• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Running PM from USB - Brawl disc broke :'(

CallMeCAM

Smash Rookie
Sometime during APEX my brawl disc broke, but instead of buying a new one I saw many people running PM through their usbs. How can I get this to work, is there a guide someone can link me too? I don't see any for the newest version with the launcher that can update PM.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help me!

CaptainFabulous

Smash Cadet
Do you already know how to boot games from usb? if not read this. After that just simply install pm as usual and it should work although.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
important note, when using CFG loader (the USB loader that YOU SHOULD USE) and you are about to boot up brawl with all the PM stuff in the normal spot on the SD card, you need to go to options and turn on ocarina codes or else CFG will just boot normal brawl.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Side note, it's very plausible that it's not your disk that broke, but your wii's lense. And Brawl is the culprit, if it's the case.
I don't know if they still do that, but Nintendo used to ship you a new wii if Brawl broke your wii's lense. You could look into that as well, if you do not wish to install an USB Loader.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
my wii disc drive crapped out as well, softmodding to USB load is worth it though, if only to have your game load VERY fast.

You can use USB Loader GX (latest version) Turn on Ocarina and set hooktype to VBI. Latest version of USBLGX can be found online. Since the server that updates the app is offline.

CallMeCAM

Smash Rookie
Ok I'll do that and one more thing, is there a way to combine this with bootmii, I truely enjoyed not having to have a sensor bar and wiimote

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Anyone recommend a specific USB drive to use? Is it better to use an external hard drive?

Top Bottom