• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumor Patrol: Brawl Boxart Leaked?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Holy crap, listen to this man. Stop arguing about this. It's OFFICIAL.
Uhh...NO! Nintendo Press Said:

-Ike's Aiether or watever (his uB; before it was confirmed as his uB) was confirmed to be a one hit ko special attack. WRONG!

-Nintendo Press Said Shiek and Ganondorf are confirmed to be PLAYABLE in Brawl by that stupid press conference

-No Wi-Fi, and when it does have the Wi-Fi sticker, it is WAYYYY OUT OF PLACE.

And most importantly....

-the Nintendo Press BELIVED THAT stupid Wind Waker Link, Bowser Jr., and Ridley confirmed rumor, and that Young Link was replaced, and Mr. Game and Watch AND THE ICE CLIMBERS WOULD BE CUT.

Therefore, it's not confirmed yet. And that boxart is as fake as s***. It's ugly, and I'll tear off that cover before I have to look at that piece of s*** every time I have to play Brawl, and take out the disk. Ya, it's worse then SSB64's cover/box art! :laugh:

And that fake box art above this post is good. Definitely. ..however, it shoudl have fighting in it.:)

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that thinks the artwork is awesome? I love the use of blue and the epic posing...

Marioman19

Smash Rookie
In case you guy's don't subscribe to Nintendo Power, this month's cover was the boxart.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
k, i went to an eb games near my work place and i saw ssbb boxes with that artwork on them. i also galaxy's boxart there.. of course the actual games weren't inside them.. but rather just display to convince more people to reserve it. and yes the boxart i saw was the one that people say is ugly... well of course as stated before, it could change.. but overall, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter considering its only the container..^^

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
It is a fan boxart, but at the Media Summit, Nintendo used this as the boxart. But, it's gonna change for sure, because MANY characters remain not on it. To confirm this, it was the cover of the first Future US Nintendo Power cover(which I still haven't gotten!).

DSB

Smash Apprentice
Nice, looks a bit like the SSB64 one. Melee's box was so generic.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what's the problem with this box art. This cover kicks butt.

KiddyDong

Smash Cadet
I havent seen the leaked one on Major Retailers site, just this sunday I saw Wal-Marts christmas guide book thingy and it still have Brawl for the December release and the black box art

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
the OP's reasoning sounds right...but then again I too don't really care. Interesting find though.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
why is fox WAY in the back of the pic?

it makes him look...suspiscious
He joined the Dark Side. Soon, you will to.

Because teeman, Star Fox is.... YOUR FATHER!

Who knows why is back there. Probably adds to the fact the boxart is fake. Like i said, it would make more sense to put Sonic back there in a shadowy form. AND NO THAT DOES NOT MEAN SHADOW SHOULD BE IN THE GAME.

Wanted to kill that thought before it entered anyone's mind.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, they put alot of other characters in the back because they wanted to show the remodeled characters, like mario, and link. but yeah. i dunnooooooo

packymacky

Smash Rookie
okay um yea do yall think there taking wave dashing out of brawl because some ove my freinds think its gettin takin out and they been talkin big noise because now they think they stand a fair chance because they dont care for it and i took the time out my life to learn it and i just wanted to kno if they kept it in or not

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
okay um yea do yall think there taking wave dashing out of brawl because some ove my freinds think its gettin takin out and they been talkin big noise because now they think they stand a fair chance because they dont care for it and i took the time out my life to learn it and i just wanted to kno if they kept it in or not
Wrong topic buddy.

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Oh man why do they have to go with such a bad boxart? I'm betting the Japanese are getting a really awesome one.

EDIT: TBH it's not that bad but as some other guy in this 'ere topic said it looks chaotic. And it doesn't attract customers either.

EDIT2: >_> I mean it's not something really eye-catching.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I love it! It's dramatic and exciting, and the artwork is fantastic. I almost want to buy it just for the boxart alone!

(...Kidding, of course. :chuckle: But it's a great cover nonetheless! I'm very happy with the design they've chosen.)

oraclelink

Smash Rookie
I knew it was authentic all along, because of all the new character artwork.
Whether or not it would become the official one was in the air, but I guess it is now. :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Honestly, if this is the final box art, I'll be happy.
I know it is possible to do a bit better, and I think I would like to see something a bit better, but this is really well done.

Dyce gives the box cover :bigthumbu :bigthumbu :bigthumbu and a :chuckle:
(That's like 3 1/2 stars) (Maybe like 3 3/4...)

EDIT:
Idunno...

Top Bottom