• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RYU BnB discovery thread

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Ryu has just come out, but we don't know his BnB combos. This thread is designed to have anyone who wants to help test ryu help us find some BnB combos. Just make sure that if you post them, make sure someone hasn't already mentioned said combo.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
Just turned on WiiU to check percentages for mario. I don't know if you can DI but I post what I found.
1 or 2 weak d-tilt to up-B/side-b | works at any percentage
weak up-tilts to up-b/side b | works at any percentage
weak up-tilt to grab | works at any percentage
strong d-tilt to b (hold)/ side b/ up b | worked until 33%
uncharged down b to forward air | works until 15%
sweetspot with downair on grounded opponent can lead to (weak up tilt to) up b when activated just before landing. | works at any percentage but up-b loses it sweetspot after 110% you can try to jump but its not true after 115%
thats all I got for now I'm so tired right now :O

TheConfuZzledDude

Smash Cadet
NNID
ConfuZzledDude
3DS FC
1246-8704-7777
Fastfalling the first hit of U-air will combo into any d-tilt/u-tilt starter combo at any percent

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
Im gunna try to post what hasnt already been mentioned.

Strong utilt to shoryu, stops working at higher percents when the opponent is too high for a held shoryu to reach.

Level 2 or 3 focus attack to input dp (forward down forward a/b) level one may work, havent tested.

Light dtilt x2-3, grab

Dthrow into shoryu, uair or sometimes utilt.

Nair to jab combo, heavy jab may work sometimes.

Dash attack to fair or dash attack (not guaranteed, you could bait an airdodge though. Low percents required)

Cancelable moves:
1st light jab
Light dtilt
Heavy dtilt
Light utilt
Heavy utilt

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
His crouching strong kick (crouch and hold down A) registers a true combo if canceled into charge fireball (hold b) at low percents. I just noticed this was already mentioned. Oops.

The thing about the dthrow to SRK combo that I noticed against certain characters was, Ryu's opponent (depending on who it was) could actually chase him on the way down since he had lag.

Last edited:

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
His crouching strong kick (crouch and hold down A) registers a true combo if canceled into charge fireball (hold b) at low percents. I just noticed this was already mentioned. Oops.

The thing about the dthrow to SRK combo that I noticed against certain characters was, Ryu's opponent (depending on who it was) could actually chase him on the way down since he had lag.
Yeah this is true. ill have to experiment with it.

I believe interchanging light, heavy, and input dp can yield different results however. More testing is needed to confirm tho

PairODucks

Smash Rookie
Here's everything I found yesterday, many of these may be/are DI-able. When I say uptilt/etc without any qualifier I mean light uptilt/etc. I may have missed a few, I didn't really try combos into neutral b for example. These were all on mario btw (I wasn't able to get FF upair to work on mario so I haven't listed it, might be possible though as I didn't try very hard with that yesterday), so there is probably much more that can be done on larger characters. I'm not positive on the X -> grab combos because I didn't have a person with to me really test it.
jab ->
side b
up b - works with command input, but timing is strict
grab?​
d-throw ->
up b - DI-able, low %
up air - DI-able, unreliable
uptilt - 0%​
uptilt ->
uptilt - any %
jab
heavy uptilt - true combo at higher %, kills
up b - any %, usually sourspot
grab?
dair - 100+%, sweetspots up to 150%
nair - high%, uptilt/heavy uptilt seems better
fair - high%, uptilt/heavy uptilt seems better
dtilt - low%, doesn't string well into dtilt combos
neutral b​
dtilt ->
dtilt
strong dtilt
grab?​
dair -> (sweetspot hit, hitting opponent lower to the ground is better)
uptilt
jab
heavy uptilt - 10+%
strong jab - 60+%
up b - 10+%
dair - 100+%, hard to sweetspot​
fair -> (sourspot hit behind ryu. it pops the opponent right in front of you. like dair but easier after first hit)
fair - 10+%
(heavy) uptilt - 0-70%
jab - 0-50%
up b - usually sour unless DJ first
heavy jab - 0-60%
dair - 60-70%, probably DI-able to avoid sweetspot.​
fadc -> pretty much anything (probably the easiest way to start the dair/fair combos)

For the fair combos this assumes you short hop from a standstill. If you try to RAR sourspot fair your opponent, your momentum will usually carry you too far to combo, but I haven't experimented with it too much.

Last edited:

Togii

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4682-8974-7880
I've found something when doing weak utilt -> Shoryuken at high percents. If you weak utilt and cancel it into Shoryuken, you will almost always get the sourspot. The trick, I've found, is to utilt, WAIT for a few frames (about as long as it would take to do another weak utilt), then Shoryuken, and I get the sweetspot for the kill. I haven't tested this on floatier characters, but it works on Mario, Roy, Cpt Falcon, Fox, and Donkey Kong, so I would assume it works on most characters.

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
What's a BnB? I've heard that thrown around but I have no idea what it means.

Top Bottom