• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Hey, want to see this leak be turned into a rumor?
3dsselect.jpg

Look at the colored in regions very closely for Dark Pit and Mewtwo. Both of them seem way too similar to one another, and both have nearly the same shading and the same eye direction, just tilted a little.

DO NOT CLAIM THIS POSSIBLE EVIDENCE AS YOUR OWN!
But what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Weldar

Smash Cadet
"In a post created on the 4chan board /v/ today,"

Yeah, I stopped there. Going to ****ing 4chan for credibility lmao
I don't like 4chan at all, but I'm pretty sure the roster leak that revealed Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt to us did start out there. Its hardly a credible source but given that it is anonymous its not a bad place to go to drop a leak or something of that sort. I still don't fully believe it myself, I err on the side of skeptical but but certainly a pretty good looking fake if it is one

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Fake until proven real. This isn't proof, no matter how real or fake it looks. If it's real, then great, but calling it undeniably real is just plain false.
We know. You are definitely not the first person to say this.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
View attachment 38994

Look at the colored in regions very closely for Dark Pit and Mewtwo. Both of them seem way too similar to one another, and both have nearly the same shading and the same eye direction, just tilted a little.
Yeah, that's also odd. Rayman also has the exact same background colour as Pikachu, too, and looks way too heavily shaded to fit in with the rest of the icons.

I'm starting to doubt the validity of this.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 38994

I'm struggling to think of a reason why this would even possibly matter.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why people are putting any trust into the 3DS screenshot as it was released hours after the original 5.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
View attachment 38994

Luigi and Villager also have the same color.
Mario and Dr. Mario too.

LaunchStar

Smash Cadet
I dunno... I'm a bit suspicious because DLC data is usually accessible after the DLC has been downloaded...

Also, if it's been there the whole time, wouldn't the amiibo hacking people have gotten to it first?

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
View attachment 38994

Shulk's head also looked like a reworking of Little Mac's. Look how that turned out.

This coming from a guy who used that fact as reasoning to think the August leak was fake.

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
Y'know this actually gave me an idea. What if they released characters as well as stages in DLC packs? For example like Mario Kart 8, you buy a pack and get several characters and stages together. For a certain price, and once you buy the pack you'll be able to play with new characters as well as new stages.

And same goes in this case. Once you buy a Super Smash Bros DLC pack with 2 characters and 1 stage. Not to mention, when we're talking about stages, the Miiverse stage has yet to be shown in a gamplay perspective. So I think it's possibile that'll end up as a stage included in the DLC pack.

So therefore, I think it would be interesting if they included those things in a pack with Rayman and Mewtwo. And perhaps a different pack for other newcomers/veterans as well as stages or perhaps new alternate costumes for existing characters that are in the game.

Now this idea doesn't seem to farfetched to me now that I think about it...
So what do you guys think about this, does this sound like a plausible idea or does it sound like a farfetched idea?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I dunno... I'm a bit suspicious because DLC data is usually accessible after the DLC has been downloaded...

Also, if it's been there the whole time, wouldn't the amiibo hacking people have gotten to it first?
Maybe he comes as a secret with the Mewtwo DLC?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905

Yeah, that's another thing that makes me think this is faked; there's no way someone managed to get an unreleased DLC this early.

And the Rayman "character icon" and "character potrait" are so suspiciously similar to the trophy that it's not helping the leak's case.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Sweet bajeezus.
It's happening again.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm glad Rayman could possibly be joining the battle. But I'm gonna miss Solid Snake

Onyxsbayne

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's also odd. Rayman also has the exact same background colour as Pikachu, too, and looks way too heavily shaded to fit in with the rest of the icons.

I'm starting to doubt the validity of this.
By that logic, Ness, Shulk, and Dr. mario are fake because they have the same colored background as Mario.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Getting hyped for the sake of getting hyped, hype is great and this could pace way for future DLC.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
View attachment 38994

Hay Error.jpg

Jigglypwnz14

Smash Cadet
Lol I'm a dumbass, I did not even watch the video, I just thought these were pictures, though a video definitely supports a leak, and I don't think anybody has been able to hack into SSB4 yet. So I guess I'll be boarding the hype train too...

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Continuing the hype train.

The hype for Smash 4 needs to be chronicled somewhere.

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Oh my freakin' gosh!

RAYMAN

Guess we will have to wait until Mewtwo comes out (CSS Portrait) to find out if it's true.

Last Place

Smash Rookie
This again huh?

Etika is probably bouncing off the walls like Daffy Duck right now.

Anyways, if this leak becomes a reality, Rayman will be a great addition to the Smash series.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Don't think it's gonna happen. There's two current ways I can think of that will confirm/deconfirm this. 1. We see what Mewtwo's render in the game looks like, 2. Nintendo confirms/deconfirms this. But if it does happen...meh, I could care less. But they'd better be planning to put in ICies as DLC if they plan to throw flipping RAYMAN in there...

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM A HUGE RAYMAN FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL MAIN HIM IF THIS IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Every one who wants gameplay footage should know that the DHD leaker got sent to jail probably for life for showing gameplay footage.

Top Bottom