• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

HEDROVER

Smash Rookie
I can care less about Rayman, but if this confirms other DLC then hype train it is.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai: I dedicated my life to this game, I want to surprise my fans when I announce Dog Hunt D-...when I announce Bowser J-..When I announce ray-...ah screw it
awww now I feel bad poor sakurai

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Hey, want to see this leak be turned into a rumor?
View attachment 38994

Look at the colored in regions very closely for Dark Pit and Mewtwo. Both of them seem way too similar to one another, and both have nearly the same shading and the same eye direction, just tilted a little.

DO NOT CLAIM THIS POSSIBLE EVIDENCE AS YOUR OWN!
But what do you guys think?
the 3ds pic was made by a completely different guy than the original leak.Just some guy bandwagging off the leak

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Looks pretty convincing. Just waiting for some gameplay or Mewtwo's select screen portrait which would validate this leak.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
There's actual video evidence supporting this leak.
EXPAND DONG!

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Nevermind my last comment, this thing is REAL, look at the flames in the back of the characters in the video, they carry over to Rayman perfectly YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!

Jmcpappy

Smash Cadet
If this Rayman leak is legit, then that means I'll have to fight him with my main man Sonic to prove that I'm the only fighter who can have fused eyeballs.
LMAO cuz that's what's REALLY important here XD

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Looks convincing...
But let's wait and see how this unfolds. At the least, an announcement after :mewtwomelee: releases seems likely.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
if theres a splash screen for him doesent that mean you have to unlock the dlc characters? which leads to the possibility of more characters then shown

Achroma

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5472-7850-1658
Well, if the video goes down soon, we will know it's fake. If not, it's a carefully devised fake.
Either that, or Nintendo got smart.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Still think this fake. It's just incredibly convincing. Rayman has zero ties to Nintendo, trophy in Sm4sh or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going with #Team Idon'tcareifit'sreal

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Hmmm maybe BECAUSE IT'S ON A 2D SCREEN :O :O :O Such wow! much surprise!
What I mean is that it could be similar to how someone made a fake leak using a very detailed drawing of a character.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Wait, seriously? Show me proof.
There was a post about it on reddit and I don't feel like digging it up. But don't you think you'd be jailed for life or at least a good portion of your life if you are illegally distributing their information regarding one of their Triple A Games?

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
If this turns out to be real, can we all reflect on the time Sakurai lied to our faces and stated no other characters for DLC were planned?

CamJamSlamMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cam_TriforceMan
3DS FC
4811-6936-8465
If Nintendo has the video taken down, then it pretty much confirms that it's legit (it would be Bowser Jr./Shulk all over again).
I REALLY want this to be true though; Rayman 1 was one of the first games I ever played and the new Rayman side-scrollers are fantastic and deserve some more love.

Last edited:

Dan Rogers

Smash Rookie
I thought it was weird Rayman had a trophy in the game without any type of stage or character representation.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
If this turns out to be real, can we all reflect on the time Sakurai lied to our faces and stated no other characters for DLC were planned?
How about how he said Namco would get no special treatment.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I love Rayman, but I wasn't expecting him to show up in Smash, ever. The trophy alone surprised me. Suddenly I was ecstatic to see him in. Now? Those feelings are coming back.

Another childhood favorite making it in would suddenly make my purchase justified(Pac-Man barely does that).

Onyxsbayne

Smash Cadet
I wonder if Nintendo will take it down. The video spread like a virus across the Internet, so everyone knows about it, many probably saved it to their computers. If it got taken down now, it'd be very suspicious behavior, and pretty much confirm this, (if it wasn't apparent already). I think they'll leave it alone, keep us in suspense.

Top Bottom