good Games, had fun.

Silent Angel: Sorry about 4 stocking you with my Mario.

Ant: Sup, saw you like, twice :(

That random pikachu that almost beat me: **** me, that was close.

Everybody else: GG's, If i've forgotten you, throw something abusing me and I'll edit some shizz in.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Good tourney guys, thanks to all of you for attending today.

I have some matches that have been recorded, notably Aces vs Eagle (winners bracket), Nova vs Jamage and the finals between Nova and myself. I'll upload those soon.

Brawl side of things were pretty fun, it was good to see some more new guys get decent like Gears and that pikachu dude Aces had trouble with.

Project M, I finally got to try it out, and somehow won that tourney as well. I agree with Nova that sheik has become even more broken in this game to the point where one f-tilit= half a stock. Mario's cape also destroys falcon's recovery and I'd imagine a fair few others as well because it has become more difficult to sweetspot the edge. Mario's cape has some weird physics now.

Perfect Dark was fun as, 'twas good destroying in the first round and then being destroyed in the second round. Finals were good fun, except when being spawned in the most dumbest spots and dying immediately from someone with an overpowered gun. You played well Nova. Btw what was your console prize?

Kudos to Grim, Ghost, Aces, Eagle, Jamage, Tech and Nova today. Ima sheik f-tilt my way to victory next time ;)

Results will be posted soon when Jamage gets the bracket up.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Mario's cape also destroys falcon's recovery and I'd imagine a fair few others as well because it has become more difficult to sweetspot the edge. Mario's cape has some weird physics now.
I can explain the new physics. Mario's cape now reverses DI, as well as direction. So if you are holding towards the stage when you get caped, you are suddenly treated as holding away from the stage.

It's certainly not an unwinnable match-up though. Unless the Mario wall-jump camps :p

Kudos to Grim, Ghost, Aces, Eagle, Jamage, Tech and Nova today. Ima sheik f-tilt my way to victory next time ;)
I'll beat you next time, just need to CP more intelligently (not small stages) and play campier.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Shout-out time!

Ant: You have mad Guitar Hero skills! Too bad we only played Smash together in the FFA.

Jamage: We had some awesome 3am friendlies! And thanks for the tips! :D

Apollo: When I saw your finals match against Nova, I couldn't believe my eyes! You're an amazing player! Was fun having some Project M and Perfect Dark matches with you.

Nova: We only had a couple of matches for the Brawl tourney. You're snake is so good. I didn't even get a stock off you. D:

Grim: We didn't have any brawl friendlies, but thanks for the bringing Project M! Too bad I couldn't get it off you.

Ghost: Didn't get any friendlies with you. We will next time.

Aces: Was disappointed that we couldn't have those friendlies. We fun playing MvC3 with you.

Techa: We didn't have much friendlies, but we had some good team moments.

Eagle: Saw a couple of matches. We haven't even talked to each other yet. Would love to have some friendlies with you next lan/meet.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I guess I'll do shout-outs too:

Gears: We didn't play much, though from what I saw, your Wario is improving :)

Ant: Disappointed you didn't play Brawl :c I hope you enjoyed being infinite'd in Melee though :)

Jamage: I wanted to do R.O.B. dittos... :c Thanks for running the Melee and PM tournaments with me.
Apollo: We had some fun friendlies. I'll beat your Sheik next time :p

Nova: I am so inconsistent at the Marth match-up. Sometimes I beat you, sometimes I get 3-stock'd >_> Peach is gay, as always, hopefully my Puff will be able to deal with her. Your sound effects are hilarious.

Toastbone: Fun friendlies. Never lose to Aces again. EVER. Grats on doing well against Apollo.

Aces: Buy NTSC Brawl and get good at PM Mario!

Techa: I hope you enjoy PM! :D

Eagle: Fun friendlies. Quit Brawl, play Melee.

Reaper/Whatever the **** your new name is and Brutal: That Alien game was funny :p

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Eagle: Saw a couple of matches. We haven't even talked to each other yet. Would love to have some friendlies with you next lan/meet.
Cheagle's like that; shy at first.
But then he warms up to people.
And when that happens he becomes obsessive & domineering - I almost need fly spray to get rid of him sometimes. :/

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Cheagle's like that; shy at first.
But then he warms up to people.
And when that happens he becomes obsessive & domineering - I almost need fly spray to get rid of him sometimes. :/
Haha, I'll keep that in mind next time I see him. :p

Nova

Banned via Warnings

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Great Lan with good attendance :D

EAGLE WON THE MAJOR DOOR PRIZE:
Some sort of 1080p media center for PC or something. Pick it up next lan.

Project M rocks! Falcon is back FEAR THE KNEE
Project M gave me some of my Melee skills back quicker when ive actually been playing melee lately :surprised:

I was happy with my performance in Brawl doubles winning with Ant and coming 2nd in FFA but after only 2 hours sleep I failed in the 1v1.

FFA Finals Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieBPg2qQPMY

Post full results and 2v2 finals 2moro.

Shoutouts:

Ant: great teaming with you again, were getting decent as a team I think. I just gotta work on a few team tactics. Your still a beast.
As if you beat me in melee :glare: Puff :mad:

Nova: i got the upper hand on you when we went it was just us left in a ffa round but you probly wernt really trying anyway and I was already in the lead. Then in the 1v1 you beat me worse than ive EVER been beaten before. I was playing absolutly horribly after 2 hours sleep but you were playing like a boss after even less sleep. Uber skills man :awesome:
Nice job on the recording

Ghost: Nice games in all forms of smash. ROFL @ our brawl set and me failing horribly with my main Rob but then beating you and nearly winning the set with DDD who I only picked up the night before after watching a few vids and playing a few games against cpu's. Ive probly played DDD less than 15 times ever and never in a tourney.
That last KO sucked. I hate MK's upB

Grim: Ill play you again asap I was just feeling and playing like total crap on sat.
Rob dittos are bad ive played agaisnt a decent Rob in a tourney (and won) but ill still definatly give it a go.
Falcon ditto's in project M > Smash itself
Cheers for helping run comps. Youve still got some things to learn though that ive learned from experience and ill tell you when I next see you or on msn :cool:

Cheagle: Nice games in the brawl doubles. Your fox caught me off guard a bit in the 3rd round in the start. Your Fox > your DK imo although DK is still an angry ape.
Nice shine lock. I was too far away to make the save.
Pick up your door prize next Lan.

Techa: Pity you didnt meet my DDD. Stay with Snake in brawl and Falcon in everything else.
Nice Falcon dittos also.

Gears: Where the hell did that Wa.wa.Wario come from. Much better than your G&W already.
I went from teaching you how to use G&W now you could probly show me a thing or 2 with Wario.

Apollo: Still havnt played you in ages :( Dam that power blackout.
Nice job winning the 1v1 and nice job on the recording.

Aces: Another person I didnt get a chance to play in Brawl as I was mainly busy with running the console area. Definatly soon
Project M was good though. Falcon Knee just too good.

2SXC Dave: still the man in melee atm your Falcon is too good. Champion dude also.

Dwarf and Supreem D should get more into it and post on here as should MD Linaz and his mate Morgz as they all definatly have smash skill but need to learn alot more

Im VERY tired atm so if ive forgotten anyone/anything or got any info wrong I apologize.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Uhh yeah, I just changed that, dunno how that happened.

And also, mega lol @ this random message I was given:

Your video, SSBM: Nova (Peach) v Grim Tuesday (Ice Climbers) , may include content that is owned or administered by these entities:

* Entity: UMG Content Type: Sound Recording

As a result, your video is blocked in these locations:
Germany

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I played so pathetically. Sure I haven't played since SGX but I really shouldn't have lost to those guys.

It was embarrassing :urg:

Project M is pretty good though, I only played a few games but Lucas is really fun.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Girls don't fart, nor do they exist on the Internet.
Hai Church.
Oh you should ask ricky o.o lulul

And sorry dude, i wish mk wasnt soo overused either. But then again, if he were banned all you would see is marth spam probs

Oh wait, i forgot. Diddy is more broke actually.

SethT

Smash Ace
Well considering the top 2 in SA **** Mk's for breakfast lunch and tea :( he can't be THAT op.

+ I'm learning Diddy.

SethT

Smash Ace
I liked the good ol days where I was the only MK in SA... and I didn't know he was broken...

good times....

Eagle

Smash Lord
God damn it Grim! I realised the moment I posted, after like 3 seconds I changed it! HOW DID YOU SEE IT!?

Eagle

Smash Lord
You must have got soooooome shoutouts. I mean, unless you were only giving shoutouts to a couple of people and they didn't bother doing it back..

Now I feel guilty for not responding to shoutouts.

SethT

Smash Ace
how inconsiderate of them :( o-o I must meet this... earl person.

Grims lies, he has an auto refresh addon that automatically detects when people make mistakes.

I'M SORRY EAGLE D:! I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO PICK IT BUT I HAD TO D:

gz on door prize though, karma rewarded you for having to put up with my evil cp's

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well I got annoyed since i made a huge list of shoutouts, and those who did shoutouts back only 2/9 of them gave me one back.

Then yeah, I got sad and never did them again. But i might leave a couple sometimes ;o.

I'll bring earl one time when he feels like going to a tournament there lol, and maybe when I got more moneys...

At least my birthday is soon and then I get a pay rise at work! <3

SethT

Smash Ace
Hrm, I give shoutouts to let people know I had fun more so then anything else. Whether they give them back is their business. They might not be the happy go lucky shoutout type :3 who knows. It certainly brightens ones day knowing that one gets acknowledged though.

Totz bring him :D I would indeed like to meet him
and watch him beat nova :D

EDIT! DAMMIT EAGLE, THAT SIG IS SO BAD

I'm going to make you a new one. Lataz

SethT

Smash Ace
Your funny mason :D

Pshhhhshshshs Eagle. Its not bad :( Small things bother me, that is all.

Top Bottom