• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

?'s bout Tauros... & other pkmns (FR/LG)

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
1. Are there any good sets for Tauros you can reccommend? It has really good stats, but a really crap movepool...so what's the best moveset possible for him? I'm thinking:

Tauros:
Earthquake
-----
-----
-----

2. Any advantages for using Nidoqueen over Nidoking?

3. What's a good set for Dewgong? So far I have:

Dewgong:
Toxic
Surf
Ice Beam
----

4. Would Houndoom & Vileplum be good choices for Sunnybeamers?

5. Any good Rapidash sets? Same problem as Tauros. Crap movepool.

thx in advance

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Tauros has Earthquake, Return, and... filler, filler. Go for Substitute and swordsdance maybe.

Basestats: Nidoking
HP: 81
Att: 92
Def: 77
Spd: 85
Sp Att: 85
Sp Def: 75

Basestats: Nidoqueen
HP: 90
Att: 82
Def: 87
Spd: 76
Sp Att: 75
Sp Def: 85

If you dont know what a basestat is, it's pretty much a pokemon's stats compared with others. So the higher the number, the higher the stat. :/

Dewgong: Surf, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Sheer Cold
Bleh. Basically, you Surf and Icebeam. If those aren't usable, try to paralyze with Body Slam. If you're feeling lucky, go for Sheer Cold.
PS: 8x resistance to fire and ice!

Go for it.

Flamethrower, Double Team, Hypnosis/Toxic, Protect/Body Slam.
Wow. What crappy HP.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Great moveset for Tauros. Here ya go.

Tauros

Item: King's Rock or Leftovers

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Body Slam
Horn Drill/Fissure/ Swords Dance *you stole my thunder Common*

If there's a chance that you can immoblize your opponent with Body Slam and then make him flinch with Rock Slide, well then you have it made in the shade bro. Not to mention also that paralyse will take effect every now and then. With that being said, your Leftovers will give you every bit of energy that you need. I hope this helped.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Aww, you two took the fun out of it now I only get to help withv the little scraps : (

Houndoom's Spec. Attack is a little higher than Vileplume's, but Vileplume wouldn't be another fire type and would have a stronger Solarbeam because the attack and pkmn are the same type. Then again, I don't know whether you plan to use one or both of the pokemon.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
1. Tauros has 110 base Speed, tying with Gengar and Espeon. It doesn't need to paralyze things to outspeed them. Flinch haxing with anything not named Dunsparce or (kinda) Togetic usually doesn't get you anywhere.

Tauros @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Return/Double Edge
- HP [Ghost] if you can get it. Otherwise Iron Tail
- Sleep Talk/Fire Blast

Eh. Standard. I know from too much experience that breeding for a specific Hidden Power is a pain in the ***. If you don't want to, just go with Iron Tail. It's not like Gengar's going to live through either one. Sleep Talk is to eat Milo's Hypnosis and Fire Blast is for Skarm, who's going to like coming in on your other 3 moves. If you don't have access to Ruby/Sapphire for Choice Band, just go with Leftovers I guess. Then you can go Substitute in the last slot too.

And @ the people above who suggested it, do enlighten me on how you'd get Swords Dance on a Tauros...

2. No. Well, I guess Nidoqueen can Counter better. But Counter on either one usually = fail. Either way, both the Nidos were banished to UU forever after they lost Lovely Kiss. :( And Morning Sun/Moonlight. And the fact that before, they could effectively **** on both ends of the attack spectrum. Nowadays, you see Nidoqueen/king, chances are, it's gonna be carrying CB =/ Oh and Nidoqueen doesn't learn Megahorn. :(

3. If you have other methods of taking down bulky waters, then Surf/Ice Beam/Rest/Sleep Talk. If you don't, then Toxic will work, but the above is standard for bulky water sets, so the only waters you'll catch with Toxic are Milotic and the occasional Lanturn. Orrr if you wanna hax, Rest/Sleep Talk/Horn Drill/Sheer Cold. Lol. No one likes OHKOs though, and anything with Sturdy comes in easily. I've always liked Dewgong. It's fun to use. It has cool moves like Perish Song and Encore. :)

4. One of them... don't use both. Or are you debating which one to use? If it's ingame and you're too lazy to breed for HP [Fire] on Vileplume like I am, then I'd go with Houndoom. If you do happen to have a Vileplume with HP [Fire or Ice] with decent power, then go Plume, as it is the better Sunnybeamer thanks to Chlorophyll. For Plume, Sunny Day/Solarbeam/HP [Fire or Ice]/Sleep Powder. For Houndoom, Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Flamethrower/Crunch.

5. Good Rapidash set is kinda oxymoronic =/ Rapidash does suffer the same issue asa Tauros and just about every fire Pokemon in the game, but unfortunately Rapidash doesn't have Tauros's stats to remedy that. I guess you can run the Houndoom set I gave earlier with Hypnosis over Crunch... But a better option is Hypnosis/Overheat/Iron Tail/Hidden Power [Fighting or Rock]. Rapidash's craptacular movepool is extremely hard to remedy without Hidden Power, but if you really wanted to, I guess you can (lol) Double Kick.. Quick Attack can kill Reversalers too. I'm assuming you only have access to FRLG, but if you have XD, Rapidash gets Baton Pass, which opens some possibilities with Agility and Substitute.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
thx for that. Couple more...-_-

6. What is a good Ninetales set? I was thinking of trapping with Toxic & Fire Spin, but I would like a better option. Which of the 2 sets would be better? Or any better sets?

1. Flamethrower
WoW/Confuse Ray
Toxic
Fire Spin/Confuse Ray

2. Flamethrower
WoW/Cray
Safeguard
Roar/Grudge

7. Why does nobody use Flareon? Its stats are not bad IMO. 130 base Att, 95 base Sp. Att, 110 base Sp. Def. Its movepool isn't the best, but isn't it still useable at least?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I dunno about ninetails. I never use it. Flareon, however, I can answer. It doesn't get a very good movepool... at all. Its only stat up move is curse, and it can't even use its STAB with its best stat.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Leave the toxitrapping to GSC. Ninetales's Grudge is very nice for setups for the rest of the team. I'd definitely include that. An Earthquakeless Snorlax has nothing on Tyranitar or Metagross, which is your cue to set up appropriately. Permanently removing Seismic Toss on Blissey is also invitation for any Calm Mind special sweepers to come set up as well. I'd go with WoW, Grudge, Flamethrower, Hypnosis/Substitute. Confuse Ray can mess up your Grudge, so I wouldn't go with that. If you want to block status, Substitute > Safeguard in almost every aspect. Hypnosis is an option, since they'll switch to something for you to burn. Roar is kinda iffy on Ninetales, as most of the things that you'll want to phaze kill Ninetales rather quickly (DDmence, DDtar, Curselax if it has eq, Agiligross, etc.)

Top Bottom