• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

I'm not excited. Doctored CSS screens were dime a dozen leading up to SSB4's release. On the CSS, none of the other instances of yellow have as much contrast as Rayman's face; this is why I am unconvinced right now. Maybe if we see some gameplay...

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
This is probably real.

1) No one has been able to hack the game yet (only way to get something this perfect)
2) Theme music is so well done
3) Why do you think there was a post about the trophy? Sakurai said he was surprised and impressed they sent him such a detailed model. They wanted in on smash 4.

4) Biggest reason. I can feel it in my gut. Simple as that. It's the smash level of weird.

I honestly didn't want another third party character but okay I guess. He better not be OP

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Guys the video got removed. #RaymanConfirmed
by the user not nintendo the video ran it's course it has done what is needed and now no more need for it

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
This is probably real.

1) No one has been able to hack the game yet (only way to get something this perfect)
3) Why do you think there was a post about the trophy? Sakurai said he was surprised and impressed they sent him such a detailed model. They wanted in on smash 4.

4) Biggest reason. I can feel it in my gut. Simple as that. It's the smash level of weird.

I honestly didn't want another third party character but okay I guess. He better not be OP
Exactly.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I can care less about Rayman, but if this confirms other DLC then hype train it is.
This quote sums up my thoughts about this entirely. I really wanted the Bandana Dee in smash.

I'm slightly more believing since the Shulk, Duck Hunt, Dark Pit and Docter Mario stuff happened. Saying this is 100 percent true though is a lie as somebody else already mentioned that.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Hopefully this is real. I'm especially hoping the "Shop" icon on the menu in real. In any video game that has a "Shop" type icon, nine times outta ten it's not going to just have one purchasable item in the shop. There's usually multiply. So if this is indeed real, this could lead to even more future DLC.

I'm just spit-balling though.
Most likely 2 sets like MK8

BBC7

Smash Ace
This is probably real.

Haha, Rayman is just the beginning! We still have Bomberman to crash the party! After that, Snake makes his return. Kept you waiting, huh? Protoman and Knuckles join us as the red friends of the blue heroes. Simon Belmont whips his way into the brawl in the future! Then Master Chief! Does that name "ring" a bell to ya? We're all going to be in Shrek's swamp for his appearance in 2016 as well. And that's still just the beginning. We're going to have Freddy, Tetris Block, Agent 47, Hannah Montana, E.T., Farquaad, Heavy Weapons Guy, and Sheldon Cooper in no time!

RKJ

Smash Rookie
If Nintendo has the video taken down, then it pretty much confirms that it's legit (it would be Bowser Jr./Shulk all over again).
I REALLY want this to be true though; Rayman 1 was one of the first games I ever played and the new Rayman side-scrollers are fantastic and deserve some more love.
The video was taken down

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Haha, Rayman is just the beginning! We still have Bomberman to crash the party! After that, Snake makes his return. Kept you waiting, huh? Protoman and Knuckles join us as the red friends of the blue heroes. Simon Belmont whips his way into the brawl in the future! Then Master Chief! Does that name "ring" a bell to ya? We're all going to be in Shrek's swamp for his appearance in 2016 as well. And that's still just the beginning. We're going to have Freddy, Tetris Block, Agent 47, Hannah Montana, E.T., Farquaad, Heavy Weapons Guy, and Sheldon Cooper in no time!
Joking aside, ANY TF2 character would be welcome in my book. Obviously not liable to happen ever, but I wouldn't object if it did. I would probably choose Scout over the Heavy though.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
imma just put this here:all leaks are false until proven otherwise in my opinion

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
Also, is it just me, or does it seem that mewtwo doesn't look right? That may just be me, but how do you go from this
To this?

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Rayman? Seriously? They're still adding sigh, stupid Nintendo why put this much effort when you could of done this for Brawl or Melee. Reason why Nintendo has poor dictatorship. Still not buying the dam game get over it Nintendo for Pete sake. Move on to another game already that is worth buying.

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Ahh, so many great memories when it comes to Rayman. It'd be awesome if it were to be true! Hopefully he gets an awesome newcomer trailer as well!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Rayman? Seriously? They're still adding sigh, stupid Nintendo why put this much effort when you could of done this for Brawl or Melee. Reason why Nintendo has poor dictatorship. Still not buying the dam game get over it Nintendo for Pete sake. Move on to another game already that is worth buying.
Then why even bother commenting? To let Smash fans know that you're not a fan? Alright, that's cool. Good for you I guess.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Also, is it just me, or does it seem that mewtwo doesn't look right? That may just be me, but how do you go from this
To this?
The model looks pretty much to same to me in my eyes.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
To this?
might be the lighting of it

ahbeef

Smash Rookie
NNID
ahbeef
the video has been removed - but not by nintendo this time. unfortunately the uploader was the one to take this one down.

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
If your hating on Nintendo that much then this forum is not the place for you.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That's two great well deserving game characters right there, now give me King K. Rool and Wolf and I'll be happy.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
*Insert Goku, Steve and CoD wanters here*

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Like any game that isn't made by nintendo amirite?

izumisempai

Smash Rookie
Before the video was taken down, the uploaded said something about the world needing to see it. He said it himself in the description, so I don't know why he would just take down the video. I don't think he just decided to take the video down himself. Besides that, I think the original render of Mewtwo was more suited for the character select screen. The 'new' one is pretty odd, maybe it's just me.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Like any game that isn't made by nintendo amirite?
I'm a "fan" but their choices are honestly or made and sad to look at. They honestly don't think anymore, or at least plan correctly, but no I still enjoy their work like the Retros pretty much and some new ones but barely.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It's probably real, but I think this was one of the worst characters that they could put in. It seems to me that any third party can join smash now. Why don't they just add Crash, Spyro, and Bomberman already? This is ridiculous.

Where are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, and King K?

I'm sick of these decisions put into the roster.

Also, Mewtwo's render is way too ugly.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
It's probably real, but I think this was one of the worst characters that they could put in. It seems to me that any third party can join smash now. Why don't they just add Crash, Spyro, and Bomberman already? This is ridiculous.

Where are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, and King K?

I'm sick of these decisions put into the roster.

Also, Mewtwo's render is way too ugly.
3DS can't handle Ice Climbers, and Snake's with another company, Konami, that is, like most third-parties, not showing love to Nintendo. Then again, Ubisoft hates Nintendo and here's this Rayman leak. I guess Snake could happen then, and Wolf, Lucas, and King K are still plausible.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
3DS can't handle Ice Climbers, and Snake's with another company, Konami, that is, like most third-parties, not showing love to Nintendo. Then again, Ubisoft hates Nintendo and here's this Rayman leak. I guess Snake could happen then, and Wolf, Lucas, and King K are still plausible.
The 3DS CAN handle Ice Climbers if SOMEONE decided to actually try and fix them. Rather then saying they have no fans at all.

I hate Pacman as it is, but he is a "gaming legend" putting Rayman on there is like saying George W Bush should be on Mt. Rushmore. He makes less sense than Snake did! I'd rather see other third parties that actually have some type of relation to Nintendo. Like Prof. Layton, who is Nintendo only.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
The 3DS CAN handle Ice Climbers if SOMEONE decided to actually try and fix them. Rather then saying they have no fans at all.

I hate Pacman as it is, but he is a "gaming legend" putting Rayman on there is like saying George W Bush should be on Mt. Rushmore. He makes less sense than Snake did! I'd rather see other third parties that actually have some type of relation to Nintendo. Like Prof. Layton, who is Nintendo only.
Ubisoft hasn't really been friendly friendly latly with Nintendo lately.

Top Bottom