• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumor Patrol: Brawl Boxart Leaked?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm saying that it's not a fake, but it's not the final one either. If it was drawn, then that person did a bang up job drawing all the characters and making the cover in the manner expected from what the other covers from the other Smashes in the series look like.

I'm saying that it may ultimately end up looking like this, and that the remaining characters that were covered will probably be on the back or rendered in somewhere on the front (at least the other starters), and the WiFi button will be placed in the top left corner.

...I mean I HOPE TO GOD that the WiFi button will be placed in the upper left hand corner.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I really like this artwork. It doesn't need to show them all fighting at once, it could simply mean that the characters are inviting the viewer to join in.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The fact that EB games has the same Boxart makes me wonder.

Also, if Brawl doesn't have WiFi, can I sue for False Advertising?

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
It looks real, it just seems too difficult to render all those poses and pull off the right colouring to match the actual game. Perhaps it may not be the final boxart, but it looks legit. But who cares if its real or not, we're going to get the real boxart sooner or later, but for now this one is badass.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm actually not 100% sure it's fake... I'd say it's closer to 95% sure.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Snake and Sonic aren't there since they are hidden characters.
But I'm willing to bet that Sega and Konami (along with the last 3rd Party Guest's company) are going to want some face time for advertising purposes. Like Eight Sage said, I'm not saying that this probably isn't an official cover, it's probably just a concept and most likely not the final version.

shayr1992

Smash Rookie
Ah, but if you look at the list of wii games on the site, there is a wifi logo next to brawl, it's quite easy to just put a picture on top of another.

In the pictures on the press site they have box art without the wii logo or the title. Metroid Prime 3 has the picture of the box alone without the title. They have quite good pictures on there, including the hi res for which you usually need to be an ign insider to download

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
All sites point to it saying its real. I sure hope not. The background is very boring, the characters don't match the Nintendo style at all. They have 4 months to fix it, I suggest they get to it. ;)

Ah, but if you look at the list of wii games on the site, there is a wifi logo next to brawl, it's quite easy to just put a picture on top of another.

And the fact that it is easy to take it off and put it on tells me its more likely to be fake... If it was official, they would ALL have the wi-fi sticker on there without question.

Smash Ace
I drew it guys, sorry to break it to you.

=2007=

on a much more realistic note, that looks far too dang real not to be. it's crazy good and seems to have taken an interstingly modern style.
@sugarpoultry:
you're wrong.
=2007=

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
I object

The boxart looks ok. But I daresay they could of drawn something better for the box art. I was imagining maybe an army of all the playable characters on the box, or perhaps a private four-way brawl between Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby.

And also, Who says that was the official box art? It might be displayed there just as a diversion, to keep us from guessing. Or as a graphical summary for the game. Did Sakurai, Miyamoto, Iwata, Kojima(sp?), or any one from the development team confirmed that this was the real deal?

I been lurking around for some weeks now, so don't call me a complete n00b, or even n00b at all. And I am not against any of you. I'm just not going to believe this will be the actual boxart 'till Sakurai spreads the word.

truegrey

Smash Rookie
anyone still not sure this is real.... follow these easy steps...

1) Walk into any game store
2) Open eyes

thanks for playing

-Grey

-------------------------
Wishlist:
- Lyndis (R.I.P.)
- Boo
- Vyse
- Banjo/Kazooie
- Chrono (any of 'em)
Pipe Dreams:
- Serge
- Kos-Mos

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
We know its official, but it doesn't mean we don't have to like it. And there is a chance they can change it... 4 months is a long time.

If they can delay it for changes within the game, they can change the box....

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Too bad it isn't fake. A lot of the fan made ones look better.

Top Bottom