• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh, goddammit, not this **** again. It's on ****ing 4CHAN, that should be enough to disprove this. And I swear to God, if Rayman gets in while Wolf, Lucas, and Bandanna Dee just sit and rot, I'm marching over to Kyoto with an AK-47... Although part of me wants to sit b

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
Oh, goddammit, not this **** again. It's on ****ing 4CHAN, that should be enough to disprove this. And I swear to God, if Rayman gets in while Wolf, Lucas, and Bandanna Dee just sit and rot, I'm marching over to Kyoto with an AK-47... Although part of me wants to sit b
Remember last summer when 4chan leaked the rest of the roster?

Last edited:

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I still think Wolf and Lucas at least will be DLC characters. Both are popular veterans from Brawl that surprised many people when they were cut from the roster. If Smash 4 really does do DLC, then I see them being two of the top choices.

They are popular enough to be DLC characters that many people would buy to get back into the roster.

I know I would buy Wolf at least.

If I had to guess, the DLC characters would likely be

Mewtwo

Rayman

Wolf

Lucas

A new Nintendo-first party character who did not make the initial roster

And maybe the Ice Climbers if technical issues are figured out.

About six DLC characters spread out over several months to a year. Pretty average number for DLC characters in a Fighting game, and it would extend the life of Smash 4 even further.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
There too a unused SHOP Button in the 3DS.

Im not 100/% with this leak.

But that, Sure look promising, Even Metwo is a Mewtwo I never seen before and Rayman, is in a new pose.

Did I say unused SHOP button on the 3ds, how about that the 3ds game have like 1 giga free for anything in the game for extra content.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, I'll drink the Kool-aid and join the camp that thinks this "leak" is real. Why do I say that? Because I never believed for a second that Mewtwo was going to be the only DLC character in the game.

Nintendo would be walking away from a potential goldmine if they just made Mewtwo the only DLC character in the game. If other games like Fire Emblem, New Super Mario Bros 2, and Mario Kart 8 all have their own DLC that earns Nintendo extra money beyond someone buying a copy of a game, then why would Smash not get the same treatment?

Especially since DLC characters in fighting games is a common and popular trend.

I found some of the cuts in Smash 4 to be strange. Why did Wolf and Lucas get the axe despite being pretty popular characters in Brawl and far from being clones?

Because I think some characters like those two either did not make it in due to time constraints or were held back for future DLC. Outside of Mewtwo, I'm sure many people(myself included) would gladly pay to have Wolf or Lucas back in the game. If they got the Ice Climbers to work as well, then that's another character that could be added back in.

It's not a bad model for Nintendo, put out a new character every few months and make some extra cash off Smash 4.

As for Rayman being a DLC character, I think that's real as well. I always thought it was odd that Ubisoft, a company that has had some trouble with Nintendo recently would be the third-party to get a trophy in the game.

Rayman had two trophies in the game! Why does a third-party character who is not playable in any form have two trophies in the game? And if the idea was to give third-party characters their own trophies even if they were not playable then were are the trophies from series like Castlevania, Bomberman, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Adventure Island, Street Fighter, and other third-party franchises that have made an impact on Nintendo platforms in the past?

Rayman seems to have an unusual amount of content for a non-playable third-party character. Of course, the argument could go that plenty of other non-playable franchises have two or more trophies. But those are first-party game or at the very least games that Nintendo has published in the past.

Why would Ubisoft sign on to have Rayman just be a trophy? I think they wanted him to be playable as a future DLC character. It's a win-win for both parties. Nintendo gets a fairly popular third-party character to sell as DLC while Ubisoft makes some money from the deal, and also have a chance to give Rayman some free promotion that might help out sales of their Rayman games.

I think the Rayman DLC is real.
Actually there are three trophies, Rayman, Globox and Bertha

73V3N

Smash Rookie
The first vid doesn't work, but i watched another one yesterday that sold this leak for me. It showed the leaker going to the CSS and hovering over Rayman and trying to play as him. But, the leaker couldn't and whenever the leaker pressed "A" on Rayman, a sound was produced (a low beep of sorts), also showing Rayman couldn't be played ATM. However, this is where the "Shop" option on the main menu screen comes into play. The leaker couldn't play Rayman because he hadn't bought hime yet from the store! The video is currenly on youtube but takes a little searching for. In all, I totally believe this leak since the leaker actually has a copy of the game with both mew2 and Rayman at least displayed on the CSS. Also because of the fact that the wii u, from my knowledge, is unable to be hacked which therefore eliminates that option. So, considering the above, I believe this leak to be completely and utterly true and plus we get Rayman now sooooo I mean its hard not to want this to be a reality.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
He started a fight with me.
No, you just keep telling him to get over it and keep discrediting his opinion. It's clear you're the one after fighting.

Your reasoning for it has been "HIS OPINION IS WRONG AND I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING.", then proceed to call people crybabies whenever they don't agree. No offense, but that comes off as ironic to me.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Agh, darn it. I would've liked another DLC character.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Why the hell didn't he reveal the fake later. He could have had a news article on every single mediocre gaming news site out there.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Why the hell didn't he reveal the fake later. He could have had a news article on every single mediocre gaming news site out there.
Poor sod has enough irate fans on his tail, there's only so much one can stretch the truth before it snaps back and kicks 'em in the teeth.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT.

Ubisoft saw the leak and heres the kicker

Instead of saying no comment they are going to talk about the leak on tuesday. So tuesday the momment of truth for this leak

Here take a look
http://www.screwattack.com/video/Ra...r-for-Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U-and-3DS-12864051
Well, guess I don't have much more to say. If Ubisoft confirms it on Tuesday, then the heck with it. Congrats Rayman fans.

Not like I care much for him anyways. I'll probably try him out, like I do with every character, but I honestly don't care. And if this IS true, there'd better be more than just Mewtwo and Rayman. I don't care that the character select screen would be "full", they can always shrink the boxes down some for added characters.

Until someone confirms/deconfirms this, it's fake in my mind.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Let this be a lesson to all to always be skeptical of leaks unless there's sufficient evidence towards it. It seems the ESRB leak changed that healthy outlook, judging by the sarcastic "ohhh he's actually jus little mac lolol" comments and absurd amounts of people thinking it's real. But the ESRB leak is only one of many, a diamond in the rough, and it had too many things for it. It's existence increased the percentage of legit leaks, but that doesn't mean everyone should be more inclined towards legitimacy as a result towards all future leaks.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Wow the leak is so convincing. I hope it is real. Would love to see another childhood character become part of smash. Also if the 3ds picture is real, then there might be two more characters. It looks like 2 more boxes can fit on the screen.
I think somebody took the current character select screen for the 3DS and determined that you could fit exactly six more characters on it without having to shrink the borders of the character boxes. For the Wii U however, I'm not sure.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
He did the same thing for Klonoa a while back, so people shouldn't be too surprised...

Lesson of the day: Unless it has actual gameplay footage or have been confirmed by Nintendo, don't believe in leaks.
It'll only make you sadder.

I have to salute this guy's talent, though.

About the Wii U and 3DS character selection stuff, for someone who can do this kind of thing, doing that should be like child's play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom