• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.Y.M.I. 5- The Aftersmash- You wa Shock!!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So we had an awesome turnout. 37 entrants for both events in Singles. Melee teams had 16 entrants, and PM teams had 11 entrants. A LOT of new faces at the tournament. Some who showed that they were forces to be reckoned with. Some who dusted off the old controller and proved they can still hold their own in Melee.

All-in-all, it was a great time. I want to thank everyone that came out, and those that helped. Especially Chibo + Vex.

Original Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...-feat-jreed-cruzycakes-lawn-easton-pa.358633/
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/251012018427397/

PM Singles (37 Entrants):

The Game Gallery PM Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
NME Xzax
$222.00
1st
ES|Cruzy Cakes
$222.00
3rd
ES|Deff
$37.00
4th
CT Vex
5th
ES|Ca$h
5th
Pluid
7th
ES|Lite
7th
ThunderSt0rm
9th
Omega Muffin
9th
Shug

PM Doubles (11 Entrants):

1: Vex+Xzax
2: Team Mild and Not Spicy (ES|Cruzycakes + ES|Tempestt)
3: Team Invasion (ES|Lite + ES|Ca$h)
4: Team Scheme (ES|Deff + ES|Griffy)
5: Samus and the Baby
5: Well Balanced Breakfast
7: Goin for it
7: Team One
9: Cube
9: Tabitha
9: The Agatha Christie Boys

Melee Singles (37 Entrants):

The Game Gallery Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
CT Vex
$222.00
2nd
CopyCat
$111.00
3rd
NME Xzax
$37.00
4th
ES|Cruzy Cakes
5th
Snaz
5th
Pluid
7th
Big Tex
7th
Lawn Ninja
9th
ES|Griffy
9th
Totallybutts

Melee Doubles (16 Entrants):

1: Charles in Charge (Copycat + Vex)
2: City Wok (ES|Cruzycakes + ES|Lite)
3: Team Scheme (ES|Deff + ES|Griffy)
4: Bob The Builder
5: Reserved Rat
5: We'll F- you up
7: Team Jedi C4
7: Samus and her OTP
9: Cube
9: How Does This Paste?
9: Magnum Dong
9: Dad Olympics
13: Yun
13: Super Smash Grieco Bros
13: Gold Team
13: Forks Crew

If you have a claim to a team or character, please let me know. I had a great time, and thank you everyone for coming out to this one.

Last edited:

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Shout outs time!!!

There were a LOT of people, and I was dumb busy, so I'm sorry if I get names wrong, or miss anyone.

Xzax- Thanks for coming out to this. You've gotten a lot better overall, and I can tell you're only going to improve. Keep up the hard work. You were definitely mad chill, and everyone from Easton thought so, too. The diner afterwards was cool. You will pay for teams, lol.
Vex- Thanks for the input on seeding. Thanks for coming out. I'll be sure to have something for Ganon next time we meet. Good stuff on winning and placing in money every event. You and Cruz, man. Again. Diner.
Chibo- The man!! Thanks for stepping in while I had matches to play and the PM seeding input. Was good chillin with you again. The Diner Crew!!
Thunderstorm- Good stuff and nice Charizard! It was nice meeting you. You were also part of the Diner Crew!
Pluid- This man came in like a hurricane demanding to be known. Good stuff. You were mad cool, and on top of that your mom supported you and was patient. Give her a big thanks.
Best Name Ever- You put up a hard fight. I hope to see you again.
Roxas- I hate Marth, lol. Good stuff, though. Looking forward to seeing you again. You fought extra hard.
Ink- If you keep it up, you'll get better in no time. Just remember to practice your tech skill, and learn where to apply some of the ATs. You already have your spacing down. That's a good deal of the battle.
Omega Muffin- You put in work! I know it had to have been rough facing Ca$h. He adapts well enough, that's for sure.
Snaz- Good stuff. Once I get ditto practice you're mine, lol.

Easton Smashers that are "Easton Smash" Crew- It was good to see everyone playing. There was the one dude, whose tag I can't remember, but I played casuals with you for a couple hours the day before. You're gonna be pretty beastly once you learn your ATs. Keep up the hard work.

Easton Smash-specific shoutouts:
Cruzycakes- My first time teaming with you. I'm sorry we didn't win. Good stuff on placing in EVERY event. You played extremely well, but you still seemed a bit off. You should start splitting Melee time in with training. I could use the partner.
Griffy- You did great. It sucks you had to leave for work. I know you would have placed higher in PM. Team Scheme is a threat, though. We should play Melee, too.
Ca$h- You...you suck for not playing Melee today, lol. Good stuff in teams. A shame you were a combo video for me in winners and it didn't get recorded. =P Glad to see you calmed down enough to beat Lite, but you gotta push yourself.
Lite- You're scary. VERY scary. You were on some other stuff, and if you keep that up, you'll go even further. Good stuff in teams. It seemed you were doing a bit worse in Losers Finals. At least to me, anyway.
Deff- BOOOOOOOZER!!! Son, Winners Finals with Bowser? I know you're just mellowed out when playing, but I think you could have been in GFs with it. =)
Tempestt- You suck.
Jreed- Missed you, homie
Vino- That Sonic that did better than M2K and Armada against Emukiller!! Missed you, too.
Uchi- Just because you deserve a shout out. Go to this man's tournament on the 16th!!!
Lawn Chair- You wouldn't have won, anyway. <3

To everyone else- It was amazing having everyone there. The setups were appreciated. Keep an eye out for the next one!!

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
What's the progress of the videos being uploaded?

BestNameEver

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gunter7-14-10
All the matches I played on the stream I lost XD

I can't believe I lost that set with Pluid after such a great comeback. The tide is not easily turned in Jigglypuff dittos. Put waaaay too much faith in Jiggs after winning game 2 so narrowly. Should have gone for Marth or Young Link....GG still Pluid

As for PM, it's too bad I never beat Thunderstorm's Charizard. We played like 10 friendlies matches before our tourney match, and I just couldn't quite do it. Not knowing how to edgeguard Charizared at all didn't help. At least I learned Charizard has a deadly tech chase game.

Top Bottom