• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
The 3DS CAN handle Ice Climbers if SOMEONE decided to actually try and fix them. Rather then saying they have no fans at all.

I hate Pacman as it is, but he is a "gaming legend" putting Rayman on there is like saying George W Bush should be on Mt. Rushmore. He makes less sense than Snake did! I'd rather see other third parties that actually have some type of relation to Nintendo. Like Prof. Layton, who is Nintendo only.
your right about the ice climbers and the prof would be nice

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
This is just so random and the text is way off. Plus, Sakurai would give a better, more creative or corny text than just "joins the battle"

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
Ubisoft hasn't really been friendly friendly latly with Nintendo lately.
Yeah, Nintendo is not doing to well with 3rd party developers. And with Sega shifting over to mobile and PC games they loose a lot of their support, though at least they are going well with Namco Bandai, or shall I say Bandai Namco (I hate the way that sounds), because they helps with smash 4 a lot.

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
Wow the leak is so convincing. I hope it is real. Would love to see another childhood character become part of smash. Also if the 3ds picture is real, then there might be two more characters. It looks like 2 more boxes can fit on the screen.

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
They both are supposed to be in this game. And they are both from games that I love. So I wish both were in.
True, I betcha the first smash 4 character hack would add the Ice climbers. Though what I am saying is that if I had to choose between the Ice climbers and Duck Hunt dog, I would choose Duck Hunt dog because he is much more well known? Why? Two words: The laugh.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Plus when you unlock bowser jr and Duck hunt, there text also says "Joins the battle" but in their trailers bowser jrs line is "Clowns the competition" and duck hunts line is " Takes aim"
Rayman will get something.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I'm a "fan" but their choices are honestly or made and sad to look at. They honestly don't think anymore, or at least plan correctly, but no I still enjoy their work like the Retros pretty much and some new ones but barely.
I actually agree, at least for the stupid PR things and their IP safeguarding. I just don't think putting in rayman is a mistake.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The 3DS CAN handle Ice Climbers if SOMEONE decided to actually try and fix them. Rather then saying they have no fans at all.

I hate Pacman as it is, but he is a "gaming legend" putting Rayman on there is like saying George W Bush should be on Mt. Rushmore. He makes less sense than Snake did! I'd rather see other third parties that actually have some type of relation to Nintendo. Like Prof. Layton, who is Nintendo only.
You:

why so butthurt, bro?

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
The Ice Climbers were dropped because they could not function on the 3DS hardware. But then again, the New 3DS may be able to handle them... just a thought.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I'm telling you guys that I'll bite his freakin' floating head off as Sonic and ensure his ultima-- oh who am I kidding; I'm probably gonna secondary main the guy.

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Nope. That's exactly what shows up when a Wii U character is unlocked.
Its okay I'll write some.
"Robin shocks in?!"
"Dark Pit is not called Pitto!"
"Docter Mario checks in!"
"Shulk's time to change the future!"
"Duck Hunt shoots the competition!"
"Falco takes the prey!"
I'm so good at this.

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
The Ice Climbers were dropped because they could not function on the 3DS hardware. But then again, the New 3DS may be able to handle them... just a thought.
Possibly. I'm actually thinking of buying the New 3ds XL, I would buy the normal New 3ds, not XL. Unfortunately I live in America and apparently to Nintendo Americans are all of the "bigger is better", so they only release the New 3ds XL.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You're honestly just being rude to everybody that disagrees with you. Stop?
I'm not being rude to anyone. That guy was complaining about Rayman. Get the **** over it. Ice Climbers couldn't work on the 3DS Version, and then he said:

"The 3DS CAN handle Ice Climbers if SOMEONE decided to actually try and fix them. Rather then saying they have no fans at all."

Is he ****ing Sakurai? No. Cuts had to happen. He needs to just quit whining like an infant.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Just saying, have anyone seen the actual footage for Rayman? No one's commenting about it and I came here to see if you guys were talking about it. Now the footage looks more realistic....

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm not being rude to anyone. That guy was complaining about Rayman. Get the **** over it. Ice Climbers couldn't work on the 3DS Version, and then he said:

"The 3DS CAN handle Ice Climbers if SOMEONE decided to actually try and fix them. Rather then saying they have no fans at all."

Is he ****ing Sakurai? No. Cuts had to happen. He needs to just quit whining like an infant.
Source:http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/17/ice-climbers-were-cut-from-smash-bros-due-to-3ds-limitations

According to Sakurai, the team had the Ice Climbers running on the Wii U version of the game, but were unable to find the same success on the 3DS, due to the handheld's hardware limitations. Sakurai notes that the series' lack of popularity made the decision to cut them from the game easier.

Which pretty much means if they were more popular they would have worked to get them in.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Again with the DLC leaks? I'm not convinced about this one...although this could convince me to get that Rayman game on the Wii U if it turns out to be true.

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
The fact that the videos are being taken down basically 100% confirms this, (i mean if the video itself wasn't confirmation enough) that only bother to take down leaks of real content.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
The fact that the videos are being taken down basically 100% confirms this, (i mean if the video itself wasn't confirmation enough) that only bother to take down leaks of real content.
Eh...could be Nintendo, but it could also be trolls simply trying to get us falsely hyped for something by falsely flagging the videos.

YouTube has that in abundance. :p

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No it's not. I have a right as much as anybody to be disappointed with the selection of characters.

It's my own opinion okay?
I'm more annoyed by the fact that this roster was Brawl -6 minor fighters, as well as 13 newcomers, 16 counting Miis, and you're whining about it.

And the fact you said "Ice Climbers could work if they put more time in it"

ARE YOU SAKURAI? NO. If they didn't work, they won't ****ing work now. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, with the New 3DS, they could, but then it would be unfair to people like me who can't afford a new 3DS yet, because then they wouldn't have the same roster as everyone else. There's a reason Sakurai made the choice to keep rosters the same, to be fair to ALL players. It's a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:

Little_Dragon34

Smash Rookie
NNID
Little_Dragon34

UPDATE: Video with Rayman in the Character Select Screen has been uploaded to YouTube! Watch it here.

In a post created on the 4chan board /v/ today, five seperate pictures were posted "allegedly from an industry contact" that would show Rayman as a DLC character in Smash 4. These pictures also include Mewtwo on the character select screen as well as a new "Shop" button on the main CSS which would be presumably used to buy the DLC.

The New Shop Button

This photo of the character select screen has several interesting things to notice. First, when looking at the Mewtwo on the character select screen compared to the render shown in the 50-Fact Extravaganza, you can see that the vein/bone in the neck is the same as well as the eyes being similar. It is also noticeable that R.O.B. has his picture show slightly lower then the others on the character select screen. However, this happens normally in the game as well as seen in this example with Shulk. The previous example also shows how characters can slightly overlap onto the black bar on the CSS as well just as Sonic, Rayman, and Miis do in this picture. Looking again at that picture of the current roster, you can see that Duck Hunt has been moved to be on top of Ness so Captain Falcon would no longer have room next to Ness on the CSS and would have to be moved as well, possibly to the top row where this is room to make the character select screen into a perfect grid.

In this picture it is noticeable that there is now shadow behind Rayman as there are for other characters on the select screen. However the shadow only shows up after a character is actually selected, so there is still a chance that this is the case in this particular photograph.
UPDATE: A picture showing the 3DS Select Screen has also been released, thanks to @Stevie Jayrep for posting in the comments:

@LIQUID12A also mentioned this particular video with a quote that was previously dismissed that may be worth mentioning again now:

A huge thank you to reddit user Noiblade for his excellent post analyzing the leak that presented much of the information shown here. Is this leak real or fake? Only time and possibly more study will tell.

SmashCapps is very interested in seeing how this whole leak business pans out. Follow him on Twitter to discuss thoughts related to the leak!
I really hope he is added!!!

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be honest here, if Sakurai could put in Rosalina & Luma on the 3ds, then why couldn't he put in the Ice Climbers? I'll give the man a break, he has worked hard to give us all of these amazing games.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm more annoyed by the fact that this roster was Brawl -6 minor fighters, as well as 13 newcomers, 16 counting Miis, and you're whining about it.

And the fact you said "Ice Climbers could work if they put more time in it"

ARE YOU SAKURAI? NO. If they didn't work, they won't ****ing work now. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, with the New 3DS, they could, but then it would be unfair to people like me who can't afford a new 3DS yet, because then they wouldn't have the same roster as everyone else. There's a reason Sakurai made the choice to keep rosters the same, to be fair to ALL players. It's a blessing in disguise.
HAHAAHAHA.

Really? Seriously?
Ice Climber, Metal Gear, Starfox, and Earthbound fans all lost characters. Ice Climbers aren't a minor fighter, they have been in since melee, and represent a full series by themselves that was a part of classic Nintendo. Characters such as Rosalina, Rayman, Greninja, don't deserve at all to be in the game over them. Mii's are a waste of space too. That's three more original characters that could have been added.

And no, it's completley fair. If you are going to buy A WEAKER SYSTEM you should be prepared to not have all the characters. You don't even care so fairness for people who can't afford it means nothing to me.

NO IT'S NOT A BLESSING IN DISGUISE!!!

Ice Climber fans lost the one fighter that represented a series that they love because of a stupid decision to keep the rosters the same. It's not fair to them to lose that because "people can't afford" a better system.

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
That rayman amiibo is gonna require a bunch of plastic stands to hold it up...

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
Also ignore my username, my name really is Ray, I thought it was a clever pun at the time

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
No it's not. I have a right as much as anybody to be disappointed with the selection of characters.

It's my own opinion okay?
Here's my perspective on the character selection this time around:
:4bowser:Great
:4bowserjr:Meh, don't really give a crap.
:4falcon:Expected
:4charizard:Okay, I admit, not bad.
:4darkpit:Why?
:4dedede:Again, why?
:4diddy:HOO-HAH
:4dk:Expected
:4drmario:Never gave a flying **** in the first place.
:4duckhunt:Barely knew this little ****.
:4falco:Semi-Clone Falco gets in but not Wolf?
:4fox:Thank goodness he got nerfed.
:4ganondorf:MY MAIN MAN GANON!
:4gaw:Why? The? ****? Is? He? Still? In?
:4greninja:Didn't care + false Mewtwo Hype
:4myfriends:Hi Chris Redfield
:4jigglypuff:Why!?
:4kirby:Couldn't care less.
:4littlemac:HELL YEAH!
:4link:Sweet!
:4lucario:Meh
:4lucina:Hello there...and meh...
:4luigi:Go Weegee!
:4mario:Of course he's going to be in, he's-a Mario!
:4marth:ENGLISH MOTHER ******, DO YOU SPEAK IT!?
:4megaman:Well, didn't expect the Super Fighting Robot...would've wanted Leon, though...
:4metaknight:Again, for the 9001st time, why?
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:Slender Man, Slender Man, all the children try to run!
:4ness:He's back baby.
:4olimar:NO, I NEVER EVEN WANTED THIS ************ IN THIS ****ING SERIES EVER AGAIN!
:4palutena:Dat ass tho.
:4pacman:Okay, I guess.
:4peach:Still dem boobs.
:4pikachu:Finally his makeover.
:4pit:hehe, yeah.
:4rob:Look at Olimar...
:4robinm:Who is he again?
:4robinf:Who is she again?
:rosalina:(I literally screamed like a girl and crying for minutes)
:4samus:Yay...?
:4sheik:She gets an extra slot and replaced Ghirahim.
:4shulk:Who? But I'm REALLY feeling it!
:4sonic:Yep, wanted him...now I don't want him.
:4tlink:No Young Link?
:4villager:Never heard.
:4wario:Meh.
:4wiifit:Seriously?
:4yoshi:Expected.
:4zelda:This ****ty character again?
:4zss:Boobs and an ass, sweet!

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
If this turns out to be "fake", the person who created that render deserves an award. Fantastic in how they capture the art style represented in the Rayman games with Smash 4.

Top Bottom