• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu's Video critique thread

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
are you kidding me your new?

what the heck

yo, you guys are both beasts

whats left to improve is probably play better players

but from what i see, beasts

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
theyre in italy

so isnt that the pal version?

in pal version all you gotta do is press a a a and you dont have to hold it and it does it automatically wether you hit someone or not

or so i've heard

Turazrok

Smash Master
theyre in italy

in pal version all you gotta do is press a a a and you dont have to hold it and it does it automatically wether you hit someone or not

or so i've heard
It doesn't HAVE to be the PAL version, but most likely. Even so, solid gameplay for the most part. I saw a rapid punch at one point. Avoid that, but I only saw it once. Use more nair.

-MCT-

Smash Cadet
theyre in italy

or so i've heard
Well yes, I also heard that gentlemens are waaaaaay easier in the PAL version. I tried playing NTSC a couple of times, and the timing was totally different. I pulled it off once or twice by pure chance...

Anyway, good thing Falcon's becoming pretty popular here in Italy, I main him too but I'm still not as good as them... gotta work on my tech skill

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
For a long time I never understood why there was so much discussion on smashboards about gentlemen techniques and how hard it was. Then I discovered that it's because it's so easy to do in pal version.

Thank god I live in a pal region :).

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea but after some practice, its not that bad really

i barely ever miss it, and if i do, usually its because i want to

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hey, u guys are pretty good. Your falcons are really fast, and apparently you know the mechanisms of the game well,, and yes getting the gentleman down like that in the ntsc version is very hard.

The only real improvement i could c being done is maybe getting in longer combos.. It can be hard doing it on another falcon i know, but i've seen it done...

S l o X

Smash Champion
Haha I've been playing for 8 months as well, have no videos up and I'm definitely worst. (have nobody to play johns) From what I see, your pretty good. Try not to tech into a Falcon, from there you give him too many options of ****. (wall??? not even sure the appropriate name for it) tech his d-smashes at the ledges...or try to. Space b-airs and approach with n-airs. Work on tech chase game. Everything else is more or less ****.

How to gentleman? ): (NTSC)
(lol I think I should secondary Falcon, he's probably my forth best character and is super fun)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
There are three ways to gentleman in NTSC.

Do it slower, with space in between each jab, and you can gentleman just by tapping A three times, and you don't have to hit anyone.

Tap a three times and hold a for a long enough period of time the third time. Annoying because if you don't hold long enough he'll launch into rapid jabs, solvable by learning the timing(a bit difficult) or by holding shield and a so you can see the shield pop up when it's done, and then wavedash or jump out of it.

Tap a twice, and then hit shield, let go, and hit a. No timing involved, but takes some practice, and harder toremember in the heat of the moment.

Top Bottom