• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoB7lnOiXM
What a sad day in smash,I don't think with the very small amount of time between now and when the leak happened this guy would have time to recreate the leak himself and then edit a video explaining how he did it so this is looking debunked.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I suppose that someone should edit the title to indicate that it's a fake, then.

But I'm glad that he wasn't in; we already have enough Third-Parties as is, so adding more as DLC already seemed too out there for even Sakurai's baiting skills to do.

Zee'mmoro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zee'mmoro
3DS FC
4914-3176-0599
As much as I was hyped up for this, I gotta give the guy credit: his video of how he made that leak was incredible. Now I suppose I have the love/hate feelings of: "Dude, awesome work. But also grr." Tip my hat to him. ^^

gamer8

Smash Lord
Glad I missed this one, looks like it got pretty hectic. It may have been a **** move by the guy, but at least he shut it down before things got too out of hand. He could have left it like that and had people getting their hopes up and speculating DLC for as long as they'd believe in it. Anyways, the video is pretty interesting. That guy has some serious talent.

In one of Sakurai's interviews he kind of seemed like he wanted to move on from Smash as soon as he released Mewtwo + the balance patch to go with it and Miiverse, so I'm not surprised. But anyways, be glad it was over as soon as it ended.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
i can`t imagine how angry sakurai is right now.Having your hard work not ONCE but TWICE!!!!:4shulk::4shulk:

MarkT

Smash Rookie
I'm not upset that the Rayman leak is fake. I'm annoyed that this is fuel for every skeptic and conspiracy person out there. Next, we'll get actual footage of a new character fighting in-game and people will point to this leak and say "Oh yea!? Well its obviously fake because anyone can manipulate the footage in aftereffects." My favorite rebuttal has always been, why would anyone waste their time to do that? Sigh...

Overall, it's just a lot of wasted time on the fakers part and doing this for lulz gets an eye roll from most people, at best...

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
i can`t imagine how angry sakurai is right now.Having your hard work not ONCE but TWICE!!!!:4shulk::4shulk:
It's fake, dude; it was just a really skilled fake. The only DLC character we know of right now is Mewtwo. Rayman's not confirmed, and this leak is faked. Sakurai's work isn't ruined this time because this ain't his work. :p

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
It's fake, dude; it was just a really skilled fake. The only DLC character we know of right now is Mewtwo. Rayman's not confirmed, and this leak is faked. Sakurai's work isn't ruined this time because this ain't his work. :p
proof?

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people seem to be praising the leaker for his craftsmanship and while I will admit that the leak was incredibly well made and the most convincing thing since the ESRB leak I don't think we should be rewarding or complimenting this guy. Instead of letting his work speak for itself (which it obviously could have given the quality) he trampled on as many peoples hopes as he could on his way to a few hundred subscribers on Youtube. And in the video he sits there with a big ugly grin on his face like he loved every second of his own communities false excitement, That's not the type of person we should be praising for anything.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It was almost like people collectively forgot digital editing software and professional artists exist.
Either way, ggs. I won.

TuxedoCreep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-4836-6420
A lot of people seem to be praising the leaker for his craftsmanship and while I will admit that the leak was incredibly well made and the most convincing thing since the ESRB leak I don't think we should be rewarding or complimenting this guy.
But the fact that he fooled an entire community into believing that this character was real was actually pretty awesome.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
But the fact that he fooled an entire community into believing that this character was real was actually pretty awesome.
Impressive? absolutely. Awesome? I don't think so, he used our community as a publicity stunt to up his views when theres a thousand more honest ways to do it

TuxedoCreep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-4836-6420
Impressive? absolutely. Awesome? I don't think so, he used our community as a publicity stunt to up his views when theres a thousand more honest ways to do it
That's true. Just posting the Rayman art and the screens he made probably would've earned him a better rep and more fans if he didn't go through the whole "leak" business.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Yeah, that was a jerk move of sorts from his part, but honestly, it was that: an unproved leak, a rumor
I'm not going to blame the people who were excited for this, It's alright to become excited, but they should've known that this could be a possible outcome. There are people out there who will make pretty damn good leaks just to see the fandom reaction.
He actually did good showing it was fake so quickly, after all, he could've just let it become bigger and bigger to read all the flamewars it could've caused (actually, I think there was a flamewar already forming here between the people who believed and the ones who didn't).
You can't give this kind of thing too much credit unless it's confirmed by Nintendo itself, as cool and real it may look. Never get your hopes too high for this kind of thing, the internet is full of false stuff and people who can do them like masters.
It's was a possibility, but that's it, not a shoo in.

Last edited:

Guppy

Smash Rookie
I'm not even mad. What he did was pure genius! My disappointment in Rayman not being real quickly turned into me laughing at how gullible I (and many people) were.

I insta subbed to the guy :))

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Well, a short but interesting journey. But I am walking away from this feeling sick, ashamed of my gullibility and upset. Rayman was my childhood, how can I not be?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The guy deserves the salt he gets from the community, because I find stuff like this unacceptable. There's plenty of other ways to prove your talent in more respectable ways, rather than playing with people's hopes.

I'll bet there were plenty of Rayman fans who were pretty excited.

Bob da Bob

Smash Rookie
Ubisoft said they would announce something on tuesday concerning the rayman leak, but now that it was confirmed fake what are they going to announce?

Top Bottom