• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumor has it....

MerzA

Smash Cadet
Neutral B is being turned into a Projectile + Attack reflector (like Pit's shield) and Ganon is getting a ****ing FLOAT!

Also if you hold B while doing an aerial Flame Choke, Ganon will stay suspended in the air for a second until you release it, so no more stupid easy edgeguards when recovering with Flame Choke :denzel:

Of course, these are just rumors, but I got them from a pretty reputable source (doesn't everyone say that?). Take em with a grain of salt.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
upload_2014-4-30_7-58-25.png

There is SO much wrong with that.
1. Hover would be terrible for Ganon (Playstyle-wise).
2. 90% of all Ganon mains already agree that Ganon doesn't need a projectile.
3. Giving Ganon a reflector might be a bit OP considering you're nullifying his one big weakness.
I'd rather work my way through a bracket with the current Ganon than get accused of playing an OP character.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
never heard the hover rumor, other than that one dude saying he would want it.

there's a lot of rumbling about something to stop projectiles, so i can totally see a reflector type of deal.

hovering slam jam is interesting sounding : O

MerzA

Smash Cadet
These aren't my suggestions (except the projectile reflector I posted about a while ago). Just what I've heard through the grapevine.

I agree Ganon doesn't need a float. I'd rather have a bigger (read: lower) grab+jab range and a shorter jump squat animation for better mobility. I also don't want him to be so broken that everyone picks him up and he becomes the Flavor of the Month, but I welcome any positive changes.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Just give Ganon the ability to do the Super Jump from Brawl, that could be the freakin' "float". :skull:

Edit: Welp xD

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I like float. it's both canon and Doctor Doomy. Even if this thread isn't serious and the Ganon mainers would find it too different, that's a cool idea. I don't even know what it would be good for. It's just cool.

#DoctorDorfForProjectM20XX

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Potential crazy theories aside, I've heard that a stance change might be something they're looking into. Didn't the sword mod guy get accepted in the PMBR? Won't be exactly that, but may take a few cues from it.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've always thought Ganondorf should be able to shoot missiles out of his knees when he uses his neutral aerial.

I can't wait!

Ace55

Smash Lord
Ganon with float canceling? Hello +15 on shield aerials. Doubt that's gonna happen but it would actually fit his character outside of smash pretty well.

I'd support nearly any move over Warlock Punch lol.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
If that buff is really happening, I will delight in the OP-ness of it for about a week, and then want it removed.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
let me just re-iterate on a suggestion I "heard" >.>

hey, i have an idea to make Neutral B good. Make it also teleport to directly behind the other player just before the hit-box comes out, and make it go through shield... and...uhh.. oh oh, make it have super armour and make it so you can save up the charge!, and make it hit three times as hard.... yeah, i think that'll about do it. =D

Rikutheater

Smash Cadet
I just hate the idea of a projectile for ganon. As poor of a defense he has against projectiles, ive been accused of playing an op character with the ganon we have now lol

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
I just hate the idea of a projectile for ganon. As poor of a defense he has against projectiles, ive been accused of playing an op character with the ganon we have now lol
Actually, so have I, just recently. By a Mario player of all people >.<

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
i really like the idea of the flame choke delay, but a hover, projectile, or reflector seem a bit much and/or out of place with his current kit. unless they're going with the whole "give dorf an entire new moveset and give his current moveset to black shadow" idea i've seen thrown around.

that aside, he does have some serious issues with projectiles that i wouldn't mind seeing addressed (without giving him a reflector)
i think he'd do well to have his neutral b replaced with a smaller punch or something that steps forward and nullifies projectiles if it hits them. similar to Zangief's green hand in Street Fighter 4. maybe make it cancellable if it eats a projectile so it can lead to some serious punishes if they try to projectile zone you too close, but unsafe to throw out otherwise. i think something along those lines would add an interesting layer of counterplay to both ganondorf and the opponent without being unhealthy to the game or changing his identity

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
The only projectiles I have trouble with are the ones I can't punch. Namely lasers. That come from a blue bird.

MACKU

Smash Rookie
Pretty hyped about the projectile deflection. The hover I will have to use to figure out how I feel about it. Definitely gives him some change ups for recovery.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
View attachment 13244

There is SO much wrong with that.
1. Hover would be terrible for Ganon (Playstyle-wise).
2. 90% of all Ganon mains already agree that Ganon doesn't need a projectile.
3. Giving Ganon a reflector might be a bit OP considering you're nullifying his one big weakness.
I'd rather work my way through a bracket with the current Ganon than get accused of playing an OP character.
I'm sorry Ganon boards... I was young and naive. Will you forgive me for my offenses?

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
You silly PMers. Stop projectiles? That's what power shielding is for.
i still stand by this. i think increasing his running speed and/or increasing his grab range would more than make up for this.

i'm more ok with the idea of a float than i was before so long as it behaves similarly to the way cory described.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
I liked this because psychic. You sure you aren't a Mewtwo main? (except not really >.>)

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
I think I love seeing how many people seem to feel alot differently now about the idea of these buffs. I mean, the first post is "HOW BOUT NO?!?", and that very same guy now is like "Err... yeah. Do it. Like, nao."

To be fair, I feel like hearing the rumor didn't capture how hype the actual implementation would be (seriously, who was prepared for dat raging demon hover stance?)

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I thought hover was going to be dumb if it acted like Peach's or Mewtwo's. Along with giving Ganon insane advantages on shield, it would just look funny if Ganon was floating around and upairing. However, the fact that his aerials cancel his float allow him to still look ****ing awesome. That hover stance is super ****ing cool too, so that helps a lot.

I really love the new spotdodges and rolls too. It finally gives him that evil wizardy vibe that he's been missing for so long.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
The same place as my shockwave from an aerial wizkick with no landlag... >.>

Top Bottom