• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Ryu Combo Thread

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
You can also do a Strong D-Tilt -> Strong true Shoryuken. (+ 3 Damage (25), kills earlier)
The trick is: When do D-Tilt keep holding A and DO NOT release it. Input 6 2 3 and press B (still keep holding A)
So you release the strong true Shoryuken with B.

If you release A before u press B you end up with a weak true Shoryuken or a slow true Hadouken.

I found it out against a Olimar with more than 100%.

Edit: looks like you can not pull it of against every character (some not at high %)
Nice find, negative edge has been a real pain with Dtilt 2. This is solid work around, good work!

Bergbuur

Smash Rookie
U2 (Uppercut) |
  • U2 → Shoryuken
    • 12%, Shoryuken Followup (20% Max)
    • Stops working at around ~80%
    • Damage varies depending on Shoryuken input and opponent's height
| 6/23/2015

its possible to deal 30% when the opponent has 0 - 3 % damage (depending on opponent's character, against some of the cast 20% is the Max., tested with Ryu & G&W)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Guys I been working on maximizing my damage with Ryu from u-tilt combos, cross up fair, Focus attack level 3 and Focus Attack level 2. My personal goal was to make sure I was converting to at least 30% damage each time whenever possible and to make the combos practical. Ryu has alot of Nair into Fair stuff but I find it super inconsistent and DI dependent. I wanted stuff more reliable and I'm finding he has solid combos at various percents that net over 40%. Will post later but I think we all need to experiment with cross up fair into footstools as well as fair chains. Stuff like that is just really really consistent.

GuardianGallade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crazyhairdude
3DS FC
3325-2538-6421
So in case anyone somehow hasn't heard, the latest patch added a new mechanic for shield stun that gives multi-hit moves a huge buff. I've already seen a video of someone covering combos Ryu can do out of an aerial red fireball on a grounded opponent pre-patch, and I was wondering if anyone would investigate what more we can do to shielded opponents with this new patch. Red fireball to shield break true combo, anybody? (That one specifically probably doesn't work but it would be ridiculous if it did)

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
So in case anyone somehow hasn't heard, the latest patch added a new mechanic for shield stun that gives multi-hit moves a huge buff. I've already seen a video of someone covering combos Ryu can do out of an aerial red fireball on a grounded opponent pre-patch, and I was wondering if anyone would investigate what more we can do to shielded opponents with this new patch. Red fireball to shield break true combo, anybody? (That one specifically probably doesn't work but it would be ridiculous if it did)
https://youtu.be/tkLuMLkMH-g
This is pre patch. That shield breaker is likely a true combo now.

MrShowBoat

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble connecting a Light Down Tilt to Medium Down Tilt, any tips?

showmeyaryuken

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble connecting a Light Down Tilt to Medium Down Tilt, any tips?
That was one of the easier combos for me to get the hang of. Just hold down and tap attack, then press it hard. What happens when you try to input?

I've been going over the whole list on the first page and had a lot of trouble with Jab 1 → Shoryu and Jab 1 → Tatsu. I tried slowing down to 2/3, and once I executed reliably I put it back up to full speed. It was a big help so I recommend that approach when practicing any combo.

Last edited:

Neutricity

Smash Apprentice
I think its about time we had an "Advanced Combo Thread". What do you think HoodedAltair HoodedAltair ?
I'm sure if we worked at it then jab locks and foot stools could be our new Meta.

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
I think its about time we had an "Advanced Combo Thread". What do you think HoodedAltair HoodedAltair ?
I'm sure if we worked at it then jab locks and foot stools could be our new Meta.
Fear not. I'm making a video very soon to cover the advanced combos. It will be very similar in production to this video so a lot of documentation will be done. Making a new thread is not up to me but I'd gladly participate

Last edited:
Top Bottom